+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Torpedo
    Woo! Canada won it's first medal, be it a bronze. It was women's synchronized diving. China came in first, Russia second. It took long enough for us to win one.

FORT Regular
    I think I have found out every result either by accident or on purpose before I have seen it on tv. For the rest of the Olympics I will have to either not talk to anyone or not watch any tv (except for Olympic coverage) or not go online. The time difference is not a good thing :-)

And for some weird reason I am cheering for the Russian mens gymnastics team today, perhaps that Alexei Nemov has something to do with it, ever since the Atlanta Olympics I have been

Quote Originally Posted by Alexa

And for some weird reason I am cheering for the Russian mens gymnastics team today, perhaps that Alexei Nemov has something to do with it, ever since the Atlanta Olympics I have been
    I too am completly for Alexei Nemov. I didn't even know he was competing again (wasn't he part of the Ukrainian team before or am I just confused? :rolleyes ). When I read your post I looked over at the TV (which was showing men's gymnastics but I wasn't really watching) and there he was He didn't receive a good score though, hope he does better as the competition goes on

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    I too am completly for Alexei Nemov. I didn't even know he was competing again (wasn't he part of the Ukrainian team before or am I just confused? :rolleyes ). When I read your post I looked over at the TV (which was showing men's gymnastics but I wasn't really watching) and there he was He didn't receive a good score though, hope he does better as the competition goes on
    What channel had men's gymnastics?! It seems like I can't watch it on tv until tonight either on NBC or CBC.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    What channel had men's gymnastics?! It seems like I can't watch it on tv until tonight either on NBC or CBC.
    It was on SRC, the French version of CBC. Just like CBC they usually show everything live. They show a lot less gymnastics than NBC does though, so I can only catch glimpse of it. I will watch it again tonight on NBC so I can have another look at my cutie pie Alexei Nemov

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    What's next...Lawn darts?
    Sweet! I'd kick so much ass and be sooooo drunk

Jay
    My TV has picture in picture. On the main screen I watch CBC and the smaller screen has SRC (or vice versa). Obsessed with the Olympics? You betcha.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    I was so sure that Dominique Moceanu was 14 when the Magnificent 7 won gold, did they change the age limit to 16 (they mentioned this when they were showing the chinese team---they look like they're 10 or 12) this year or 2000 or what?
    yeah they changed the age limit for the 2000 Games. technically you can be as young as 15 now, as long as you turn 16 before January 1, 2005. Go Carly! Go Mo! Go USA!
    all that shimmers in this world is sure to fade

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    I am sooooo glad I get the CBC coverage. Every once in a while, I flip to NBC just to remind myself how superior the Canadian coverage is.
    Same here. Love that CBC actually shows stuff live. And I get a kick out of the swimming announcer..he really gets excited.
    "Someone forgot to drink their courageous juice this morning" from "Psych"

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I watched the Men's 200m Freestlyle Swimming with bated breath. It was too good a competition to miss.

Pieter 2nd.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread