+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I think they must be using that double-sided sticky tape that they use in beauty pageants... I know I got seriously tired of watching Misty May constantly picking her suit bottom out of her butt.
    No kiddin'.
    I wouldn't be rushing to shake hands with her after the match.
    As I've said before, I tihnk their outfits are ridiculous.
    The guys manage to play in vests and shorts, the women should be able to as well.

I am so happy for Alex Despatie! He is so young but yet very focused and hard-working. There's even more good news... the 3 metre springboard isn't even his strong point, the 10 metre one is.
    Let's all hope for another medal.
    Congrats to Lori-Ann and Perdita, too. I agree with Miss F, the guy that always asks the questions after a runner did poorly is so untactful.

According the Canadian tv, the result in the 100 hurdles will stand, the race will not be rerun.

I do feel for the Russian woman, but thems the breaks.
    I think it would have been more unfair to rerun it.

Yeah, they couldn't rerun it. That would wreck everyone else's training. It is a sad situation, though. Reminds me of Mary Decker Slaney in the...what was it? '88 Olympics? Tripped over Zola Budd. Something like that.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Fort Member
    Good news for Australia and a Shock our Baseball Team won against Japan and now they are playing Cuba for the gold medal tonight. Not exactly a sport we are known for and o one would have ever expected it but its the unexpected medals that make the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie
    Yeah, they couldn't rerun it. That would wreck everyone else's training. It is a sad situation, though. Reminds me of Mary Decker Slaney in the...what was it? '88 Olympics? Tripped over Zola Budd. Something like that.

Ugh, Zola Budd.
    I despised her and her backdoor British citizenship.
    We don't want you Zola and your freaky ass running style.
    Poor old Wendy Sly got a medal in that race and no one even remembers it.

I think it was in '84.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    Good news for Australia and a Shock our Baseball Team won against Japan and now they are playing Cuba for the gold medal tonight. Not exactly a sport we are known for and o one would have ever expected it but its the unexpected medals that make the Olympics.
    Damn, there goes Canada's almost sure chance at a Bronze. We beat the Aussies 11-0 when we played them, if we met them in a Bronze game I thought for sure we had a medal. Hopefully Japan chokes or Canada brings their A game so we can get another medal.

FORT Newbie

Is Ian Thorpe a hottie or what?

I just can't get enough of him!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone
    I think they must be using that double-sided sticky tape that they use in beauty pageants... I know I got seriously tired of watching Misty May constantly picking her suit bottom out of her butt.
    That sounds painful. I'd probably rather pick the suit out of my butt.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Baseball?? needs to be dropped from the Olympics. USA almost qualified this year with our 12 and 13 yr old Little Leaguers! It's too bad b/c it could be a great tournament if the major leaguers were able to play! Can you imagine- USA, Cuba, Dominican Rep, Puerto Rico, Japan (their pro league runs in the summer as well)... anyway- it would be a heluva tournament- instead it has not garnered one second of air time here??

+ Reply to Thread