+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: WWE

LG.

Re: WWE

But didn't it say that he (Benoit) missed the performance because of his wife's death, with the presumption that he was still alive, not that he too was dead? That wouldn't be a time-date-stamp issue for wikipedia (the source of much bad information)? From everything that the police are indicating, no-one outside the house knew of any of the deaths until after all three were dead, with Benoit being the last according to the forensics reports I've seen cited as sources. There wasn't that I've heard a period of time where anyone else knew that she was dead but he wasn't. I guess the implication is that Benoit could have himself gone on wikipedia and edited his own entry, ghoulish as that is. I hope that didn't happen, but frankly, how could it be any worse than killing his son.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I have been watching this unfold,as has our whole nation. Chris Benoit was part of the Canadian wrestling institution along with the Harts. This event is incredibly tragic to say the least.

I believe the facts for time of death are that the wife was bound and killed first. The son was killed some time after her death. And that soon after the son's death, was Chris's death. This all had to involve forethought and planning.

I found it very interesting that while in his horrific state of mind that Chris Benoit texted a message to a neighbor saying that the dogs are ok and are locked in the pool area and the side door is open.

A man kills his wife, his son, plans to kill himself and leaves text messages so that their bodies will be found. And he makes sure the dogs are ok and says where they are?

The strange note on wikipedia is very weird. Who knows if they can find out who added that.

There is a family in my City who have 3 children with Fragile X syndrome. (genetic) One girl and two boys; all older than Chris's son. The family is managing fairly well. It leaves one to wonder if the Benoit family had proper knowledge of their son's illness and any medical help or supporting groups assisting them. It sounds like they were all so very alone in all of this.

I've heard that Chris Benoit will be buried in Montreal, Canada, and that his wife and son will be buried in Georgia, USA. I think in itself is sad as well.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I guess the implication is that Benoit could have himself gone on wikipedia and edited his own entry, ghoulish as that is. I hope that didn't happen, but frankly, how could it be any worse than killing his son.
    Maybe. But Benoit was in Georgia and they seem to be claiming its an IP address from a provider in Connecticut.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Leo
    Premium Member

Interestingly, it all seems to be one freakish coincidence. Or that's what's being claimed, at any rate.

Chris Benoit mystery editor confesses: claims "terrible coincidence" - Wikinews

The anonymous individual responsible for suggesting, 14 hours before police discovered the body, that WWE wrestler Chris Benoit's wife was dead is confessing, saying his/her comment was a "terrible coincidence."

In a post made at 12:26 AM EDT Friday morning to the talk page of a Wikinews article headlined as the "Death of Nancy Benoit rumour posted on Wikipedia hours prior to body being found", the user admitted to writing that Nancy Benoit was dead at the Wikipedia article page for Benoit came from information that was garnered from "rumors and speculation online." Freakishly, the post turned out to be true.

The IP Address of the individual making the apology was identical to that of the one who posted the Nancy Benoit rumor, a strong confirmation of the admission's authenticity. The lengthy apology was not signed, with the individual claiming, "I am just an everyday individual who posted a wrongful remark at the time that received so much attention because it turned out to actually happen."

Wikinews originally broke the story about the suspicious edit after receiving a tip from Wikipedia administrators. The fact the edit originated from a computer in Stamford, CT (the site of WWE headquarters) appears to be another coincidence.

The anonymous editor left a lengthy apology to the Wikimedia community, explaining, "I hope this puts an end to this speculation that someone knew about the tragedy before it was discovered."

Wikinews is continuing to follow the story, but the anonymous user has refused to be interviewed.

Below is the full, unedited apology:

Hey everyone. I am here to talk about the wikipedia comment that was left by myself. I just want to say that it was an incredible coincidence. Last weekend, I had heard about Chris Benoit no showing Vengeance because of a family emergency, and I had heard rumors about why that was. I was reading rumors and speculation about this matter online, and one of them included that his wife may have passed away, and I did the wrong thing by posting it on wikipedia to spite there being no evidence. I posted my speculation on the situation at the time and I am deeply sorry about this, and I was just as shocked as everyone when I heard that this actually would happen in real life. It is one of those things that just turned into a huge coincidence. That night I found out that what I posted, ended up actually happening, a 1 in 10,000 chance of happening, or so I thought. I was beyond wrong for posting wrongful information, and I am sorry to everyone for this. I just want everyone to know it was stupid of me, and I will never do anything like this again. I just posted something that was at that time a piece of wrong unsourced information that is typical on wikipedia, as it is done all the time.

Nonetheless, I feel incredibly bad for all the attention this got because of the fact that what I said turned out to be the truth. Like I said it was just a major coincidence, and I will never vandalize anything on wikipedia or post wrongful information. I've learned from this experience. I just can't believe what I wrote was actually the case, I've remained stunned and saddened over it.

I wish not to reveal my identity so I can keep me and my family out of this since they have nothing to do with anything. I am not connected to WWE or Benoit at all in anyway. I am from Stamford as the IP address shows, and I am just an everyday individual who posted a wrongful remark at the time that received so much attention because it turned out to actually happen. I will say again I didn't know anything about the Benoit tragedy, it was a terrible coincidence that I never saw coming.

