+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

That was just so TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!! It was awful, and I think it is just amazing that the Brazilian managed to come in 3rd.
    There definitely should be some discussion about that whole situation.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    turns out the intruder is Irish, and has a history of demonstrating during World Stage Track events.
    Attached Images Attached Images

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I thought that was done in bad taste. The distraction in the Men's Marathon.

Anyway, next Olympics is in Asia. Beijing, China 2008. I think I'll drop by. I can't bear to have the Olympics in the same region and not be able to soak up the atmosphere.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    I thought that was done in bad taste. The distraction in the Men's Marathon.

Anyway, next Olympics is in Asia. Beijing, China 2008. I think I'll drop by. I can't bear to have the Olympics in the same region and not be able to soak up the atmosphere.
    Yeah...I'm sort of hoping the 2012 games come to New York, since I live there.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained

I was really hoping that Toronto would host the 2008 Olympics as that would have been close enough for me to go and watch a competition.
    If New York wins in 2012 I guess I can always go there as it is not that further away...
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    I was really hoping that Toronto would host the 2008 Olympics as that would have been close enough for me to go and watch a competition.
    If New York wins in 2012 I guess I can always go there as it is not that further away...
    Vancouver/Whistler 2010! I cannot wait for that. I don't think New York will get 2012 just because I don't think they will want to make back-to-back Olympics on the same continent. But there are other reasons why I think they will put it New York for political reasons. So you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Vancouver/Whistler 2010! I cannot wait for that. I don't think New York will get 2012 just because I don't think they will want to make back-to-back Olympics on the same continent. But there are other reasons why I think they will put it New York for political reasons. So you never know.
    Can't wait for Vancouver/Whistler either! Hopefully I'll be able to come there.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinntheEskimo
    turns out the intruder is Irish, and has a history of demonstrating during World Stage Track events.
    He's a defrocked Irish RC priest with weirdo ideas about the end of the world. Ran in front of Formula 1 cars at the British Grand Prix last year. He could have been killed or caused a crash and killed others. Was jailed for a couple of months I think. Should have been much longer. I read that the Brazilian athlete is to get a good sportmanship award. Congrats, but thingk about what he missed out on!!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Thanks NBC for not showing the fireworks

Costas, who was a complete dope during the opening ceremony, gave an incredibly eloquent sendoff at the end (prepared / writers )

I watch it on the internet via the BBC, totally awesome coverage. Thank you Greece for putting on such a fantastic show.

Bring on Beijing
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

+ Reply to Thread