+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL Divisional Playoffs (Week 2)

True Bill, they should be some pretty good games. I think the Raiders secondary (as hurt as it is) is probably as healthy as it's been since week 4. And it seems like only a few weeks ago the Silver & Black were handing it to the Jets on a Monday night game. But it will be a matchup of the #1 & #2 rated passers in the NFL, so I expect a high scoring, tight game...& my Raiders eek out a win with the help of a last second "tuck rule" call.

Well, I do hope they get to the big game, just because a Bucs - Raiders game would be so good on so many levels... Chucky against his old team... Rich Gannon finally getting the recognition he deserves...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Philly is making a major mistake allowing Atlanta to hang around like this.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fanatic
    The Titans / Steelers game was another good one, during regulation time.
    The NFL really doesn't look good with the BS overtime rule ... first score wins. They should give the opponent 1 possession after the first score for a chance to come back. Otherwise, just give the win to the team that wins the coin toss!
    I don't really care who won, just a great game ruined by the cheap OT rules, IMO.

Scores from yesterday's games:

Pittsburgh 31 vs. Tennessee 34 F (ot)

Atlanta 6 vs. Philadelphia 20 F

49'ers: Jeff Garcia has a cold, but will start. Will it effect the game? Also, CB Webster is questionable to start.

Bucs: Brad Johnson will start at QB, and says he feels great. The Bucs defense is quick enough to prevent Garcia's standard "out of the pocket" runs. No one from the Bucs is out with injuries today. Bucs and Niners haven't met since 1997, when the Bucs won. I'm looking for them to repeat that today.

The Jets/Raiders game should come right down to the final play. Those guys have a history, and play tough football. I'm looking to see the Raiders win it, but by a very close margin.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by John
    Scores from yesterday's games:

Pittsburgh 31 vs. Tennessee 34 F (ot)

Atlanta 6 vs. Philadelphia 20 F
    Well, at least I got who won right... but I blew the spreads.

Well, let's hope you're right about at least one game today, too (the Bucs game).

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I was deeply disappointed in the end of that Steelers game.

1 - I know technically (from the pages of the NFL gamerule handbook) the guy touched the kicker, but at some point common sense has to take part in these calls. No way do you decide a playoff game with a call like that.

2 - Sounds like the refs screwed up again with the TimeOut thing. I heard on SC this morning that one of the Steelers players actually requested a time out from the official and called him by name saying they wanted a time out and was denied because the ref thought they only got one time out (you get 3 in the playoffs in OT)

3- Totally agree with Bill that (at the very least for playoffs) there needs to be some different set up for the OT. A coin toss is such a weak way to decide. I know that the stats are not overwhelmingly in favor of the winning toss team winning the game, but winning by a FG is like 90% in OT (or some overwhelming figure like that). With any "typical" runback to the 20/25 yard line, a team only needs to go about 40 yards to get into field goal range. This just sucks all the way around. :nono

My plan for OT. Each team gets the ball starting on their own 20 and has 2 minutes on the clock and 1 time out. Run the 2-minute drill and see how you fare. That way it cuts down the length of OT. And each team gets a chance to have their offense touch the ball damnit!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

How about just changing the OT rules to "no field goals"? You either get a touchdown, or punt. You'd see a few more spectacular plays in OT, and probably a more even ratio of winning the toss over winning the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast