+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2004-05 NFL season

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    I've been a 49ers fan all my life... and it's been a TOUGH past few years... just when you think the team is finished rebuilding and has a strong core of guys, Owens, Garcia, etc... they have a horrible season and time to start rebuilding all over again

Hey, Maveno.
    I am a lifelong Michigander and I'm with you on wanting to see the Lions do good for once. But I am sick of getting my hopes up and then be disappointed. So this year, I figured if I have low expectations for them, I could possibly be pleasantly surprised.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    Hey, Maveno.
    I am a lifelong Michigander and I'm with you on wanting to see the Lions do good for once. But I am sick of getting my hopes up and then be disappointed. So this year, I figured if I have low expectations for them, I could possibly be pleasantly surprised.
    I've gone through those tricky emotions myself (in hopes that it helps them do good), erin_dye. It's pretty sad how they totally suck year after year.. I honestly get really perplexed about it, cause I can't for the life of me..figure how a team can consistently suck so bad.

Here's my list:

1) Green Bay Packers all the way!!

2) Pittsburgh Steelers! Just love that team.

3) Detroit Lions ::cough:: ::cough::
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I've got my finger's crossed for the Falcons! Vick is going to dominate now that he's healthy!

I really hope the Bills do well this year...they have a chance to make some noise in the AFC if Drew Bledsoe could actually play well. Last season, he was horrible..almost painful to watch. Perhaps the new coaching staff will help. There seems to be lots of excitment aound here for them this year..should be an interesting season.

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    Hey, Maveno.
    I think we will be pleasantly surprised this year - Mooch should finally be settled in. As long we don't get bombarded with injuries again this year and start winning on the road, we may actually be a contender. I'm not talking Superbowl mind you but defintely a winning season!

Go Lions!

My Seahawks are looking fairly good this year coming into camp. I've heard a few "experts" on espn pick them as going to the Superbowl. (All of them had them as losing the superbowl though). It should be a fun year.

I also think that the lions might surprise some people this year. I like Harington, and with another year under his belt, and more protection, i think he will do well.

21 more days until the first Preseason game!
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be. Douglas Adams
    Life... is like a grapefruit. It's orange and squishy, and has a few pips in it, and some folks have half a one for breakfast. Douglas Adams

I think Harrington could be exactly what the Lions need to win, if they don't rely on him to win the games by himself. That is what they did with Barry Sanders and then when he left they couldn't win anything.

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MHayes62
    My Seahawks are looking fairly good this year coming into camp. I've heard a few "experts" on espn pick them as going to the Superbowl. (All of them had them as losing the superbowl though). It should be a fun year.

I also think that the lions might surprise some people this year. I like Harington, and with another year under his belt, and more protection, i think he will do well.

21 more days until the first Preseason game!
    Yeah, Seahawks will kick butt this year! Im saying a 11-5 season and at least a final 4 finish. We will win out divison, with the only challenge in the Rams who I believe will have a 9-7 season. The 49ers will do worse then the cards due to there young QB. I say a 4-12 season for the 49ers and a 7-9 season for the cards!
    You stole my smart quote!

FORT Fan
    BRONCOS--- But without Clinton Portis it could be a loooong season

+ Reply to Thread