Closed Thread
Page 18 of 63 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Hockey , Til the next Season - whenever that is ...

eny
    FORT Fogey
    :nono

Not looking good for Colorado . Peter is training with dad's team.

Quote Originally Posted by eny

FORT Newbie

Holik....Not the family man he appears

Anybody hear the latest about Mr. Holik? Seems husband and father of the year has himself a little thing going on the side...He went and got himself a valley girl. Bet the wife isn't too happy these days...wonder if she'll pull a Melanie Brodeur? Hey, shouldn't surprise any of us though, Marty and him are best of friends. Just hope the girl he's cheating with isn't related to Renee..now that would be too weird.

Jeez! The NHL had a 5 hour meeting and resolved nothing! I hate the NHLPA!!! They are SO greedy, and don't deserve more than 3 mil a season even for a superstar. No one needs that amount of money to play for 8 months a year tops. :phhht

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Oh yeah Holik was rumored to have had a thing with a team mates wife before. One we couldn't quite figure out. They are all dogs.

FORT Newbie
    Eny... Thanks, I didn't realize he was so bad. I live in upstate NY and friends of mine have actually seen him and this girl together, more then once for over a year now. I don't know if she is another players wife or not but boy, Mr. Holik gets around doesn't he?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It's funny you mentioned Melanie , because that's who it was rumoured to be, and why they finally split. I mean Holik or Brodeur? no contest. Although I'm sure he's a lovely person.

Back to business though
    Joe gets 6.5 mil from the arbitrator. That's why the bruins were saving the pennies

http://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/natio...ton040817.html
    Last edited by eny; 08-17-2004 at 10:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I saw on the news the other night that Peter has sold his Denver penthouse. Losing our best player--that's a great way to start the season.

Compared to alot of the other players salarys, I would say joe is underpaid *COUGH* Jagr *COugh*. But still no one deserves that much.

What happens to all th teams with the High salary players when/If a salary cap gets put on??
    "Hockey is like a disease, you can't really shake it."
    - Goaltender Ken Wregget

eny
    FORT Fogey
    No one knows. They think some kind of penalty or luxury tax. Then you have the same deal though . The rich teams will just pay it , and the smaller teams will be left with the cheaper players. Kind of like what happens now so unless they enforce the salary cap , it does nothing. .

Closed Thread