+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    think this will last? or will he be begging vince to take him back (which vince will do)?
    p/s i didn't know that you posted wwe stuff! that is so great! i had to get rid of my cable (i was addicted to 24 hr new networks! ) so this will help my RAW withdrawl!
    Well then I will have to post more RAW stuff. Brock probably will not make the team, but Vince already said he has a job anytime he wants to come back. ctually I have a update on that in a few, and more RAW stuff.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

Brock signs but probably wont make team

Brock Lesnar passed his physical and signed a contract on Tuesday with the Minnesota Vikings for the league minimum of $230,000.
    Lesnar won't get the money, though, unless he makes the final roster. The Pioneer Press says that would be "stunning". Lesnar is considered a longshot at making the team, but will report to training camp on Friday.
    If Lesnar doesn't make the final roster, but makes the practice squad, he will receive $73,000.
    NFL.com has also carried the story about Brock Lesnar signing a contract with the Minnesota Vikings.

WWE: Shane McMahon & Bret Hart in Talks...

As many wrestling fans have seen and heard, there has been much talk lately regarding the situation between Bret Hart and Ric Flair. Though there could possibly be a lot more to the situation than we know.
    Shane McMahon and Bret Hart have had numerous talks recently concerning the upcoming Bret Hart DVD. Mainly, the meetings were regarding the DVD and Bret would give Shane input as far as what matches would be on the DVD and such.
    Lately we have been hearing that while meetings were specifically for the DVD, it has recently turned into Shane McMahon actually bringing up the subject of a WWE return for Bret.

WWE:*RECAP* of Ric Flair interview, war with Bret Hart not over.

Interview with Ric Flair: By Landsberg.

Where does it come from that Ric Flair is singly driven to be a wrestler?
    Flair said that when he started wrestling, he found the groove and became obsessed with the Ric Flair character and sacrificed everything along the way, his health, his family...

Give us an example of how obsessed you were?
    When Flair wasn't working, he would leave town and travel with Dusty Rhodes and Dick Murdock for a week. Paying out of his pocket when he didn't have the money to do it. Leaving his wife at home. That's how obsessed he was.

You were wrestling 380 times a year?
    Yes, it started in 1976. Regularly working for the Crockett's, twice on Saturdays, twice on Sundays and in the summer twice on Wednesdays.

Example of Ric Flair partying.
    Wrestling for an hour, walking out the door at 12, coming back to motel at 6, hitting the gym at 9 and then catching a plane to the next city. Flair said that he wanted everyone to think that he was the best at everything, whether it was parting or wrestling.

Landsberg asked him if he took drugs and Flair said no.

When people look back at Ric Flair's early career, would they say he was an alcoholic?
    Ric Flair said yes. He's been told that he was an alcoholic.

Still an alcoholic?
    He said no, not now. He's been to therapists and after an hour session they'd be the ones on the couch. When he found out he was sick and his heart was bothering him, he quit that day.

How has fear stirred Ric Flair's life?
    He doesn't remember being afraid of anything in this business until 1998.. when people would say why are you doing this? Why don't you just quit.

The WCW lawsuit.
    Flair had arranged to take his son to the AAU Nationals in Detroit. Eric Bischoff was in Japan negotiating some big deal and had called someone in charge to tell Ric Flair that he is booked for WCW Thunder. Flair said that he couldn't because he had to take his son to Detroit. His son had been waiting six months for that. WCW said that they'd send a plane for him and he'd only pay half. That was the same plane that would bring Hulk Hogan around for free and they were going to charge Flair half. Either way, Flair said no. Then on Monday, Bischoff told everyone that he was going to sue him and that the 200 lawyers they had were going to sue Flair and his family to bankruptcy.
    He said that in his life, he always put wrestling ahead of everything and he's sorry for that towards his family.

If he looked back on it and he had the chance to do it all again, would he do it differently?
    Flair said that he probably couldn't and not be Ric Flair. He wouldn't be sitting here today doing this interview. Landsberg said that if he could do it again and at some point in his life... let's say he had to make a decision where the number one focus in Flair's life is, would it be his career or his family?. Flair said definitely his family. But what Flair is saying is that if he hasn't worked as hard as being the character, then he probably wouldn't have come a long as far.

Landsberg asked him the following questions:

Do you like Hogan? Yeah.

Eric Bischoff? No.