I hope this puts an end to this speculation that someone knew about the tragedy before it was discovered. It was just a rumor that I had heard about from other people online who were speculating what the family emergency Chris was attending to. I made a big mistake by posting this comment on his page, since all we had were what we thought was going on and nothing about what actually was going on yet, and sadly what happened turned out to be my speculation at the time. I assumed wiki would edit out my information, which they did, so thats why I didn't go back to edit it out myself.

I know I keep repeating it but I feel terrible about the mainstream coverage this has received, since it was only a huge coincidence and a terrible event that should of never happened. I am not sure how to react, as hearing about my message becoming a huge part of the Benoit slayings made me feel terrible as everyone believes that it is connected to the tragedy, but it was just an awful coincidence. That is all I have to say, I will never post anything here again unless it is pure fact, no spam nothing like that. Thank you, and let this end this chapter of the Benoit story, and hopefully one day we will find out why this tragedy ever actually happened.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2455602;
    I found it very interesting that while in his horrific state of mind that Chris Benoit texted a message to a neighbor saying that the dogs are ok and are locked in the pool area and the side door is open.
    This is why the whole "roid rage" theory doesn't sit well with me. Who, whilst in a rage of any sort, has the clarity of thought, or sense of calm within them to take time to send text messages leaving clues as to what their address is, whereabouts on the property the dogs can be found etc....? Just doesn't make any sense to me.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

As far as the Wiki timeline, it could've been that the site has a different timing than the rest of us. For instance when I start a discussion on the classmates messageboard, Even if it's say 2:00pm, it'l say that I started it at 8 AM. So Wiki's time could be all askew and the time posted might not be the time at all.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2455602;
    I have been watching this unfold,as has our whole nation. Chris Benoit was part of the Canadian wrestling institution along with the Harts. This event is incredibly tragic to say the least.

I believe the facts for time of death are that the wife was bound and killed first. The son was killed some time after her death. And that soon after the son's death, was Chris's death. This all had to involve forethought and planning.

A man kills his wife, his son, plans to kill himself and leaves text messages so that their bodies will be found. And he makes sure the dogs are ok and says where they are?

The strange note on wikipedia is very weird. Who knows if they can find out who added that.

There is a family in my City who have 3 children with Fragile X syndrome. (genetic) One girl and two boys; all older than Chris's son. The family is managing fairly well. It leaves one to wonder if the Benoit family had proper knowledge of their son's illness and any medical help or supporting groups assisting them. It sounds like they were all so very alone in all of this.

I've heard that Chris Benoit will be buried in Montreal, Canada, and that his wife and son will be buried in Georgia, USA. I think in itself is sad as well.
    I took the dogs are locked up to mean... it would be safe for anyone to enter because the dogs are secured and wouldn't attack anyone going to in to find the bodies. I dont think it was meant so muc as they dogs are ok, but anyone entering would be safe.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

^ I took it that way as well.

Chris Benoit's doctor charged

Doctor linked to Chris Benoit charged with illegally distributing drugs

Phil Astin III, who was the doctor of pro wrestling star Chris Benoit, was charged in federal court in Atlanta on Monday with seven counts of illegal distribution of painkillers and other drugs.

Astin came under scrutiny by the Drug Enforcement Administration after injectable anabolic steroids and other drugs were found inside Benoit's Fayetteville, Ga., home after he and his family were found dead June 25.

However, the charges against Astin stem from the records of two other patients — identified in court records only by the initials M.J. and O.G. — showing Astin gave them painkillers and other drugs for medical purposes that prosecutors say aren't legitimate.

Astin is charged with wrongly prescribing drugs, including Percocet, Xanax and amphetamine-containing Adderall. He pleaded not guilty and was under house arrest until he could post $125,000 bond.

M.J. and O.G. received a combined 3,650 tablets from April 2004 to September 2005, court records showed.

Astin told investigators he wrongly provided undated prescriptions for drugs that Assistant U.S. Atty. John Horn wrote "have a high potential for abuse that can lead to severe psychological or physical dependence."

An investigator with the DEA reported in a sworn statement accompanying the indictment against Astin that a Fayetteville pharmacist said the Carrollton, Ga,. doctor provided Benoit with a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids every three to four weeks in the year that led up to the pro wrestling star killing his wife, son and himself late last month.

The DEA raided Astin's office after the doctor told a reporter he provided Benoit testosterone and met with the 40-year-old World Wrestling Entertainment performer hours before Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, by asphyxiation, and then hanged himself.

DEA investigator Anissa Jones wrote that a preliminary review of Astin's prescription writing showed he authorized "approximately 1 million dosage units of various pharmaceutical controlled substances in the last two years, [including] significant quantities of injectable testosterone cypionate, an anabolic steroid."

Jones also wrote that Benoit has been identified in a separate DEA investigation of a company, RX Weight Loss, "as an excessive purchaser of injectable steroids."
    I'm glad someone is being held accountable, to some extent. Though it's far too late to do the Benoit family any good.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

From all the talking heads on tv it seems he was arrested not for giving roids to benoit. The Dr. was arrested for prescribing unneeded drugs to patients and Benoit was not mentioned in the arrest warrant.

+ Reply to Thread