+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2004

Wow.

France went from being down 1-0 in the second half and facing a penalty kick against them...

to winning 2-1 at the very end.

Those last minutes were the most intense 3 minutes I've ever seen in sports!
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I don't know why England seems to always go to a very defensive strategy when they take the lead in a game. They have the players to put teams away but they sit back, make a couple of mistakes, and lose games. Many of these guys play on club teams with an attacking strategy, but put them together and things seem to go wrong.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Ugh, very disappointing display by England.
    Owen did nothing, Beckham was practically AWOL in the first half until the free kick and Wayne Rooney had at least three bad first touches for every decent one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    How the hell did I miss this? ...
    I'll tell you how.... They are not showing the games on any freakin' channel I get.... What's up wth that? Anyone in the States.... what channel are you guys watching the games on?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The $19.95 a game channel...pay per view. You could purchase the entire tournament for $179 though. A few Euro2004 games will be shown live on Fox Sports World. There will be one today actually in one hour: Italy V Denmark. Thursday will be Croatia V France and Friday will be Italy v Sweden. This is just this week. I believe the channel will carry more games next week.
    Last edited by Zaius; 06-14-2004 at 11:21 AM.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Zaius, you're paying $179 to watch Euro 2004. That is shocking! Sky Sports in Europe which shows English Premiership is only about an extra 10 per month I think. Euro 2004 is free to view on BBC and ITV.

Thanks Z

It ticks me off that I have 50 sports channels, yet they want to charge me to watch one of the few sports I give a crap about. Of course I can watch all the billiards and "rock, Paper, scissors" I want to.

Losers!

I'll try to catch the freebies.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

The Euro champs are on a channel that's part of the most basic cable package in Canada too, so in essence they're free in that we don't have to pay any extra to see them.
    We get two EPL matches a week for free too during the season.
    It's a shame people in the US have to pay. Not the best way to increase interest in the sport.

Denmark and Italy are playing at the moment.
    Denmark were all over Italy in the first half and are doing well in the second but the score remains nil-nil.
    Just under fifteen minutes left, plus whatever injury time.
    "That's Numberwang!"

So, Denmark and Italy ended nil-nil.

Shame for Denmark as they played really well.

Sweden gave Bulgaria a right slap 5-0.
    "That's Numberwang!"

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar

I wanted to set up a thread but I was out of town for a few days. Thanks Belfastgirl for making up the thread.

Thanks cali for the match fixtures. And nice updates fluff.

I was out of town and I was waiting to watch the Italy-Denmark match. To my horror, they didnt show it. But heard that it was 0-0. :rolleyes

England. They were fine till Eriksson brought in the reserves.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread