+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tennis - Wimbledon

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Philippoussis balzed through Verkerk.
    And Ferrero lost in straight sets.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Rain delays again!

Has anyone seen that commercial where Taylor Dentch is playing tennis with a little boy, and little boy keeps beating him. Then in a car, Steffi Graf and Andre Agassi, show up and call their son who was the kid playing tennis with Taylor.

Funny, funny commercial.

I haven't seen that commercial but I saw one with Andre Agassi tidying his son's toys with a tennis ball rack which was funny. I also saw one with Venus Williams at a fairground which was hilarious, both were for American Express.

On other news, as usual Martina Navratilova is making her stupid comments again. I can't stand her, she is so arrogant and is always making negative comments about other players. This time she claims the the William's sisters aren't going to come back to their winning ways! :rolleyes

Looks like there's no play today due to rain. They are going to play on Sunday. It's first come, first served so people will start queuing soon. Always really good as it's real fans who fill the seats, not corporate groups.

I never get to see any tennis commercials here. Know where I can see it online?
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

BBC sport may do some highlights though I'm not sure

Aww, the rain!

I can't believe the rain wiped out the entire day's schedule! :rolleyes Obviously there's nothing that can be done but if I was one of the players, I'd be so pissed off! They have to go there everyday and hang around waiting to see if they can play.

The only good thing about the rain was that I got to see ESPN replay the Venus/Sprem match. The chair's mistake was unbelievable. The funniest thing was that after the rebroadcast, ESPN talked about previous screw ups by the guy. My favorite was the time in a clay court match where the grounds crew had chalked the court improperly so that the service line was 18 feet from the net instead of 21 and from the service line to the baseline was 21 feet instead of 18. The players apparently kept trying to indicate that something was wrong and double faulted a total of 59 times. He kept telling them to keep playing. Good thing he's done at Wimbledon.

+ Reply to Thread