Closed Thread
Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

wwhippet, I got that e-mail too and couldn't even be bothered to open it, just went stright to my trash can where all these people belong. Now...pay me 1/2 these players salaries and I'll learn to skate well pretty fast.

I was actually surprised to see mail from the NHL in my inbox...

TSN (yes that is my second home right now....lol....) has a breakdown on how each team will fair now that the season is cancelled....They listed a few that they feel will fold because of it.

Eva....maybe you can be a replacement player??
    ---------------------
    opps....

wwhippet-

Could you PM me a link to that "breakdown" you mentioned?

Thanks!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I thought it was incredibly stupid of the player's negotiation team to hold out against a salary cap all this time and then give in on that point at the last minute.
    That makes no sense to me either, its idiotic. I could be going to a game tonight if it wasn't for these morons. If my mind they were $3 million apart. Both sides just had to compromise a little more, get in the middle, get the cap. Its done. Now there will be no talking untill September and we will waste another half a season, another hundreds of thousands of fans and some amazing players will retire. Bettman and Goodenow are children and ruined the NHL. And like Ducky said, too bad this is a PG-13 board.

I pm'd you mrdobolina....

Kerry Fraiser is selling real estate....They just had one of the Refs on...he was saying that they had a meeting at the end of last season and all agreed they would not go to Europe and take another persons job. I never really thought of the players going to Europe as taking peoples jobs over there. I missed what he said he was doing to "pay his bills"...he listed a couple refs went back to teaching and one was selling cars and of course Fraiser (he's a home town boy). Top salary for a ref is 255....I hope Fraiser is selling some nice houses.....

Why are they talking about no draft in June....wouldn't they still have the draft if they get a deal done?? It is/was suppose to be in Ottawa....
    ---------------------
    opps....

I should post the link in case anyone else wants it.....
    http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=5246
    ---------------------
    opps....

Van Massenhoven is selling cars out in my hometown. It's kind of good for him becuase people want to buy a car from him and he manages to make some money for himself.

I'm mad, but I can't say that I'm upset that there is no season. I think we all knew it long ago, this just makes it official.

I'd like to see Bettman gone. His conference made me sick. He's failed to sell it to the American market and screwed Canadian fans over in the meantime.

True hockey fans, like true baseball fans, will come back. That's not the point. They'vve made it so difficult for the casual fan to care. Maybe there will be a mass exodus on both sides and a rebirth of sorts. Fresh faces and ideas might help in the long run.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

So I have a question about this whole thing....for those players currently under contract, do they get ANY salary this year? Or is that the thing with the lockout--the owners said "we're locking you out, because we don't want to pay you"??

I'm just slightly clueless!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdobolina
    So I have a question about this whole thing....for those players currently under contract, do they get ANY salary this year? Or is that the thing with the lockout--the owners said "we're locking you out, because we don't want to pay you"??

I'm just slightly clueless!
    They've been getting paid (if it was a strike, different story). I heard last night though that they only have three more paychecks coming. The NHL apparently doesn't pay year round.

They are getting a strike payment from the NHLPA.

Of (up to) $10,000 a month.

Yeah. Boo hoo, poor babies. Guess you CAN'T buy that new Lincoln Aviator until you pay off the Porsche.

Closed Thread