+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: US Open - Tennis

Serena Williams held off a stiff challenge and Amelie Mauresmo was forced to rally, but both advanced to the US Open third round Wednesday. Williams beat Lindsay Lee-Waters, 6-4, 6-3, and Mauresmo came back from a set down to defeat Julia Vakulenko, 3-6, 6-2, 6-2. Other winners include Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian, Sebastien Grosjean, Elena Dementieva and Vera Zvonareva. Gustavo Kuerten and Fernando Gonzalez lost their opening-round matches in four sets, and Angela Haynes upset veteran Magdalena Maleeva, 6-2, 6-3. Jennifer Capriati and Roger Federer are in action tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Usopen.org
    2004 French Open champions Anastasia Myskina and Gaston Gaudio were eliminated in the second round of the US Open Thursday. Myskina, seeded fourth, lost to fellow Russian Anna Chakvetadze, a 17-year-old qualifier, and Gaudio fell to 2002 Australian Open winner Thomas Johansson. Justine Henin-Hardenne also struggled but eventually defeated Tzipora Obziler in three sets. Also advancing to round three are Lindsay Davenport, Chanda Rubin, Paradorn Srichaphan and Nicolas Kiefer.
    Not a good day for the French Open winners. Wasn't Myskina also eliminated early in Wimbledon?

for Chandra Rubin!

Lindsay is playing really well, I hope she wins the title.

No. 26 seed Mardy Fish did not capitalize on his Olympic silver-medal performance, losing his second-round match Thursday to Czech qualifier Michal Tabara.

Maria Sharapova defeated Jelena Jankovic, 6-0, 6-7, 6-1, to advance to Round 3 of the 2004 US Open.

Venus Williams also won!

T.Dent (21) lost againest P.Mathieu. Mathieu has never gone past the first round in the US Open.

Nicolas Massu (10) lost againest Sargis Sargsian.
    Last edited by AIWANNABE; 09-02-2004 at 10:32 PM.

I forgot to add that Massu was the gold medalist for men's single and doubles in Athens.

Best defenceman ever canadian_d's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShandiRocks
    Go Justine Henin-Hardenne!!
    I am rooting for her to go all the way!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from indomitable will."

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I'd post more but US Open is messing up my bedtimes. But for the love of the game..

Anyway, to Justine, Ferrero, Lleyton.
    for Msykina (yes, she departed early in Wimbledon, 2nd round, i think), Gaudio, Younes, Marat Safin, Gustavo Kuerten.

Roddick vs Nadal. Interesting!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

I agree UE, Roddick Vs Nadal shoud be a great match. Another match I'm looking forward to is Serena Williams against Tatiana Golovin, she's a rising star in tennis and it should be an interesting match.

Tragic loss for Daniella Hantuchova againest P.Schnyder (15) in a third set tie breaker, after Daniella had two match points. Daniella has really gone back to her healthy self, but she can't be so hard on herself:
    BEFORE:

NOW:

+ Reply to Thread