Closed Thread
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

Jay
    Stephane Quintal's career with the Habs is over. He won't be offered a new contract.

I am not a happy woman today!
    The Habs have traded Mathieu Garon to the Kings and in return, Radek Bonk and Cristobal Huet are now Habs! (The Sens had traded Bonk to L.A. for a third round pick)
    I think Huet is a not so bad but let's say Bonk is not my favorite player.
    We'll sure miss one of the best backups in the league.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It's great Bonk is gone.He had done nothing the last year.

Kind of funny they sent the French guy to the Habs . French (France) people are so snotty about quebecois, especially the language.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    French (France) people are so snotty about quebecois, especially the language.
    Not from my experience. French people are generally indifferent about the quebecois culture/language, but when they are confronted with the language, you'll find many more chuckles at the difference in accent than snottiness.

Anyhow, I'm pretty happy about the trade. The Kings' GM pulled a fast one on the Sens by giving Bonk right back to the Habs when it's obvious the Sens wouldn't have made this salary dump move so easily had they known the Habs would get Bonk. Huet is a good goalie but I agree that he isn't as solid as Garon so good times for the Kings today! Including the great Tukonen catch at the draft!
    Last edited by Zaius; 06-27-2004 at 12:52 AM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Not from my experience. French people are generally indifferent about the quebecois culture/language, but when they are confronted with the language, you'll find many more chuckles at the difference in accent than snottiness.
    One on one they can be downright rude. Trust me on that one Sort of like a Brit's attitude towards American English.
    Garon is great ! I think that's a lopsided trade for sure.
    Ottawa dealt poor Lalime to St Lou for a pack of gum and some tape. I guess all they are waiting for is Hasek to sign on the line.

That means Hasek is coming to town.
    Not only that, but the Habs just traded Quintal to the Kings for "future considerations."
    Let's just trade the rest of the team to the Kings, shall we?

Lalime for shit... that's ridiculous. Id rather take Lalime, a guy with a future, than Hasek, a guy who doesnt even really have a past and definitely doesnt have a future. Dumb senators.

Jay
    Garon is going to be great in LA. He deserves a chance to be a starter.

Bonk will be earning $3.5 million as a third line center. He had better score 40 goals.

OK, Little Z just called to tell me about Lalime and he said some other guy (A right wing?) was also traded. Anyone know who he was traded for?

Little Z is "on vacation" in a cabin with no TV and no internet

He's not happy about the goalie dealio.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

A 4th round pick for Lalime Ottawa is stupid to do that deal, they could have gotten a lot better. I heard they dealt him last night for a pick but I was thinking it was a lot higher than that. I can't see Hasek going the whole season without an injury, they better hope their back up can step up big time. Also Quintal is now a King, traded for futures.

Closed Thread