+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: US Open - Tennis

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    federer is one of the best players i've ever seen in my life. Pete Sampras was good but this guy is just plain SICK. watching him play was great and it could have only been better if he kicked Roddick's whiney ass. seeing him kill agassi is a consolation prize i guess. CONGRATS
    I agree partially. Federer is plain old SICK to watch. He's soo good. He really creamed Hewitt at the final. But Pete was my favorite. He would puke, get sick, look faint but he would always finish his matches and he won a lot. I loved that guy. However, I am a HUGE Andy fan. I think his serve is great (fast!) but he can use some more practice I guess. Plus, it doesn't hurt that he's such a cutie.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

FORT Newbie

fanatic:as in killed i dont mean dominate (though i use both interchangeably =D). the match between the two was great and seeing the old guy play roger tough was entertaining.

leogirl_21:i'm a big pete sampras fan also. one of the most humble people i've had a chance to meet in my life. its too bad he had to retire. as for Andy. i don't enjoy watching him as much. he comes off whiney. did you see him complain to the chairperson in his last match? i know everybody complains, but Andy takes it to a whole new level. the whole pouting in the chair thing is childish. his game is great, if you like watching big serves, but i'm one of those people who can do without aces. and yeah, he does need practice to become more of a round player. anyway, GREAT YEAR OF TENNIS. can't wait to see if Roger can win 4 grand slams in a year

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel
    leogirl_21:i'm a big pete sampras fan also. one of the most humble people i've had a chance to meet in my life. its too bad he had to retire. as for Andy. i don't enjoy watching him as much. he comes off whiney. did you see him complain to the chairperson in his last match? i know everybody complains, but Andy takes it to a whole new level. the whole pouting in the chair thing is childish. his game is great, if you like watching big serves, but i'm one of those people who can do without aces. and yeah, he does need practice to become more of a round player. anyway, GREAT YEAR OF TENNIS. can't wait to see if Roger can win 4 grand slams in a year
    I completely agree. As well, Pete Sampras is my all-time favourite tennis player. I really admire his character; he's full of high class and charisma. I'm not a huge fan of Roddick but I don't mind him so much. I agree that he whines quite frequently and he does have amazing serves. However, I'm with Daniel as well, I'm also one of those people who can do without aces.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789