Closed Thread
Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

Where?
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

The WHA, likely.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

Jay
    Keith Primeau signed with the Flyers for 4 years and $17 million. Good move by the Flyers.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    Where?
    Brett's father the great Bobby is incharge of /commisioner for the WHA. He has even sold his house near me to work on it full time. He was the first big name to sign with the WHA in the 70's , so it's kind of fitting he's the spearhead of the second incarnation.

Brett had said that he wanted to originally remain in the NHL to get second in scoring behind Gretzky . He's less than 100 behind Howe. Now without a contract , he just might say forget about it and join the WHA.

Jay
    If there is no NHL this season, I hope the CBC will show the WHA or the juniors or women's hockey.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    If there is no NHL this season, I hope the CBC will show the WHA or the juniors or women's hockey.

I am thinking TSN and Sportsnet would get the WHA, it would be a huge deal for either of them. If the NHL is off they will get a ton of ratings and we all need some hockey to watch.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I would be very surprised to see any action before Jan, if then , as both sides are dug in. The Euros will go home , and lots of NA guys will follow. I know for example on the Leafs Tucker has already had preliminary meetings with Lulea , the same team Renburg already signed with. With the WHA coming online , that's another option.
    There are a bunch of NHL guys who have signed with European teams, with the stipulation that if/when the lockout ends, they'll go back to their original teams.

I hope they get the situation resolved before Sept. 15th, but as others here have said, it's not looking good.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Zdeno
    Does anyone think there will be a season next year? Or a shortened season?
    I think there's a real possibility of no NHL at all next year..the 2 sides seem farther apart then ever before. I don't think either side is gonna back off on the salary cap issue. I can't even imagine what the winter will be like with no hockey.

Anyone know who some of the big unrestricted free agents are? Dont think teams will be chomping at the bit to jump into free agency with this uncertainty looming.

Jay
    TSN link

Check out this link for potential unrestricted free agents.

Closed Thread