Closed Thread
Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

FORT Fan
    Thank god for International Football... its helped with my hockey withdrawl.
    I'm so disappointed how things turned out with NHL hockey... don't know if I'll be watching when it returns. IF it returns.

The only people who have suffered are the fans. Shame on them!

Clipse ~~ I heard that on the radio a couple weeks ago!!! Hilarious....

I just recieved a NHL Parady song from my brother in law....I can send it to anyone who wants it...pretty funny...to the tune of Seasons in the Sun song (I think that's the name of it).....I don't think I can post it????

I'm hopin there is hockey in October and like Eva...I'm missin all you guys and gals also!! Our local OHL team sucked this year, so hockey is truely done here now...

OT ~~ Don Cherry and Ron McLean do some voices on Zeroman...I haven't figured out who yet, and frankly can't really watch the show, just do to try and figure out who they are (and it's on before Family Guy)....although Don does sound a bit like Grandpa Simpson....
    ---------------------
    opps....

Just found that there's a charity hockey game on TSN today and it's about to start (7 to 9:30 EST). They're playing in Hamilton, Ontario.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=120141

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Good that Bert gets to do some good. I watched Miracle this afternoon. It gets me evry single time. *sniff*

eny
    FORT Fogey
    How stupid is this ????

Idea # 1 to make the game more entertaining and fan friendly. Get the $%^&*(^%$ game on the ice you brainless idiots.

NHL GMs invite players to meeting
    TSN.ca Staff
    4/5/2005

When the NHL general managers get together on Thursday in Detroit to discuss how best to improve the way the game is played, they won't have to look far for player reaction.

That's because the NHL has invited a small group of high-profile players to attend Thursday's session.

The group includes netminder Martin Brodeur, defencemen Rob Blake and Scott Niedermayer as well as forwards Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan and Trevor Linden. Others may be added.

Shanahan, who conducted his own how-to-improve-the-game summit earlier this season, was asked by the league to put together the group of players to participate in Thursday's session, which is devoted entirely to ideas and concepts to make the game more entertaining and fan friendly.

On Friday, the GMs will meet on their own but only to discuss collective bargaining related issues. GMs have a myriad of questions and concerns about practical considerations on everything from the entry draft to free agents to minor league operations.
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=120523&hubName=nhl

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    How stupid is this ????

Idea # 1 to make the game more entertaining and fan friendly. Get the $%^&*(^%$ game on the ice you brainless idiots.

The GM's and the players need to focus solely on ensuring that there is an entire season next year or there won't be a fan base at all. They also need to realize that because of this lockout, it will be next to impossible to create new hockey fans regardless of what changes are made to make the game "more exciting."

I just watched the World U18 Gold Medal game.
    Congrats to the US for winning, they were the better team. But what an awful hit by Mercier to Colton Yellowhorn, who was taken off the ice on a stretcher. That was totally unnecessary. I just hope that Yellowhorn is going to be ok.
    http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/ne...anadian_hockey

Despite the hockey strike, Southern Ontario has been blessed with great hockey this season and a lot of kids that just love to play hockey.

London Knights Win OHL Championship

The London Knights claimed the Ontario Hockey League championship for the first time in their 40-year history on Saturday.

The Knights rolled to a 6-2 win over over the Ottawa 67's in Game 5 before 9,090 raucous fans at London's John Labatt Centre.

The Knights won the series 4-1. London's Corey Perry was named the playoff MVP after finishing the post-season with 11 goals and 27 assists in 18 games.

Rob Schremp had a goal and three assists and Bryan Rodney chipped in with a pair of goals and an assist to propel the Knights to victory. Josh Beaulieu, David Bolland and Danny Fritsche added individual markers for London. Gerald Coleman made 28 saves to record the win.

Bryan Bickell and Mark Mancari scored for the 67's, while Danny Battochio made 38 saves in a losing effort for Ottawa.

Next up for the Knights is the Memorial Cup the Canadian junior championship scheduled for May 21-29 in London.

The Knights will face the 67's (who qualify as the OHL representatives because London is hosting the tournament), the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League champion Rimouski Oceanic and the Western Hockey League champion Kelowna Rockets.

Kelowna is the defending Memorial Cup champions. The Knights and the Oceanic open the tournament on May 21.

Ottawa was first on the scoreboard when Bickell beat Coleman from the top of the faceoff circle at 1:41 of the opening period. Beaulieu and Rodney scored before the end of the period to give London a 2-1 lead going into the first intermission.

The Knights took a three goal lead in the middle period when Rodney scored his second goal of the game at 10:27 and Bolland scored less than two minutes later.

Mancari scored early in the final frame to make it 4-2, but London restored its three-goal advantage when Fritsche scored on a backhander at 8:26. Schremp iced the game with his goal at 13:17.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Congrats to the London Knights!

Has anyone been watching the World Championship? Canada and the Czechs playing for Gold today.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/ne...anadian_hockey
    Well, no three-peat for Canada, but congrats still goes out to them for their silver medal. Congrats to the Czechs for their Gold and Russia Bronze.
    It was a good tournament and I was happy to be able to have some hockey to watch.

Hopefully we get the NHL going soon.

Closed Thread