Closed Thread
Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I think they have to. The whole 24% pay cut was just a PR move to try and get the fans on their side. The NHLPA knew that they'd reject the offer without a cap, so they made a big deal about it in the press like they were trying to say "see, we're the good guys here".
    Ah. That makes sense. What do you think the solution should be? I really think both sides are playing with fire at this point.

JR.
    Here's a bit from an article( http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/...st_capitulate/ ) that I think would be a good place to start:
    In a business that generates some $2.2 billion in revenues, the players must come to grips with accepting about 50 percent of the gross -- a drop from around 75 percent -- as their income, and then they have to be savvy enough to protect their upside. The deal they sign today, tomorrow, or next year has to keep them at that 50-percent payout, and if it's a $4 billion business in 10 years, then they've jumped their pay from $1.1 billion to $2 billion.

Sounds simple, doesn't it? But it's not. If it were, NFL players would have grasped that simple math before they fell asleep at the cost-certainty switch. The players should switch their focus from bucking the cap to making sure that their cap is even better than their NFL and NBA brothers. Be bold. Forge new ground. Sign up for 50 cents on the buck now, and hold on to it, in perpetuity.
    There was something else I read that went further, but I can't remember where I saw it. I'll keep looking.

I can't believe we won't have hockey. Silver, my Saturday's are free too, come on over and we can drown our sorrows together.

This is really ridiculous and we the fans get nothing in the end!

Man, there is NOTHING going on right now. I figure that if there's no solution by the first week of January, no season will happen. Very slim hope right now, this sucks!

Hey now! CBC has been running Movie Night In Canada! I mean, that's the same, right? :rolleyes

Although, this must suck big time for the CBC. I'm sure no one wants it back as much as they do.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Hey now! CBC has been running Movie Night In Canada! I mean, that's the same, right? :rolleyes

Although, this must suck big time for the CBC. I'm sure no one wants it back as much as they do.
    I beg to differ. I want it back more than them.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I wondered why I never noticed just how much Saturday night TV sucks. That's because I never had to watch it before. Winter = Hockey, Summer = not watching TV.

Jose Theodore is set to join Djurgarden with Mats Sundin in January. Poor kid will be glad to get out of the country between his father and his father in law.

Anyone watching the Canadian Juniors play Finland? A pretty good game so far. I love the World Juniors, a Christmas tradition at my house

Quote Originally Posted by imajunkie2
    Anyone watching the Canadian Juniors play Finland? A pretty good game so far. I love the World Juniors, a Christmas tradition at my house
    I am, I didn't even realize there was an exhibition game tonight until I was looking for something to watch. I love Bergeron!

There is another one on Wednesday night against Switzerland.
    Our boys won 6-0

The amazing thing is that Seabrook's status is unsure at this point and there are three guys that are on the bubble and all three did well tonight. They are hoping to know the final roster for the Wednesday game.
    I do have to mention, those jerseys are putrid, maybe thats what we need to leave the silver in ND and bring home the gold Go Canada Go

Closed Thread