+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Tennis - Wimbledon

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaFabulous
    Nobody is keeping the Roddick fans updated? Shame on you. :nono

Andy beat Sjeng Schalken today 7-6, 7-6, and 6-3.

Don't make me start posting pics again.
    I won't mention Roddick again unless you do!

Im just not that into you AmandaFabulous's Avatar
    Notice how the thread suddenly died when I threatened more Roddick pics.
    Look, I love me most...If I could run across the beach into my own arms, I would.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

I hope Andy beats Federer in the final, if both of them make it.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I watch in total disbelief as Lindsay Davenport crumbled to Maria Sharapova. I don't like Maria one single bit. Lindsay lost 6-2, 6-7, 1-6.

I'm thinking that I'm a jinx, since most of the players I supported lost. So now I'll support Federer just because I want him to lose in the final if he makes it.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    I watch in total disbelief as Lindsay Davenport crumbled to Maria Sharapova. I don't like Maria one single bit. Lindsay lost 6-2, 6-7, 1-6.

I'm thinking that I'm a jinx, since most of the players I supported lost. So now I'll support Federer just because I want him to lose in the final if he makes it.
    Can you also support Amelie Mauresmo? I hate her and she's currently beating my favorite player, Serena Williams.

Did anyone see the Amelie Mauresmo match againest Serena Williams? Now that was one of the best matches I have ever seen. The drama on the court was amazing. Amelie was up in the second set 3-1, love-30 on Serena'a serve and then lost that set and the next 5-7, 4-6. Serena was getting very angry. She threw her racquet and kept yelling. I was really hoping Amelie was going to pull it out, I am very pissed that she didn't.

So I guess it's a Serena/Maria final. I can't stand Maria so I guess I will have to go with Serena.

I couldn't watch that much, I was too nervous for Serena! I checked towards the end of the match and was happy that Serena won, I really hope she up's her game and beats Maria.

Can't believe it, the one day I miss the tennis and by all reports two excellent semi finals. I've always found men's tennis more interesting to watch and 5 sets somehow seems fairer and leads to more interesting games. I just hope that the women's final isn't an anticlimax as so often happens.

So this is the finals I really didn't want and look what I got! In other news Martina won her females doubles match and Ai Sugiyama and her partner beat the number 2 female doubles team.

Right now in the third set the score is 10 games a piece after the first two sets going into a tiebreaker between the Black siblings and Leyaner Paes and Martina.

Lindsay Davenport won her mixed doubles match with Bob Bryan to reach the semi-finals, they beat the number one seeds. I hope she at least wins the mixed doubles because she's said that she's likely to retire at the end of the year and that would be a nice way to finish!

+ Reply to Thread