Bret Hart.. he hesitates.
    They discuss Bret Hart
    Landsberg says "As you know, each territory has its favorite son, and here in Canada a lot of people still love Bret Hart." Landsberg sums up what Flair said in his book.
    Flair said that in Canada, they're starving for the sight of a good athlete. Landsberg said that it's not really true. Flair says it is. He said that Canada doesn't have any big players right now. When Gretzky left, they had nobody really and Bret later became champion. Landsberg says that there are some Canadian guys in the WWE right now, but it's still not the same. Flair says that he's talking about here in Canada.

Flair said that Bret Hart came from a very strong family and he starts naming the facts. He said when Hart was with the WWF in the 1980's when Hogan was running wild, he was just mid-carder in the Hart Foundation. When he got the title, he didn't draw any money. Vince being the genius that he is couldn't find a way to fire him because he had signed him to a huge contract. He said finally, Bischoff as dumb as he is, signs Bret Hart. He said Bret went to WCW, didn't draw a dime, picked up his toys and went home. Does that make you a big star?
    Landsberg said that he thinks Flair left some stuff out of the story.

Technically would you say Bret Hart was a brilliant wrestler?
    Flair said yea, but it has nothing to do with it. Landsberg said there are different kinds of stars. Flair said that stars are stars. They are successful at every level. They draw big money or they don't. He said that if Bret was drawing money, Vince wouldn't have let him go. Landsberg points out that it was a downtime in the industry. Landsberg read something that Bret mailed to his show.

Bret Hart said this: "How can he (Flair) say that he was any kind of draw compare to me? Many of the house shows and PPVs with me headlining were some of the biggest (they name PPVS......) Also unlike the NWA or WCW, the WWF actually wrestled in front of real live people and not just chairs for most of his house shows."

Flair said that he wasn't saying that he was a big draw in the WCW war against the WWF. But he did wrestle against the Bruiser Brody, Dick the Bruiser and he starts naming them. He asked, "where is Bret in that equation?" Flair says that the WWE machine is made by Vince McMahon. (Flair didn't clearly respond to the statement).

Are you pissed at Bret because he didn't do what he was asked to do at the Survivor Series?
    Flair said that he's not pissed at him at all.

Did you lose respect for him?
    He said yes. Where he lost more respect of Bret is that he whined about it for years. He said that when Owen died, which was a tragedy... He said that when that happened, Bret brought up Montreal again. He can document that for us if we want to.

Landsberg asked Flair "Don't you think this is an area that you shouldn't go to? Here is a guy who lost his brother and you're pointing out the fact that you don't like his reaction to his own brother's death? Why do you have to mention that?"
    Flair doesn't know why he did, it was something that was on his mind.

Flair said that he felt bad for the McMahons.

Landsberg cuts him off and says "You felt bad for the McMahons?"
    He did, because Bret was making it such a personal issue. Landsberg says "But it was personal." Personal between him and the McMahons?! Personal with he loss of Owen to his family. Flair also added that he didn't hear anyone else in the Hart family going crazy.

Landsberg tells Ric not to forget that Bret is the guy that was under the media spotlight and always had a microphone shoved underneath his throat because of his fame.
    Then Flair says that if on RAW, he's 55 years old, if someone gives him a piledriver and he breaks his neck. Flair wants his family to walk down to the ring the following week on RAW and he wants his family to say that my dad was the luckiest son of a bitch alive to be part of this show and we love you, thank you for every minute of life he had. That's Ric Flair's perception.

Flair basically said that the Hart family should have reacted differently.

Landsberg said that getting killed with a piledriver is different than getting killed the way Owen got killed. Flair didn't know what to say and said "death is death."

Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux and Bobby Orr, that's the debate in hockey. In wrestling it's Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. Greatest of all-time?
    Flair says that he would pick Bobby Orr. He also said that he would pick Hogan because he drew more money. Was Hogan a better wrestler than Flair? No, but he did draw more. Flair said that Hogan worked for the WWF, he was part of the McMahon machine. Landsberg says that makes Hogan the most profitable, not the greatest. Because if Flair said that Bobby Orr was the greatest of all-time, that might not be correct because statistically there may be others.
    Flair said that the travesty of Hulk Hogan is he should have been at WrestleMania XX in some capacity. He was at the first one, he deserved to be at WM20. Flair said that for Hogan it was about the money. Flair said that if he was in Hogan's spot he would have showed up.

