+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

I'll be glued to the T.V watching Greco-Roman wrestling.

Fort Member
    I love the Olympics
    I will watch anything in the Olympics.
    The opening ceremony is on at 3am here tonight as will most of the athletics and swimming will be at similar I will attempt to watch it all live but somehow think I'll have to settle for the replays

FORT Fogey
    I'm really excited for the Olympics... I'm obsessed. At the daycare I work at we're having two weeks of Olympic/International themed activities, including this afternoon when we will watch the Olympic Opening Ceremonies live... I'm so excited.... I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2
    I'm really excited for the Olympics... I'm obsessed. At the daycare I work at we're having two weeks of Olympic/International themed activities, including this afternoon when we will watch the Olympic Opening Ceremonies live... I'm so excited.... I can't wait!
    Thanks for reminding me to watch CBC, df2. It is so nice to watch things as they happen and not the little snipnets that NBC decides are worthy of our viewing between long, boring stories of athletes.

Let the games begin!!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Hey DJ I love your avatar! Who is it? I love women's gymnastic too, but I can't make out who it is!
    Thanks! It's Mohini Bhardwaj, the 25 year old who Pamela Anderson gave $20,000 to so she could pay for training and she made the team! My other favorite is Courtney Kupets, who has a great chance for the individual all-around gold!

Those two are my top favorites, but of course I'll be cheering for the whole team to win gold together.

Does anyone know how this non-live stuff will work? Obviously, in the US we won't be seeing these events live on NBC. Am I going to have to avoid Yahoo! or anything where they may post the winners before the events are televised? I don't remember how this has worked in the past.

Did Courtney McCool make the olympic gymnastics team or not? I don't remember.

Yes, she did. She finished 2nd behind Kupets at the trials so that pretty much locked her spot in there.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan
    Thanks! It's Mohini Bhardwaj, the 25 year old who Pamela Anderson gave $20,000 to so she could pay for training and she made the team! My other favorite is Courtney Kupets, who has a great chance for the individual all-around gold!

Those two are my top favorites, but of course I'll be cheering for the whole team to win gold together.

Does anyone know how this non-live stuff will work? Obviously, in the US we won't be seeing these events live on NBC. Am I going to have to avoid Yahoo! or anything where they may post the winners before the events are televised? I don't remember how this has worked in the past.
    Thanks! I wasn't sure if it was her. I like just about everyone on that team, but I'll be cheering for Mohini like you and for Carly Patterson

I loved the opening ceremony. The olympic flame was really well done. Kudos to Greece for that!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

+ Reply to Thread