Closed Thread
Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

They've pulled their heads out of their asses approximately one centimeter, and are starting to hear how pissed off everyone, well, WAS, and now are in the stage of apathy, and they realize how much they're losing and how quickly. But the rectal-cranial inversion is going to take a lot longer yet to correct.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    From the article that Mariner posted:

The NHL wants the new deal to give clubs cost certainty - a line between revenues and player costs. The unions says that amounts to an unacceptable salary cap.
    Do the players not understand that if there is no cost certainty, idiot owners like those that own the Rangers could help drive salaries up to the point where teams fold (the trend that we've watched over the last 10 years) and thus cost the players jobs? Have the players taken too many pucks to the head to get this concept?

I'm sick of this lock-out. The players are fighting a battle that they can't win. And it's not just costing us fans our enjoyment, but it's costing folks making minimum wage their jobs; vendors at arenas, etc. A sports paraphenalia store in Denver that depended heavily on sales to Av fans went out of business, and I read that the company that manufactures the pucks had to let half their staffs go. I'm pissed. I'll watch the games next year (assuming they have a season next year), but I'm sure this labor dispute is going to have some effect on interest in the sport, just like Major League Baseball was impacted in the early 90's.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Tiniest itty bitty ray of hope. From local Toronto news.
    They have been playing Cat & Mouse all day long , and have moved once from the Weston to the Sutton Place Hotel. The media have been trying to find them and did . They are still talking way underground as of this moment as opposed to the very public blowhard way they been carrying on up till now. Word up is that there is a great deal of pressure from both sides suddenly ( duh) not to be the side that blew the season.

JR.
    They are running out of time though, too little too late. What, are they going to have a 10 game season? Rat bastards, all of them.

One idea they discussed on ESPN last night was a 30 game season then playoffs in April, but they would have to settle in the next couple days. Otherwise, they would just have to play an open tournament for the cup.

This columnist they were interviewing also pointed out that the owners have achieved all they can lockout wise, and actually they have pressures now too, because if there is no hockey at all this year, they lose huge endorsement revenue and cannot sell many season tickets for next year.

If they don't solve it now, he felt the pressure would fall off again, and the lockout would continue until at least January of NEXT year.

It would be the end of a 30 team NHL in my opinion.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Woo HooBig news

"We met and will be meeting again"
    That's all either side will say.
    Don't give anyone too much hope after we have been waiting ever so patiently for you to get your crap together you stupid morons.

eny
    FORT Fogey

More Theo for Ducky and Silver and anyone who will be happy to know hockey is being played somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by eny

More Theo for Ducky and Silver and anyone who will be happy to know hockey is being played somewhere

Forgetting me Eny? Thanks for posting those pics though, I need a cold shower.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    sorry Eva I'm sure you are having just as hard of a time weathering this storm. Enjoy the pics of your other husband.

He's so cute I almost dont hate his gay funboy haircut.

Closed Thread