Calling Mick Foley a "glorified stunt man."
    Landsberg mentions that Flair criticized Mick Foley. Flair said he didn't criticize him, he said it like it is. Landsberg said that calling Mick Foley a glorified stunt man is criticism. Flair said that Mick did draw money, but Mick couldn't wrestle an hour with five oxygen tanks on his back. That form of entertainment leads to a lot of guys getting hurt. Flair said that he respects the fact that Foley did anything for the fans.

What would be the greatest match ever right now?
    Flair said "HHH vs. HBK, it already happened." And HBK vs. Angle.

Reader, e-mails in a question:
    "Ric, is it true you used to wrestle in car dealerships? And if so, what is the softest car you ever landed on?
    He has in the rain for an hour when he was NWA champion.

Did you find out something about yourself after writing this book?"
    He found out earlier and too late. How bad he treated his family by always taking off. Up to this day, it still upsets his older kids. When they were growing up, he never got to see them.
    Landsberg thanks him and the show is over.

WWE NEWS: Roddy Piper & WWE in Talks

Feel free to discus anything wrestling here..

Roddy Piper is trying to make his way back into the WWE and recently contacted Vince McMahon with a personal fax regarding the possibility of him coming back to work for the company.
    Basically, the fax was all about Piper trying to explain to Vince McMahon why he said what he said back on the HBO special that resulted in the loss of his last job with the company. He also pitched a few character ideas for himself if he were to return to WWE programming.
    Piper wants to be more of an on-air personality rather than a wrestler. He had outlined that he wanted to become a character on the programming, though at this point we are unsure whether WWE will consider him or not. In reality, there is not much left for WWE to do with Piper due to the fact that they can't use him in the ring, though WWE does have quite a track record regarding past talent that has made money for the company over time.

WWE: Interview with Brock Lesner on trading WWE for NFL

Leaving behind a career as a world champion in the WWE, former pro wrestler Brock Lesnar is trying his hand at pro football. Lesnar, who lives in Minnesota, signed with the Vikings and will be in training camp with the team. Lesnar spoke with NFL Total Access host Rich Eisen about the excitement of trying another sport, his rigorous training to get there, and his wily roommate.

Rich Eisen: How excited are you? You must be fired up.

Brock Lesnar: I'm very excited, overwhelmed, and I don't know what else to say. I'm just thankful for the opportunity that the Vikings gave me, and looking forward to going into camp. I'm just excited -- don't know what to expect. I'm just glad I'm going there.

Eisen: Well, obviously when you're talking about professional wrestling, in a way, some people might think this is a gag. But, you're leaving serious dollars on the table to try this thing out, Brock. Why are you doing this?

Lesnar: Well, this is a dream of mine that I wanted to fulfill, and I figured you only live once in your life. I climbed to the top in wrestling, and it was time for me to get out of there, so here I am. I'm looking forward to fulfilling this dream, and it was a passion of mine that I wanted to play football.

Eisen: Now you haven't played football since 1995, at Webster High School in your native South Dakota. What have you done to prepare for this?

Lesnar: Well, I don't know what you really can do to prepare for this. I'm just coming into this with an open mind. I'm trying to be in as good a shape as I can be in, and I guess I have a lot of faith in the coaching staff here to kind of mold me along and help me out, and that's all I'm really looking for. I don't know how to really prepare myself, I'm just going in with an open mind.

Eisen: Well, you went to Tempe for a few months at this world-renowned place for players to get into football shape. Tell us about your stay there.

Lesnar: Yeah, I got down to Athletes Performance in April and was there throughout the summer, and those guys worked with me to get me back into shape. In the midst of things, I got into a motorcycle accident, which set me back. So mostly this summer, I've been trying to heal up and get ready and wishing for somebody to give me this opportunity to play football. That's kind of where I'm at right now.

Eisen: Is there anybody who would dare to tell you you're a little nuts for trying to do this?

Lesnar: Well, I guess you've got to be a little nuts to live life in general. You know, I walked away from the WWE, left a lot of money on the table to pursue this. I just want to be happy, play football, be close to my family, and want to be around good people. That's why I live here in Minnesota.

Eisen: Any thoughts in Mankato in trying out the F-5 wrestling maneuver on any of your new teammates?

Lesnar: I don't think that'll win me over at the camp, no. I got that move perfected; I want to try some football things.

Eisen: Let's take a look at the depth chart you'll be joining. Obviously some of these guys have some serious credentials ... are you rooming with Chris Hovan in Mankato?

Lesnar: Yes, I'll be rooming with Chris in Mankato.

