Closed Thread
Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

It sucks no living up north. No one around here knows anything about hockey, so if theres no NHL Ill have no hockey to watch
    "Hockey is like a disease, you can't really shake it."
    - Goaltender Ken Wregget

Today is a very sad day. Arturs Irbe has just been traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets for future considerations, whatever that will end up being...

Also, mister Kovalev rejected an offer by the Habs.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Zdeno
    It sucks no living up north. No one around here knows anything about hockey, so if theres no NHL Ill have no hockey to watch
    Cali steered you in the right direction . We know whats going on , or pretend we do anyway.

Irbe gets to play. I mean Colombus pretty much sucks , but so does getting sent to the Lowell Lockmonsters when you didn't deserve it /rant. What is Paul Maurice doing these days anyway ?

I have a feeling Little Z will dress all in black for a month, or possibly the entire "should be season" if there turns out to be no hockey next year. I'm not sure why this would happen in the first place though. Is it all about money? Aren't there enough players/coaches/owners that love the game enough to compromise on whatever problems there are?

Sorry for the ignorant questions, I am just clueless.

Don't comment on that last line Little Z!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    I have a feeling Little Z will dress all in black for a month, or possibly the entire "should be season" if there turns out to be no hockey next year. I'm not sure why this would happen in the first place though. Is it all about money? Aren't there enough players/coaches/owners that love the game enough to compromise on whatever problems there are?

Sorry for the ignorant questions, I am just clueless.

Don't comment on that last line Little Z!
    You could never be ignorant cali

You'd think that it would be a simple answer , but both sides are so blinded by economics in different directions , that the sport and the fans will left in the dust. Plus you have a guy running the show who is an NBA transplant and doesn't have hockey on the brain, only cash.

I'm not snobby enough to think you have to have grown up with the game to love it . ( Look at Ducky !) I really don't think Bettman does.

Lil Z will have to just cheer for Jacksonville . I think that's the closest WHA to you guys. Big Z will probably be playing in the czech league .

So this NBA guy just had too much money in the first place? I don't get how he came to be in charge. Is this the guy with the son who plays? Doesn't he give a crap about that?

Again, apologies in advance. Sometimes I just don't get things the first... or second... or third time

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Nope Bettman is just clueless. Not sure how he came to be incharge . It's one of those mysteries of life.

His rules guy is the one with the son playing - Colin Campbell. The guy who doesn't bother to check if the puck is in the net before declaring it wasn't.

Jay
    Hasek is not returning to Detroit and Ottawa appears to be interested. Surely the Sens can't be that desperate for a goalie who is damaged goods.

This is little Zdeno. If the sens get Hasek i will have a hard time watching him with that messed up, sorry excuse of a mask And i love Lalime!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    This rumor has been going around since early spring . Hasek and Muckler go back to Buffalo , and it was reported at that time that was the reason Hasek wanted to go to Ottawa. Plus the fact it's a winning team.
    I always believed that it would happen because of that. Problem is with missing a year or more because of the strike ,Hasek is really getting up there in age .He never showed he had any of his old spark since returning from his 1 year retirement.. Yup damaged goods sums it up nicely.

Closed Thread