+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs, Week 1 (Wildcard Week)

That was a fantastic game. I only got to see the last 5 minutes, but apparently that was the part of the game to watch!

Yes John, 18 more holes this morning, in 55 degrees and sun!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Now the 'Niners are going down to defeat. Things are really breaking Tampa's way...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

Wow, did you catch the last 2 minutes of the SF/Giants game? 49'ers win, but that was the most screwed up 2 minutes I've ever seen in football.

I tuned in for the Simpsons to see the last 6 seconds of Giants and 49er's... still on now as a matter of fact... cool last couple of minutes. Have to love it when it comes down to the wire, even if you're not a football fan!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Fanatic
    Those 2 games today were great!
    Incredible comebacks! ~1400 yds total passing in both games!!

The 49'ers squeaked one out. I sure wouldn't want to be the Giants Special Teams coach, the center, or the kicker.. could be gonzo by the end of the week!
    SF will be in tough with Tampa Bay though, will have to get their defence playing better.
    Game of the week will be Atlanta at Philadelphia.

Now I have to complete the Sunday sports fix and watch the end of the Canada - Russia world junior final!

Cheers

Quite a finish John. Both Pittsburgh and SF made phenominal comebacks.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I can't believe I missed the SF/Giants ending!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

JR.
    The Browns gave that game away by continuously trying to run the ball even though it wasn't working.

Exciting games though, as I don't really have a favorite in these playoffs.

Both games on Saturday were surprising because they were complete blowouts, and both games on Sunday were surprising because one team really had a huge advantage at halftime, and the other team came back in the final minutes/seconds and won it.

Amazing.

Final scores for yesterday's games:

Pittsburgh 36, Cleveland 33
    San Fran 39, NY Giants 38

I hope the Bucs tear the niners a new one!!! I don't like SF for some reason this year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast