+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    BlueMeanie, maybe Marion was different in her interview with NBC... that's the only way I can figure it... When CBC interviewed the team, she seemed to almost shrug it off...
    I saw the interview with NBC, and I agree with Dflem (though he saw a different interview), that she almost shrugged it off. If anyone was upset it was Williams, not Marion.

The NBC interview I saw she was swallowing hard and fighting for dry eyes. Her words may have been said nonchalantly, but she was hurting, as were the rest of her team-mates. They were going out of their way trying not to make too big of a deal out of it for Williams' sake (rookie runner). Maybe I have watched Marion a lot in the past, so I read her a little differently than someone else would. She was also teary-eyed after taking fifth in the long jump, but when she knew the camera was on her, she smiled and waved to the fans--like that wasn't too much of a heart-breaker, too.
    Last edited by Blue Meanie; 08-28-2004 at 08:46 PM.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

ok i'm getting a little sick of some of the members of the men's track team

a silver is no longer good enough now

i think its that Justin something with a G that said that he was not happy or something, i noticed last night in a race where the americans took a 1-2-3 sweep i think he was 3rd...he looked SO MISERABLE on the podium, where the guy who won the silver looked SO HAPPY....he was probably excited he beat justin lol....and the guy who won the gold didn't really have much emotion at all

is it true when the americans crossed the finish line the greeks started booing???

Premium Member
    I am sooo tired of hearing the NBC commentators refering to the Australian athletes as the "ozzies". I know what they are trying to say but it always comes out sounding like "ozzies". Maybe I'm being nitpicky but it's been driving me nuts throughout the whole entire games.

I bet most of you guys have seen them, but I love the Olympic Googles. If you don't know what I am talking about, here is today's.

I am sooo tired of hearing the NBC commentators refering to the Australian athletes as the "ozzies". I know what they are trying to say but it always comes out sounding like "ozzies". Maybe I'm being nitpicky but it's been driving me nuts throughout the whole entire games.
    Um... It's supposed to be said with a z sound, not an s sound, if that's what you're talking about. Ah-sees is not the right way to say it. It's Au-zees. Just being nitpicky.

Quote Originally Posted by snickers
    ok i'm getting a little sick of some of the members of the men's track team

a silver is no longer good enough now

i think its that Justin something with a G that said that he was not happy or something, i noticed last night in a race where the americans took a 1-2-3 sweep i think he was 3rd...he looked SO MISERABLE on the podium, where the guy who won the silver looked SO HAPPY....he was probably excited he beat justin lol....and the guy who won the gold didn't really have much emotion at all

is it true when the americans crossed the finish line the greeks started booing???
    I can understand the third placed guy (Justin Gatlin) being less than happy.
    He won the gold in the 100m and as he feels the 200 is his better event, he was probably expecting to do better and was disappointed.
    Williams, the second placed guy, can't have expected a silver with Crawford and Gatlin in the race, so he was obviously happy.
    He's going to be a stand-up comic incidentally.

I didn't hear any Greek boos, but if they were it doesn't surprise me.
    Kenteris (sp) who was a carrying Greek hopes of a gold medal in these games, was one of the athletes that dropped out after missing a drug test because of a mystery motorbike accident.
    The crowd were always going to be disappointed with the outcome of the 200 because their top guy wasn't in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Gold for the British men in the 4x100 relay

I'm hoarse from screaming them across the line.
    It was fabulous for the team. TOTALLY unexpected!!! BUT team work and smooth baton changing were the key YEEEAAAHHH!!!

AND Amir Khan the only Brit in the boxing got a silver medal. Was fighting a Cuban, who at 33 was nearly twice the British lad's age. Brilliant, a great prospect for the future!!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Um... It's supposed to be said with a z sound, not an s sound, if that's what you're talking about. Ah-sees is not the right way to say it. It's Au-zees. Just being nitpicky.
    Yup, that's exactly it. Here all this time I thought they were saying it wrong when it was just me who didn't know better. I appreciate being set straight.. thanks

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    travesty in the Marathon today- the Brazilian leader (by about 1:15) was attacked and taken off the course at the 23 mile mark-by what appeared to be an Italian fan ( he was dressed in tradional italian garb, watch the highlights you'll see what i mean)... anyway an Italian, Baldini, ends up winning the race.
    - USA second- rare considering the worlds best were in this race!

+ Reply to Thread