+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2004 Tour de France

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    What an incredible TT today. Lance really put the hammer down!! I felt sorry for Basso and Voeckler - I was rooting for those guys too. Wish Voeckler kept the white jersey. At least Basso should still be on the podium.

And Floyd Landis really did rock!
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Bright days ahead for Americans in future TDF! 5 yanks in the top 13 today, and that doesnt include Tyler Hamilton! A very fine showing in the idv. time trial!

I cant imagine the US Postal coach- Johan Bruyneel, could have scripted a more perfect flow chart for this race! Everything they wanted to have happen came to fruition! The strategy for Lance to give up the Yellow jersey early on to force other teams to carry the workload at the front of the peloton for a few days... they wanted no namers to break away- and sure enough no namers broke away... kick ass in the mountains, and time trials- DONE... everything they wished for came true!

lets hope for a nice calm ride down the Champs-Elysees today!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    So amazing. I'm actually really sad to see it end, though happy for Lance. Something we'll most likely never see again in our lifetime.

Lance!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Big congrats to Lance for winning his 6th straight Tour de France title. Now everyone will be wondering if he'll be back next year to defend his title for the 7th time
    Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    It was great. I'm glad Lance secured a 6th tour de france. He's like the Ken Jennings of cycling!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    I'm so happy that Lance won it. His mental toughness is a real inspiration. He's inspiring me to get a bike.

I also liked USPS' new uniforms with the yellow trim Nike does a really good job with their uniforms.

I would love to see Lance go for 7, but I understand the struggle to balance everything with the family and all.

I'm glad Ivan Basso was up there on the podium... he and his baby are so cute.

As for Tyler Hamilton - omg... did you see the bruises along his spine? I hope he's okay in the long run.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567