+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

I watched the gymnastics gala last night and I must say that I am a little disappointed (with the coverage, not the gala)

I wish they had shown us more of it instead of just the Americans plus a few others.

But what I did saw I liked a lot. I love the lighting in this event, it is so "dramatic", and I love seeing the gymnasts perform in such a relax environment. And the music was great too.

I know I am answering this a little too late but I want to do it anyway.
    I was watching/still am watching: gymnastics, swimming, track and field, diving, some volleyball, tennis, some rowing. Some of my favorite atheletes are: Alex Despatie, Natalie Coughlin, Amanda Beard, Aaron Peirsol, the Hamm twins, Carly Patterson, Misty May, Andy Roddick, Justine Henin Hardenne, and of course Michael Phelps! Track and Field has too many newbies so I don't really know many of them but I still watch the sport.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    I watched the gymnastics gala last night and I must say that I am a little disappointed (with the coverage, not the gala)

I wish they had shown us more of it instead of just the Americans plus a few others.

But what I did saw I liked a lot. I love the lighting in this event, it is so "dramatic", and I love seeing the gymnasts perform in such a relax environment. And the music was great too.
    Did they show Kyle Shewfelt? I taped the NBC coverage because I was getting rather annoyed with them showing about 3 routines at a time and then going to something else so I'm going to watch it later. I was also watching BB5 & TAR5. It was cool that they had music and the dramatic lighting. Some of them looked like they were really having fun.

FORT Regular

That has been my peeve for the whole Olympic coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    Did they show Kyle Shewfelt? I taped the NBC coverage because I was getting rather annoyed with them showing about 3 routines at a time and then going to something else so I'm going to watch it later. I was also watching BB5 & TAR5. It was cool that they had music and the dramatic lighting. Some of them looked like they were really having fun.
    No they didn't In fact they didn't show any men doing their floor routine, which is usually my favorite part because a lot of them get into the music and improvise a little

No they didn't In fact they didn't show any men doing their floor routine, which is usually my favorite part because a lot of them get into the music and improvise a little
    The floor is the best apparatus to perform on, so I'm amazed that they didn't show any men on it. I saw a few of the routines, was Carly the only one to perform on floor? And it seemed to me that CBC didn't even show any gymnastics at all, unless I completely missed it. Anyone know if they did?

Fort Member
    Another cheerful Olympic moment. Paraguay have never won a medal of any colour at any Olympics until now. They play for gold or silver in the soccer (football). I think thats so cool. Go Paraguay

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    Another cheerful Olympic moment. Paraguay have never won a medal of any colour at any Olympics until now. They play for gold or silver in the soccer (football). I think thats so cool. Go Paraguay
    It is a great story Lucynda! Paraguay plays Argentina on Saturday in the gold medal game.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    Baseball?? needs to be dropped from the Olympics. USA almost qualified this year with our 12 and 13 yr old Little Leaguers! It's too bad b/c it could be a great tournament if the major leaguers were able to play! Can you imagine- USA, Cuba, Dominican Rep, Puerto Rico, Japan (their pro league runs in the summer as well)... anyway- it would be a heluva tournament- instead it has not garnered one second of air time here??
    Are you kidding? Probably the reason it's not getting coverage in the states, is because the US is not in the competition. Let's face it, in every country they tend to show quite a bit of the home athletes, but I feel like NBC goes overboard just a tad. The baseball is fine as it is, and has gotten quite a bit of coverage elsewhere in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    didn't they beat Iraq??
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread