+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Forsberg Has Six Points in Game

Peter Forsberg Has Six Points in Game

Peter Forsberg Has Six Points in Game
    2 hours, 10 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Peter Forsberg downplayed the significance of breaking one of Wayne Gretzky's records.

All he could think about after a six-point performance Wednesday against the Nashville Predators was how well the Colorado Avalanche played in a 7-3 victory.

"I've been getting a lot of points lately," Forsberg said. "I think the whole team has been playing better. We feel like if we work hard that we have a good chance of winning a game."

Forsberg had a goal and five assists for the most points scored against Nashville in its five NHL seasons. Gretzky, playing for the New York Rangers, had five points — all on assists — against Nashville on Feb. 15, 1999.

Milan Hejduk added two goals and three assists, to match Gretzky's total.

Well.. is that really an impressive stat? It's just the most points against Nashville.

I think.. but I'm not positive... that more points have been scored in a regular season NHL game.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Oh, yeah, there have been. The record is like... I don't know. It's on TSN somewhere. But it was a long time ago.

But go Forsberg go! Sakic needs to stay out longer, cause Forsberg said "Someone needs to pick it up" in Sakic's absence and uh... he did that! Big time.

I think that's the most points scored by a single player in a game (including assists), if I'm not mistaken. You know me, Mr. Hockey Guy.

It definietly is in the Nashville arena. Forsberg got one more point than Gretzky. But ever, in a game? I'm not sure. I'll see if I can find it.

Found it.

Most Points in one game.
    Darryl Sittler: 10 (6G, 4A) - Toronto Maple Leafs - Feb 7, 1976

I THOUGHT it was Sittler because he had 6 goals and that's a pretty famous stat in the GMLA.

I didn't know if he had any assists so I didn't want to look stupid.

Besides, in the article, it says Gretzky's record against Nashville, so that sent some red flags.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Well, 6 points seems awfully low for a league record.

But go Forsberg!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Yes Daryll Sittler has the record and he jokes that its the only one that Gretsky never got. From the HHOF record book
    "He had two assists in the first period, three goals and two assists in the second and another hat trick in the third. The total of ten points set a league record for points in one game."
    Still a six point game is pretty good! I think it was the most ever against the Preds. I'm sure it was a record they were not happy about seeing broken.

LMAO, something tells me they'd rather not have seen it broken eny.

Princess
    Well, of course I have to post here too, as Foppa was all over the Swedish newspapers today (plus the statistics and pic below).

These are the best Swedes in the NHL so far:
    1) Patrik Sundström, NY Jersey 8 (3+5) 1988.
    2) Mats Sundin, Quebec 7 (5+2) 1992.
    3) Patrik Sundström, Vancouver 7 (1+6) 1984.
    4) Willy Lindström, Winnepeg, 6 (5+1) 1982.
    5) Peter Forsberg, Colorado 6 (3+3) 1999.
    6) Peter Forsberg, Colorado 6 (1+5) 2003.

Other records from NHL:
    Goals: 7 Joe Malone, Quebec, 1920.
    Assist: 7 Billy Taylor, Detroit, 1947 and Wayne Gretzky, Edmonton at three occasions 1980 1985 and 1986.

Pic of Patrik Sundström:
    Attached Images Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast