+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Does anyone know how this non-live stuff will work? Obviously, in the US we won't be seeing these events live on NBC. Am I going to have to avoid Yahoo! or anything where they may post the winners before the events are televised? I don't remember how this has worked in the past.
    DJ , if you live close enough to the Canadian border to pick up CBC, they pretty much broadcast 24/7 live unedited feed in real time. (Greece= +7 EST)

I watched some of the opening ceremonies. Canada's uniforms were really grotesque, why do they always have to do red and white, I know it's the flags colours, but other countries don't necessarily have the team uniforms colour co-ordinated to their flag. Italy look great, light khaki blazers, with open coloured light blue shirts!

Hmm, well I'm in Minneapolis but I've never heard of CBC. So we must not get it down here.

Thanks, though! I'll just avoid Yahoo and everything during the games so I'm not spoiled by who won! (I guess I better avoid this thread, as well. )
    Last edited by DJeterFan; 08-13-2004 at 05:53 PM. Reason: fixed typo

CBC = Canadian Broadcasting Corp.

From what I have read on here some can get it via antenna if they are close enough to the border.

I have to agree Lotus, I know so much of the 70's style is back but holy crap!
    I really liked the USA outfits tho, apparently the women's soccer captain made a comment about them looking like senior citizens in Sydney & now they look hip.

FORT Fogey
    Well, we watched the opening ceremonies (for a little while anyway)...

We saw a little bit of the Greek History montage-y sort of thing, which the kids seemed to enjoy... then as the countries started to march in, it was a little more difficult to keep their attention... they couldn't wait for Canada, but eventually Canada came on... and they decided (on their own) to stand up and sing "O Canada" (the national anthem) and wave a flag around.... I wish I had a camera, cause it was a precious moment indeed.... after that it was all downhill, and we turned it off in favor of The Tigger Movie. I'm watching it now so that I can actually watch it in peace

FORT Fogey
    I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!! I really hope the US women's soccer team can come out on top. GO USA! Mia Hamm is my hero.

I will be watching soccer, gymnastics, diving, volleyball, and field hockey!!!Just started watching the opening ceremonies.

Great opening ceremony, I loved it except for the boring speeches, but they've always gotta put those in there so.... Now I look forward to the rest of the games, I'll be cheering for the US and Norway & be watching equestrian, gymnastics, diving.....and everything else that doesn't collide with something more important (like BB and TAR.... =/ ) hehe
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

FORT Fogey
    Women's US soccer team just beat Brazil 2-0.

I thought the opening ceremony was good, but the speeches by the lady and that guy were really boring. The Greek history thing was cool.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

This was beautiful!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Swimming - Micheal Phelps broke his own world record. Michael Phelps began his quest for a record eight gold medals with victory in the 400m individual medley.

The American broke his own world record as he beat compatriot Erik Vendt and Hungary's Laszlo Cseh into silver and bronze respectively.

You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread