+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: US Open - Tennis

Her serve is the worst serve I have seen in tennis. While Serena is going around 110mph, Dementieava is going at around 57mph.

The only reason she ever wins is because her opponents make the mistakes, not her.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

Picks anyone?

Lleyton
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I agree about Dementieva's serve, if she could improve it, she'd have a good shot at winning a slam. I don't know why Mauresmo and Capriati didn't capitalize on the weak serve the way Kusnetsova did.

Regarding the men, I think Roger will win, he's just too good though I'd prefer it if Lleyton won. Roger is too arrogant for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic277
    Regarding the men, I think Roger will win, he's just too good though I'd prefer it if Lleyton won. Roger is too arrogant for my liking.
    I dislike Roger muchly and I really hope to see Lleyton win this Slam.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by unexplained

Picks anyone?
    Definitely Lleyton!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

Ruano Pascual/Suarez just beat Kuznetsova/Likhovtseva 6-4, 7-5!

Third time in a row, making history!

Federer Clinches US Open Championship, Wins Third Major of Year
    Top seed Roger Federer captured the first US Open title of his career Sunday, defeating 2001 champion Lleyton Hewitt, 6-0, 7-6, 6-0, to become the first man to win three Grand Slam titles in one year since Mats Wilander in 1988. Federer, who halted US Open Series winner Hewitt's winning streak at 16 matches, is now 4-0 in Grand Slam finals and the first player to win back-to-back Wimbledon and US Open championships since Pete Sampras in 1995. With the victory, the Swiss No. 1 improves his Grand Slam record since the 2003 French Open to 32-2.

Oh well. He's too good, I concede.

Someone was saying that Federer is an underrated player. :nono He's number one in the world and won 3 Grand Slams this year. How is he in any way underrated?

FORT Newbie

Best Ever

federer is one of the best players i've ever seen in my life. Pete Sampras was good but this guy is just plain SICK. watching him play was great and it could have only been better if he kicked Roddick's whiney ass. seeing him kill agassi is a consolation prize i guess. CONGRATS
    Last edited by Daniel; 09-13-2004 at 02:50 AM. Reason: wrong

I don't think he "killed" Agassi considering it took 5 sets to beat him, though he definitely "killed" Hewitt!

+ Reply to Thread