+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Do the Canadians have a strong team? Good luck to them as well.
    I watched the SRC's (French version of CBC) coverage of gymnastics this morning and they almost only showed the Canadian. I can say that I wasn't very impress with them. In Sydney they finished 11 and are hoping to improve this time. I think so far if all of the teams that haven't competed yet do better than the Canadians, they'll finish 10, so at least that's a little better.

I much prefer the American team. Plus, they almost never show gymnastics competitions on canadian channels so the American team is the only one I can follow every year.

I'm SoOOOOo excited to see Michael Phelps and Ian Thorpe to compete in the 200m freestyle..and I wish Phelps will kick Thorpe's butt..*cross my finger* and go MO!

Is synchronized board diving a new Olympic sport? It's fun to watch. Did anyone see that tiny Turkish woman break world records for weight lifting? Too bad about her moustache.The summer Olympics aren't Canada's strength, they do much better in Winter Olympics, go figure.

USA Basketball = :phhht

That's what they get; they were so cocky and expected to waltz through to the gold. Ain't gonna happen, boys. Put your huge diamond earrings away and start playing like a real team.

On a side note, go USA!

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    USA Basketball = :phhht

That's what they get; they were so cocky and expected to waltz through to the gold. Ain't gonna happen, boys. Put your huge diamond earrings away and start playing like a real team.

On a side note, go USA!
    I agree, I hate it when the US players get cocky...good for you Puerto Rico...They never gave the US a chance...

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Is synchronized board diving a new Olympic sport? It's fun to watch. Did anyone see that tiny Turkish woman break world records for weight lifting? Too bad about her moustache.The summer Olympics aren't Canada's strength, they do much better in Winter Olympics, go figure.

FORT Fogey
    That basketball game was just sad. Serves them right, I suppose.

It's too bad that Michael Phelps lost today... But I guess 1 gold medal is enough to brag about anyways!!!

Good start, ladies! Keep it up! (Especially Courtney Kupets and Mohini Bhardwaj, pictured below!)

I was so sure that Dominique Moceanu was 14 when the Magnificent 7 won gold, did they change the age limit to 16 (they mentioned this when they were showing the chinese team---they look like they're 10 or 12) this year or 2000 or what?

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    I was so sure that Dominique Moceanu was 14 when the Magnificent 7 won gold, did they change the age limit to 16 (they mentioned this when they were showing the chinese team---they look like they're 10 or 12) this year or 2000 or what?
    Maybe DJ will correct me but I believe that they changed the age limit sometimes between 1996 and 2000.

+ Reply to Thread