+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: US Open - Tennis

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    for Ai. She had a worthy opponent.

Jennifer vs Serena. interesting.
    Federer vs. Agassi (when it happens)
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Usopen.com
    In the 25th meeting of their careers, Lindsay Davenport defeated Venus Williams, 7-5, 6-4, to reach the US Open quarterfinals for the eighth consecutive year. Davenport, who has extended her winning streak to 20 matches, improves her lifetime record against Williams to 13-12. Andre Agassi made quick work of Sargis Sargsian, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2, advancing the two-time champ to a highly anticipated quarterfinal showdown with Roger Federer. Federer moved on in the draw today after his fourth-round opponent, Andrei Pavel, withdrew with a herniated disc in his lower back. (The Martina Navratilova-Leander Paes vs. Maria Sharapova-Max Mirnyi mixed doubles match has been moved to the evening session.) Other winners include Tim Henman, Dominik Hrbaty, Svetlana Kuznetsova and Shinobu Asagoe.
    I was very happy to see Shinobu, they only unranked player left, to advance. On the other hand I was upset to see Mary Pierce and Venus Williams get eliminated.

Though I am not the biggest fan of the Williams, I don't like how everybody is saying that they have 'lost' it. I want them to get one more run at the title.

Yeah!! Andre! Just love watching the old-timer run the young kids around.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    for Ai. She had a worthy opponent.

Jennifer vs Serena. interesting.
    Federer vs. Agassi (when it happens)
    And its gonna happen soon! They are up playing very soon. I think tomorrow or the day after! Woohoo! That will be one to watch!

I am starting to like Sharapova but she reminds me too much of Kournikova.
    I am a HUGE Andy Roddick fan!
    Women's: I used to love Martina Hingis when she used to play but now my favorite is most definitely Justine Henin-Hardenne. She plays one tough game. Serena is too overpowering for me.
    Rooting for Andy and Justine as my first choices but there are lots of other players that I like.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Nooooo....Justine lost!!

I didnt know that. I can't bear to watch a replay of Justine's match.

However, Tim Henman. Asagoe
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShandiRocks
    Nooooo....Justine lost!!
    Yeah, I was quite disappointed. She was my favourite to win. She definitely wasn't herself last night - I guess you win some, you lose some. I am sure she will come back stronger next year

Now I will be rooting for Davenport to win this all.
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

Quote Originally Posted by usopen.org
    The question here isn't whether Andy Roddick will win; it's whether he will drop a set. Roddick is 6-0 lifetime against old junior foe Tommy Robredo, beating him on four different surfaces. He's won all 15 sets they've played, mostly because he's a little better in every department. Robredo can't do anything with Roddick's bullet serve, has a weaker forehand and, up until this year, hasn't served well enough himself to keep Andy from pouncing.
    harsh! Denying any possibility of Tommy posing a threat to Andy. Well, I like to hold on to that hope.

okay, not the most flattering picture of Andy.

I agree, so can you post more of Andy please?

Justine also lost the number one ranking, most likely Amelie Mauresmo will be number one though Lindsay Davenport still has a chance too.

Amelie got eliminated by Dementieva in a third set tie breaker! I am shocked due to the fact that Dementieva isn't that strong of a player.

Here is who I want to win:

Nadia Petrova RUS
    vs.
    Svetlana Kuznetsova RUS

Shinobu Asagoe JPN
    vs.
    Lindsay Davenport USA (5)

Jennifer Capriati USA (8)
    vs.
    Serena Williams USA (3)

Elena Dementieva RUS (6)
    vs.
    Amelie Mauresmo FRA (2) (though I know she lost)

Out of the 8 remaining players at the quater finals three are American and three and Russian.

I really like the underdog so I would like to see a Shinobu/Serena final or Davenport if not Shinobu.
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 09-07-2004 at 04:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread