Closed Thread
Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 545464748495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

You said it, Eny. That has been my thinking this whole time.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayner
    Eny's comment about a player vote is spot on. It seems to me that the majority of the players are just at the mercy of the NHLPA leadership and don't have much - if any - say in what happens.
    That might be because about 50% of them are off stealing someone's job playing in other countries. Some "union" :rolleyes They all suck.

I thought it was incredibly stupid of the player's negotiation team to hold out against a salary cap all this time and then give in on that point at the last minute. If they really were not opposed to the cap, and far more interested in the much more important question of how much money the cap limit is, then they could have had this wrapped up long ago.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

How true is that Bill.....I don't get why they held out until the last minute then said "wait we'll accept the cap?!?!?"...I realize that there are other issues, but man! :phhht
    I agree with everyone they all suck...it's definately the fans losing out...and the small business owners...we had a store close in our town and there was a big write up in the paper, that it had ALOT to do with the hockey lock out...(it was a "guy" store)...not to mention all the bars, restaurants etc....sad!!

I received an email from the NHL today announcing the cancellation....it had a letter to the fans from Bettman....here's the link if anyone wants it....
    http://nhl.ed10.net/h/9QFX/BSNL/PJ/QXMNL
    I hope that works....not that anyone likely cares what Bettman had to say, but you know....

I certainly have learned to live without hockey...I miss it and all, but I don't know if I will go back with the "diehard" attitude I had before....geez...we named our son after two hockey players...maybe I'll have to change his name....
    ---------------------
    opps....

Just wanted to add I went to TSN's site and there is a poll there asking who you blame...3605 votes and 76% blame NHLPA....
    ---------------------
    opps....

FORT Fan
    While I understand the players are doing their jobs... I mean playing is their job. But, they are doing something they love doing. Which is even better. Getting paid the amount they get paid for playing a sport. I'll not fault them.. they are all talented, thats why they get paid the big bucks. But come on.... HOW MUCH is too much? Remember when they played because they loved the sport. Sports players are getting paid more than Doctors. Something so wrong with this picture.

The fans are the only people suffering.

I miss Brind'Amour.

Way to go, assclowns. :rolleyes

The letters between Goodenow and Bettman yesterday were just plain ridiculous.
    I agree with you, wwhippet, I did learn how to live without hockey but somewhere inside of me I sure wish those idiots would've found a way to make a deal.

My question now is, what's next? What are they going to do for "next season" ?

FORT Fan
    Was wondering the same... about next season? If they couldn't make a deal this season, why would they next season?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverstar
    Way to go, assclowns. :rolleyes
    I'm sorry, but this just made me

Don't hold back, Silverstar!!! Tell us how you really feel. Vent. It helps!
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

I don't get why they dont' meet more often and try to hammer this out. NOw that this season is dead, are they going to sit on their butts for the next 6-7 months and wait until a week before the season starts to talk again?? Crazy....I'm pretty sure that they said on TSN that the two sides met 38 times since 2003....that is crazy!!
    ---------------------
    opps....

Closed Thread