+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2004-05 NFL season

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I KNEW my Steelers would finally put a stop to that huge streak the Pats were having.

I wasn't able to see the game though, which really bugged me... but I'm happy that they won.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by astrogirl_2100
    Did anyone watch the Steelers game yesterday where they beat the Patriots? What a game! Fortunately for me, they aired it here. I love the new quaterback (go Big Ben). They always had great recievers, now they actually have someone who can deliver the ball to them.

Go Steelers, go!
    The Steelers/Patriots game was AWESOME!

Compared to the Lions who blew another game they should have won
    Last edited by football_chick; 11-01-2004 at 05:31 PM.

I took great delight in watching the Steeler's trounce the Pat's. It's even better that I live in Massachusetts and I wore my Steeler's jacket downtown yesterday. Oh the stares I got. Then last night for Trick or Treat I answered my door in my Steeler's jersey and all the father's were asking me for the score.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I took great delight in watching the Steeler's trounce the Pat's. It's even better that I live in Massachusetts and I wore my Steeler's jacket downtown yesterday. Oh the stares I got. Then last night for Trick or Treat I answered my door in my Steeler's jersey and all the father's were asking me for the score.
    I wore my Plaxico Burres Jersey a couple of days in week before the game, which I am now forced to do each week, as I am sure it contributed to the win. I love that you wore the jacket in public in Patriot territory! They got the World Series, they can have the Steelers have this one.

The Seahawks managed to win their second in a row. They still don't look like a Super Bowl team though.

The niners, for lack of a better term, suck. It's a miracle they even have one win. Hey guys, when you have the opposition at their own ten yard line and it's third down, it's not a good idea to let them convert and proceed to score a touchdown, especially when you get them to third down two more times on the same drive. And why did the already-weak defense completely disappear in the fourth quarter? Did they want to beat the traffic?

Sincerely,

an annoyed fan who left the game after the fourth-quarter interception sealed your fate

The Browns lose another heartbreaker, and all thier playoff aspirations go down the tubes. Poor Jeff Garcia, he is playing is heart out.

NFL Warns Browns DT for Roethlisberger Comment
    Warren Said Cleveland Defense Would Try to Hit Rookie QB in Head
    CLEVELAND (Nov. 12) -- The NFL warned Browns defensive tackle Gerard Warren for comments he made about trying to hit Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the head in Sunday's game.

"We notified the team, including Gerard Warren, that if a player commits a flagrant foul after making such a statement, it may be a decisive factor supporting the suspension of the player, depending on the entire set of circumstances," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

Warren told reporters Thursday that the Browns needed to rattle Roethlisberger.

"One rule they used to tell me: Kill the head and the body's dead," Warren said.

He said if the Browns can shake the confidence in Pittsburgh's rookie, they might be able to stun the Steelers.

"I didn't say knock him out of the game, I said just go across his head a time or two," said Warren, who was fined $35,000 in his rookie season for a cheap shot on former Jacksonville quarterback Mark Brunell.

Asked if Warren's history factored into the warning, Aiello said: "It's standard procedure if comments of that nature are made."

On Friday, Warren said he was not speaking for the Cleveland organization.

"People might have taken it in the wrong sense," he said. "That's just me and explaining the way I approach football. I play it on a violent level and it's a violent game."

Warren, who has battled injuries, has just six tackles and two sacks in four games this season.

http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/special1/...12192409990003
    ______________________________ ______________________________ _____
    What a stupid thing to say.

Well, the Steelers won again yesterday. I am very excited

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    I am too. My Steelers sweatshirt is getting a great workout this year.

I'm also glad the Packers won, albeit a squeaky win...it's a win nonetheless.

The Lions played a great game.. bummer that they lost.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread