+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2004 Summer Olympics From Athens, Greece

Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    Well I finally finished watching my tape of the women's gymnastics team final and I want to say congratulation to the ameriacan on their silver medal
    The Romanian deserved the gold though as they didn't make any mistake
    I agree. Romania's gold was well-deserved. I think Carly Petterson's nerves really got to her. I couldn't believe it when she smashed her legs on the lower parallel bar. She looked completely shell-shocked and a big angry when she was interviewed at the end of the competition. I think these Olympics will haunt her for a while.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    I'm just glad Thorpe got something out of that 100m men's freestyle. too

Pieter van den Hoogenband. This Dutch is too cool.
    Yeah...isn't he? And for Thorpe too.
    Gustav Holst was right!

Paul Hamm wins gold in men's gymnastics all-around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tirlittan
    I watched this morning a little bit of shot put competition. It took place on the old historical field, which made it very special I think.
    There was an article on the front page of our morning paper about the Stadium there in Olympia and today's competition. I got goose bumps reading it. The first race in 776 B.C. I'm sure the athletes are feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    Paul Hamm wins gold in men's gymnastics all-around.
    Good, more things to look forward to for tonight.
    Gustav Holst was right!

I saw a bit of Hamm's high bar routine.
    Very good.
    "That's Numberwang!"

wow canada sux, evry one is beating us
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdevine
    wow canada sux, evry one is beating us
    :nono
    We may not have won that many medals yet but I'm sure it's coming. The games have just started, let's have a little faith, shall we?

Quote Originally Posted by mstvfan
    Originally Posted by BravoFan

So far, I have only watched a few minutes of the Olympics, and I had the unfortunate timing to get in on the ladies volleyball match/bikini show. I was slightly grossed out with the skimpiness of their outfits, too. I figured they were likely to cut into the skin and cause irritation, especially if sand got into them. I also felt like they were playing out in their underwear rather than in a worldwide sporting event.

If it were me, I would not be able to concentrate on my game for worrying about an accidental "wardrobe malfunction" at any moment. I'm sure the guys like to watch, but I would even say the same for the swimming guys in their little speedos. While we ladies would enjoy the eye candy also, I think the athletes have crossed the fine line between dressing for comfort and performance and flashing their assets for all the world to see.
    As far as the male swimmers go, the majority of the guys are now wearing the Speedo body suits. Maybe not the whole body like Thorpe, but mostly variations on the covered up look. Much better than when my son swam in high school and wore a Speedo for the district meets that was supposed to be about 2 sizes smaller than the suit he had worn during the regular season. At the same time he was supposed to shave EVERYTHING that was possibly visible. Extremely scary hoping nothing gave way. The only bad thing is that because the suits are expensive, not all high schools use them. And if everyone can't wear them, then no one wears them.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Jay
    I like two sets of commercials. One by Nike ("You are faster than you think") and the other by the Dairy Bureau of Canada. Man, that little blue cow is one heck of an athlete.

+ Reply to Thread