+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shania Twain to perform live at Super Bowl 37

Shania Twain to perform live at Super Bowl 37

Shania Twain to perform live at SB XXXVII

(Jan. 6, 2003) -- Musical superstar Shania Twain will perform live at the Super Bowl in San Diego during the AT&T Wireless Super Bowl XXXVII Halftime Show. Other halftime performers will be announced at a later date.

Slated this year for Sunday, Jan. 26 at Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, the Super Bowl is annually the nation's highest-rated TV program and the most-watched single-day sporting event. This year’s game will be televised live on ABC to an expected 130 million viewers in the United States and 800 million viewers worldwide.

"The AT&T Wireless Super Bowl Halftime Show is an important part of the Super Bowl and one of the most widely viewed entertainment events of the year," said NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue. "We are pleased that the spectacular talent of Shania Twain will become part of our Super Bowl halftime tradition."

"I can't imagine anyone getting up to go to the refrigerator with Shania Twain performing on the 50-yard line," said Michael Sievert, Chief Marketing Officer, AT&T Wireless. "Everything about this year's AT&T Wireless Super Bowl XXXVII Halftime Show promises to be nothing short of spectacular."

um, woo?
    (John twirls his finger in the air)

Sleeping with George W

Re: Shania Twain to perform live at Super Bowl 37

Originally posted by John
    "I can't imagine anyone getting up to go to the refrigerator with Shania Twain performing on the 50-yard line," said Michael Sievert, Chief Marketing Officer, AT&T Wireless.
    Well, imagine it.

John and Eden!

(I mean I like Shania Twain and all, but if I have to go to the refrigerator while she's performing, I'll go! )

Eden!
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Shania's whole schtick these days is wearing see-through clothes with black undies and bra. I mean, has anyone noticed if she's actually singing?

Personally, I like a little more talent with my music.

I like a little less whore with mine.

I cannot stand her. She's an embarrassment to country music, she's an embarassment to Canadians and she's an embarrassment to the female gender.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Miss F's right, while she's there, can you keep her?

She dressed like this at the Grey Cup Halftime Show (CFL final game) in November
    [IMG]images/user/Shania-GreyCup1.jpg[/IMG]
    I'd bet about a million she isn't going to dress like that at the Superbowl.
    Not being an NFL football fan, I usually only watch the halftime show.
    I'll skip it this year thanks...

Yeah.. dress like you're one of us for the Grey Cup. Dress like a skank for the rest of the world.

My loathing of her knows no bounds.

Edited to add that I don't care if she does dress like a skank for us either, I just think her whole approach to marketing is incredibly lame

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Pretty hard to be skanky at freezing temp, but I'll bet the outfit isn't remotely like that- not that I really care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast