+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tennis - Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    Yeah. Y'all know what's gonna happen in here if he beats "the Fed".
    Just a warning for the guys.
    Another reason for me to continue supporting Andy!

Here's some more pics:
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/894077-post3294.html

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/894081-post3295.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    about Dementieva and Kournikova. I suspect that the umpire will never chair anything more important than a club championship match in the future. ESPN kept showing him with this ridiculous smirk on his face at the end of the match after he'd erroneously awarded the point. I'm willing to give Sprem a break. She's young and I think just doesn't get it on some level. I was really surprised at how well Venus handled the whole situation. Props to her. She deserved to be pissed as hell although as she admitted she did blow three set points even with Sprem getting the extra point.
    I saw some pictures of him at the end of the match with that smirk, he should be fired! I agree with you about Venus, I definitely would've been pissed off. Even Andy Roddick, Jennifer Capriati and Serena said they would've been angry and they wouldn't be able to just take a free point like that. But you're right about Sprem, she's young and new. I guess I just hate her because she beat one of my favorite players!

Meanwhile Serena Williams won her match against Magui Serna, 6-4, 6-0. I hope she wins the title so it can shut everyone up who say her and Venus are on their way down (like Martina Navratilova :rolleyes ).

Amen about Martina. It was cool she won a first round match at 47 on some level (that's coming from my 40 year old self). However, she says the most amazingly stupid stuff. She really needs to have a ten second delay on her self so that she can censor some of the ridiculous things that comes out of her mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner
    Amen about Martina. It was cool she won a first round match at 47 on some level (that's coming from my 40 year old self). However, she says the most amazingly stupid stuff. She really needs to have a ten second delay on her self so that she can censor some of the ridiculous things that comes out of her mouth.
    Finally, someone that agree with me about her! She just has to have an opinion on everything and it's usually about another player. :rolleyes One thing that is interesting is that she's on the US Olympic team and her team mates include the Williams sisters, I wonder if she's going to continue making negative remarks about them.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    She would always say something ridiculous fan. Don't you worry about that.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    It's amazing how they survived on court.
    I agree, apparently Anna Kournikova currently holds the record for the most amount of double faults served in a match. She served almost 30 double faults during the Australian Open once and she still went on to win the match. I'll never know how she won that match, either the rest of her game was great that day or her opponent was rubbish.

Other winners of the day included Mark Philippoussis AUS (11) and Amelie Mauresmo FRA (4).

I was a little annoyed today. The channels showing coverage of Wimbledon just showed matches that had already happened like the Roddick/Dent match.

Did anyone see the post interview with Roddick. Man, that guy really looks like a monkey.

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    How dare you Wannabe!!

Just for that:

I won't tell you what I think of Nicole Richie...I'm too nice a girl.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiwannabe
    Did anyone see the post interview with Roddick. Man, that guy really looks like a monkey.
    :nono Nobody messes with Amanda's boy.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

A Federer-Hewitt Quarter encounter.

Hewitt fought hard against Carlos Moya ( the Spanaird) 6-4, 6-2, 4-6, 7-6.

Federer won his matcg against Karlovic 6-3, 7-6, 7-6.

+ Reply to Thread