+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tennis - Wimbledon

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    When do the Roddick/Federer matches begin?

Go Andy Go Andy
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

The Williams' sisters are both credit's to their sport. They handle themselves with a lot of dignity and honor.

I was shocked at that ladies final. It is usually Serena who dictates tempo in a match and overpowers her opponent. Have to give Sarapova a lot of credit for that win.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

ITA about how Serena handled herself. I also thought it was great the way Richard Williams congratulated Maria's father. Maria is definitely 17. She said a few things that made me in the postmatch festivities. However, I was happy for her. She simply overpowered Serena in the match. It can only help women's tennis to have another contender with the Belgians both hurt.

Okay, this is my West Coast rant. WTF. During the quarterfinals, when ESPN concluded its coverage at 7 am PDT, NBC would show the rest of the match on the East Coast and then ESPN would pick up the coverage again at 1 pm EDT/10 am PDT. On the West Coast, on the other hand, NBC wouldn't show the remainder of the match that was going on at 7 am PDT until 10 am PDT so that the NBC coverage was on at the same time as the resumed ESPN coverage. But today "Breakfast at Wimbledon" started and was shown at 6 am PDT. I started watching when I got back from walking my dog at 6:50 am. By that time, it was 3-2 in the second set. Is there some reason they delay during the week but think people on the West Coast ought to be up at 6 am on the weekend? :rolleyes

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I was really pleased to see the underdog win in the women's finals. I like Venus, but am not particularly a Serena fan. But I do like to cheer for the underdog.

The Ancic-Roddick match ROCKED! I was cheering for Ancic (again the underdog ), but wasn't unhappy that Roddick won. I'm cheering for him in the finals now.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I was really pleased to see the underdog win in the women's finals. I like Venus, but am not particularly a Serena fan.
    That's how I feel. I do like Venus a lot, but Serena doesn't do anything for me.

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, I have always liked Venus a lot more than Serena but i'd prefer Serena over many other players also. I think the commentators have been rough on the Williamses. Yes, Venus has had some lackluster results in the majors this year and she probably needs to step it up a bit more but they both were out for a great deal of time. I believe they the whole family (Venus and her situation, Serena in losing, and Richard showing some respect to Maria's father) has handled themselves very well. I believe the Williamses are in a tough spot because on the one hand, when they dominate, people dont like it, and when they lose or are away, people are calling for a quick return to form. There is also way too mcuh focus on their outside activities. So what they dont want to be tennis robots like other champions in the past...That all being said, I hope both sisters, plus the two belgians return to top form for the US Open.

Oh...I hope Federer wins easily. I just love the guy and really dont care for Roddick.

The rain has suspended the match, there's a surprise :rolleyes. Andy was leading 3-2 with a break.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I have no favourites and will support for the underdog. But both of the men are superb.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

The score right now is 4-6, 7-5, 7-6, 2-1 with Federer leading overall.

Not looking good for Andy right now.

Edited a second later: He lost.

+ Reply to Thread