Closed Thread
Page 21 of 63 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

JR.
    I'm on my way Ducky that's way better than R vs. C

eny
    FORT Fogey

Here is something to cheer you up JR (and Bruins fans). Looks like Joe is in good form.

Give me like 2 minutes notice before you get here though, JR. I have a text book that needs shifting.

(I'm trying the subliminal learning thing. If you sleep with the text next to your head maybe thermodynamic wavelengths will ooze into your brain and cause you to learninate. Or, alternately, have a textbook in your bed.)

Holy jeez batman! Coyotes signed Nedved today. But wait, there's more. They traded Langkow to Calgary for Gauthier and Saprykin. Look out for the Coyotes now I guess, whenever the season starts anyways.

Bertuzzi made his first of what I'm sure will be many court appearance today. He plead not guilty to his assault on Steve Moore that took place back in March.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp...79&hubName=nhl

At the Team Canada training camp in Ottawa, Avalanche captain Joe Sakic expressed regret that the case was going to court.

``In my opinion, I don't think it should be in the courts,'' said the Colorado captain. ``They should let the league handle it.''
    'nuf said...

I've stated before that I thought the league had issued a very strong message with the way they handled the whole incident, and it did not belong in court. Bertuzzi hardly got a slap on the wrist with the punishment and fines that the league imposed. A statement was made that those types of behavior will not be tolerated in the NHL. It's time to move forward.
    Paintin' the Town Blue!

eny
    FORT Fogey
    The loss of his high paying status , possibly forever is more of a deterent to all of the players than a slap on the wrist by the court. I think the leagues reaction did the trick ,and this court case is unneeded. There is some talk of Moore filing civil charges as well , but as the incident is Canadian , in Canada it probably won't pan out. Those cases are much harder to conclude successfully in Can than in the US .

Happier thoughts , this pic cracked me up . Chara and a Swedish team member : lol

Canada vs. USA at 4 (pacific) tomorrow. Time to show our southern neighbors last world cup was a fluke. Go Canada Go!!!

The game is great so far.

As we speak, 2 nothing for Canada and Brodeur just made a pretty good save.

I'm just getting used to the color of the jersey...I know it's a tribute but it's quite different.

And just for the sake of it.... we have Hockey!

edited to add that Bill Guerin scored.
    Last edited by Silverstar; 08-31-2004 at 09:26 PM.

Closed Thread