Eisen: Oh my God! That should be an interesting room, Brock.

Lesnar: It could be, it could be. I got a good teacher there, so that's my whole plan. I'm going to surround myself with greatness.

Eisen: Have you known Chris for awhile?

Lesnar: Yeah, I've known Chris going on four years now. He was a fan of mine when I was in the wrestling ring and I was a fan of his on the football field.

Eisen: Well, Brock, Mike Tice's plan for you right now is&he thinks that you're a great practice squad player and maybe sending you to NFL Europe. Is that something you would do?

Lesnar: Whatever it takes. Whatever it needs to be, I want to pursue this thing and give it a 110 percent. That's what I want to do.

Eisen: That's terrific. I guess you don't need me to tell you this, but now that training camp starts ... "here comes the pain!"

Lesnar: Exactly! Thank you.

Respond & POst

Feel free to post and discus anything you read on this thread or something new or old about the WWE.

WWE: Schedule of LIVE shows for August!

This is the schedule for August, note that shows can be added or cancled and the CARD on the show can always be changed.

August:
    1 Sun: Corpus Christi, Texas (House Show)

1 Sun: Bridgeport, Connecticut (House show)

2 Mon: San Antonio, Texas (Live RAW:TV)

3 Tue: Houston, Texas (Live Smackdown! Tapings: TV)

7 Sat: Trenton, New Jersey (Houseshow)

7 Sat: Baltimore, Maryland (House show)

8 Sun: Toledo, Ohio (House show)

8 Sun: Hershey, Pennsylvania (House show)

9 Mon: Cleveland, Ohio (Live RAW: TV)

9 Mon: Ft. Wayne, Indiana (House Show)

10 Tue: Detroit, Michigan (Live Smackdown! Tapings: TV)

15 Sun: Toronto, Ontario, Canada (SUMMERSLAM-Live Pay Per View)

16 Mon: London, Ontario, Canada (Live RAW: TV)

16 Mon: Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada (House show)

17 Tue: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada (Live Smackdown! Tapings: TV)

20 Fri: Bismarck, North Dakota (House show)

22 Sun: Palm Springs, California (House show)

22 Sun: Bakersfield, CaliforniaJul 31st (House show)
    23 Mon: Anaheim, California (Live RAW: TV)

23 Mon: Richmond, California (House show)

24 Tue: Fresno, California (Live SmackDown! Tapings: TV)

24 Tue: Stockton, California (House show)

27 Fri: Sydney, Australia (House show)

28 Sat: Brisbane, Australia (House show)

29 Sun: Melbourne, Australia (House show)

30 Mon: San Francisco, California (Live RAW: TV)

31 Tue: Sacramento, California (Live Smackdown! Tapings: TV)

WWE NEWS: RAW house show/Eddie Guerrero injury update/more

Chris Benoit will defend his World Title against Randy Orton in a No DQ match tonight for a house show in Albuquerque, NM. Also on the card is Eugene vs. Triple H, a three way for the IC Title with Chris Jericho, Batista and Edge, La Resistance vs. Rhyno & Tajiri for the tag titles, The Hurricane vs. Kane, William Regal vs. Tyson Tomko, Victoria vs. Molly, Val Venis vs. Chuck Palumbo and Steven Richards vs. Rodney Mack (with Jazz).
    Eddie Guerrero is once again ruled out of action this weekend due to his sore hamstring. WWE is taking it easy with him to ensure he will be at full fitness for SummerSlam for his match with Kurt Angle.
    Last nights edition of Smackdown did a 3.7 overnight broadcast rating, with a 6 share.

WWE NEWS:RAW house show/Guerrero injury update/more

[
    Chris Benoit will defend his World Title against Randy Orton in a No DQ match tonight for a house show in Albuquerque, NM. Also on the card is Eugene vs. Triple H, a three way for the IC Title with Chris Jericho, Batista and Edge, La Resistance vs. Rhyno & Tajiri for the tag titles, The Hurricane vs. Kane, William Regal vs. Tyson Tomko, Victoria vs. Molly, Val Venis vs. Chuck Palumbo and Steven Richards vs. Rodney Mack (with Jazz).
    Eddie Guerrero is once again ruled out of action this weekend due to his sore hamstring. WWE is taking it easy with him to ensure he will be at full fitness for SummerSlam for his match with Kurt Angle.
    Last nights edition of Smackdown did a 3.7 overnight broadcast rating, with a 6 share.

+ Reply to Thread