+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Tour de France

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    OMG, OMG, OMG!

What an amazing finish! What an amazing race!

I am SO happy that I managed to get through the day without hearing the results, as I was so surprised. LOVE IT!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Okay, and now my ranting post.

My major rant.
    I am SO sick of the stupid spectators getting in the way. I wish someone would knock the hell out of a couple of them so they get out of the dang road. Or arrest people and punish them harshly as Zauis says. The idiots are from all walks of life, but I'm so over them. I scream at the television every night watching these morons. Thousands of fans are able to stand at the side and cheer their faves on while staying out of the way. Why is it necessary for YOU (drunken fool) to run in front of them. :rolleyes

And now a minor pet peeve.
    I am always bothered by the "commercial free 30 minute Power Bar" thing. By definition, that is not commercial free. It is, in fact, a break free 30-minutes, but there's nothing non-commercial about it. It's actually much more of a commercial than the ones we break for for 30 seconds. Anyway, minor pet peeve, but I comment on it every night and it's driving my husband crazy that I always do.
    Last edited by BravoFan; 07-22-2004 at 09:09 PM.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Tremendous finish spring by Armstrong
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Oh ya - that finish was one of the best I've ever seen. I still don't know how Lance manage to make up that much ground on the last straightaway. Well maybe I do - hard work, training, dedication, loving to win etc...
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

What I thought was so ironic was the commentators kept saying how Kloden won the stage for QUITE some time before it was over. So I, of course, thought there was no way that he wasn't going to win. I figured it was over and I don't think I've ever yelled so loudly at a sporting event as I did last night (even football )

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    What I thought was so ironic was the commentators kept saying how Kloden won the stage for QUITE some time before it was over.
    Same here. I knew Lance won it before I watched it since I listen to race radio at work (shhhh...don't tell my boss), but watching it made it more unbelievable that he pulled it off. I kept thinking when Kloden broke away at 1km, there's no way Lance is gonna catch him, even though I knew the outcome.

Too bad Landis couldn't have gotten the win.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Some juicey gossip during today's stage. Here's the link and it seems to be a little more in depth than mainstream sportspages.

p.s. Velonews is the best for cycling

Mercado wins, but Armstrong move takes center stage

http://www.velonews.com/tour2004/det...es/6647.0.html
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    thanks for that article- i was listening to the race on my computer at work- and couldnt figure out why Lance would be in a breakaway... with no US Postal assistance?

Yesterday's stage was a classic- one of the best rides ever! is there anything Lance cant do? Lance really does control all aspects of the race! He detrmines who is going to win- (The Godfather)- you win only if he LETS you win... and obviously yesterday he didnt want a german winning that stage!

Landis is a superstar in the making! there are a few Americans just chomping at the bit for LA to retire!

I've been a bad, bad girl Siryn's Avatar
    Now that was a good article. I kinda feel sorry for Simeoni - what the heck has this guy done to really deserve that? He must be quite a character.
    I me some Marty Casey. Go Marty!

Landis is a superstar! I love him.

I don't really have any sympathy for Simeoni. I think people should be held accountable for making accusations publicly (that needs to happen much more today -- I'm speaking outside of sports for a moment). If you talk the smack, you'd better be able to back it up. It he was able to back it up, he could have taken on Lance himself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast