+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: CFL Football

Jay

CFL Football

Anyone excited/interested about the upcoming season? I am. The Alouettes have their first pre-season game tonight vs The Renegades.

Gonna be a great season. Since Ricky Ray is gone the West is going to be a lot closer. If Dickenson recovers from knee surgry the Lions have a great shot at it this year. I have my front row season tickets and can't wait to go to games...expect the exhibition one on Saturday cause I have to miss that one.

Jay
    I think the Als are still the team to beat in the East but I'm worried if Anthony Cavillo or Eric Lapointe become injured. There is no experienced or proven QB ready to step in.

Quote Originally Posted by HomerRules
    I'm worried if Anthony Cavillo or Eric Lapointe become injured. There is no experienced or proven QB ready to step in.

Eric Lapointe is injured way too often.
    I'm so happy that Pat Woodcock is back in the CFL, but this time with the Renegades.

I think the Als already have the east locked. With Ray gone I think in the West is between B.C. and Winnipeg. B.C. got some nice pickups in the off season, our recievers are one of the best in the league...if not the best. I can see a B.C./Montreal final.

FORT Fogey
    Does anyone think that NFL Europe has depleted some of the possible young talent that would have otherwise headed up to the CFL?

In years past - the CFL was often thought to be a prime example of a Junior League NFL or AAA Minor League.

A place for young, raw, talent to mature a bit and get some pro-level coaching in pro-level systems. And this could be quite a fortunate situation for a top notch CFL waiting for the bargaining to begin.

Now a fringe player is likely to be signed onto a practice or taxi squad and then given a year or two in NFL Europe to ripen - all while still under restricted contract with their parent team.

The last guy I can recall being on the Bears from the CFL was Henry Burris...nuff said.

Jay
    Given the choice between NFL Europe or the CFL, I think most players would choose the former. I'm not sure about the salaries in Europe but you can't get rich playing in Canada unless you are an elite player. The base salary is $45,000 CDN and the top players command $100,000 and up.

Just popping in to express my surprise at finding a thread called "CFL Football".

ARRRRRRRGOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!

"I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Jay
    The Als cut Darren Davis, a 2-time 1,000 yard rusher (?!). Looks like the rushing game will suck again this season.

Jay
    Well, do I feel foolish today. The Als' running game looked pretty good yesterday. I hope this will continue when the regular season starts next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast