+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sports Stars You Have Met

Okay Most of all the Redskins each season from the late 70's to this season.
    a lot of the Wizards, from when they were the bullets till now including MJ.
    Some of the Orioes but from when Cal Ripkin was with him, including him.
    And almost every WWE superstar including the Rock and Hulk Hogan.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I finally got a scanner and here are some of my pics of hockey players. These were taken a while ago, keep that in mind~lol

This is Steve Yzerman and Mike Modano

This is the Gretzky family

and finally, the one and only Jose Theodore. That's all for now...

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    cools pics ELF.

Cool, Eva!

Training Camp

I traveled to the Twin Cities in 1996 for a co-worker's wedding (BTW, the St. Paul Hotel is a very nice place to hold a reception.), and it just happened to coincide with the second week of the Vikings' training camp, so on my last day up there I took a day trip from Minneapolis to Mankato to watch special teams practice, and got defensive tackle John Randle (a man who knows how to use eyeblack if ever there was) to sign the page from the Minneapolis Star Tribune on which the directions I used to get down there were printed. (I'll scan it one day before it disintegrates totally, I swear.)

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Met tons of New York Yankees when I went to the FanFest in 1994. They don't do that anymore (you went to the Jacob Javits center and went from line to line getting autographs). Jim Leyritz was the nicest guy there and Mike Stanley was FLAT!

I met Derek Jeter and Gerald Williams in July of 1996 in the Garden State Plaza mall in New Jersey (while looking all over for wedding shoes!). It was a day when their game got rained out and they went to the mall. It was Jeter's first year in the majors, so he wasn't reconizable like now. I actually recognized Gerald Williams first. I stopped them and talked for a good minute or two, telling DJ I voted for him for that year's all-star game but since I had voted while visiting Camden Yards, I laughed that I thought Cal might win from those votes!

He was so very nice (both of them actually!). I didn't ask for an autograph (damn!), but it was nice to have a conversation with him. He could NEVER go to a mall now, so it was probably nice to be unrecognizable. He also mentioned he liked my necklace (I had a small NY pendant my then future-husband had given me)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Not exactly a sports star, but I met Harry Carrey at a Cubs game a few years before he passed away.

mr. gracie use to bowl with Mike Pruitt, formerly of the Cleveland Browns, so I got to know him rather well.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123