+ Reply to Thread

Thread: X Games X (ABC, 8/7 and 8/8)

X Games X (ABC, 8/7 and 8/8)

ABC SPORTS PRESENTS X GAMES X
    SATURDAY, AUGUST 7 LIVE
    4:00-6:00 P.M. ET

AND SUNDAY, AUGUST 8
    4:00-6:00 P.M. ET

The streets of Los Angeles will be taken over by the best action athletes from across the world competing through numerous intense events, including Moto X, Skateboard and Bike Stunt. Live coverage of X Games X coverage on ABC begins SATURDAY, AUGUST 7 (4:00-6:00 p.m., ET), and continues SUNDAY, AUGUST 8 (4:00-6:00 p.m., ET). ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 will offer more than 20 hours of original X Games X coverage. This is the first year that X Games will be shown totally live.

HOST:
    Sal Masekela is once again the broadcast host for X Games X, and will be joined by a number of former X Games athletes and action sports personalities who will serve as expert commentators, including skateboarding legend Tony Hawk, who will serve as a guest analyst for the Skateboard Big Air event.

EVENT:
    Los Angeles welcomes action sports fans for the 10th annual X Games. This is the second time that Los Angeles will serve as the host city for the X Games. For 2004, the Games have adopted a 'finals only' format with only the best athletes in each sport being invited to compete in Aggressive In-line Skating, Bike Stunt, Motorcycle Stunt, Skateboarding, and Wakeboarding (Surfing and Moto X SuperMoto will feature more competitors).

ABC Sports' coverage of events includes Bike Stunt, Skateboarding ,and Moto X SuperMoto. Saturday's events include Skateboard Vert, Bike Stunt Park, Surfing, and Wakeboarding. Sunday's events will consist of Skateboard Big Air and Moto X SuperMoto.

ATHLETES & RIVALS TO WATCH:
    Moto X SuperMoto: Returning X Games freestyle champion Travis Pastrana will face legendary rider Mike Metzger in 3 events, including the first X Games Moto X SuperMoto Metzger missed last year's games with an injury, but is the only athlete slated to participate in four events (Freestyle, Best Trick, Step Up, and SuperMoto).

Skateboard Big Air: Legendary skateboarders Bob Burnquist and Andy Macdonald will clash in the X Games' first Big Air competition. The two have combined for 11 X Games gold medals and 23 medals overall. Macdonald finished second in the Vert last year and third in Vert Best Trick, while Burnquist took the gold in Vert doubles.

Bike Stunt Park: Defending champion Ryan Nyquist will battle legendary BMX pro and eleven-time X Games gold medalist, Dave Mirra. Last year, Nyquist became the only X Games athlete to win gold in two disciplines (Bike Stunt Dirt and Bike Stunt Park) in the same Games. Mirra only needs one more medal to become the most decorated X Games athlete in history.

Interesting, for some strange reason I had always thought that the X games went on for a couple of weeks like the regular Olympics.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

X Games time again! I don't normally watch sports, well ok, so I have guilty pleasures for WWE and World's Strongest Man competitions, but that's about it...then there's X Games! I'll be glued to my tv watching just about everything, and thankfully you can always count on ESPN to repeat them all into the wee morning hours so that if anything gets missed I can catch it then.

+ Reply to Thread