+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boston trades Garciaparra

That's kind of like the Twins with Doug Mientkiewicz. The Twins are my other team so I follow them closely, and obviously I live here in MN so I hear about it.

With this 4 way trade, the Twins got 1 pitching prospect and that's it. It's like, that's all you get for a Gold Glove first baseman?!

But the truth is, the Twins had to get rid of him because he was doing the same thing as Nomar and being a cancer for the team. All he did was whine about not playing as much since they brought up this awesome guy from the minors (Justin Morneau).

The Twins couldn't get better players for him because they couldn't get rid of him!! The Red Sox were the only team willing to take him so the Twins said great, and shipped him out for some measly pitcher.

If they had tried to trade Doug at the beginning of the season or before everyone saw what a baby he was, they could have gotten a better return.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    I'm loving it. Now if we could only get the Cards to lose a couple so there wouldn't be that 10 1/2 game gap between first and second place.
    yeah! love the Cards!
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

Love the cubs too, hope they get the wildcard.
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

As of yesterday they were a game ahead of San Diego for the wild card. I don't think they have lost a game since Nomar came over. That must have been the boost they needed.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think they'll be fine for the wildcard.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123