+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

WWE News: The Rock/Spyhunter/RAW..../Bradshaw

John Bradshaw Layfield will be on the Howard Stern radio show this Friday morning at 7:30 AM EST.

The poster for Rock's upcoming movie "Spyhunter" has been released. The poster features Rock in the background wearing a leather jacket, with a nice looking silver car in the front with machine guns firing ahead. The Spyhunter logo is on the bottom as well as "The ROCK." The movie will be in theaters in 2005.

RAW will be in Miami next week which is Rock's hometown. Rock has already mentioned that he will definately be at the show if he has a free schedule, and there is a lot of feeling that WWE set up the possibility of his return to RAW perfectly, with the Triple H/Eugene angle where Rock can come in and be there for Eugene when Triple H turns his back on him.

Also The Rock will be playing Marvels Sub-Marina, a Marvel version of Aqua Man. No Release date for that.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

WWE NEWS: June 20, 2004: RVD leaving WWE???

Rob Van Dam's contract will expire on 6/27, but from what I've heard he has verbally agreed to a new multi-year deal with the company. Though, as of last word he has not officially re-signed.
    There had been some talk which has recently subsided, that RVD would be leaving the company once his current contract was up. But there is some feeling that if RVD does leave WWE, there will really be nowhere else for him to go due to the fact that Japan is not what it once was nowadays and most guys who work with WWE don't fathom the idea of going back to Japan. The money is less over there and the style of wrestling is physically harder on the body, as well as the audience response being a lot less.
    Many feel that RVD could do well working indies short-term, though he wouldn't even come near what he is earning in WWE and many feel that it is much too big of a risk to take with a career such as this.

WWE NEWS: June 20, 2004: Stone Cold Steve Austin / Goldberg

Former WWE superstar "Stone Cold" Steve Austin has declined offers to work for Dreamstage Entertainment in Japan, despite the offering being well worth his while. Apparently Austin is worried that if he can't draw in Japan, it will hurt his status with WWE.
    Meanwhile, Bill Goldberg contunies to work for Dreamstage. As it stands, it doesn't look likely that he'll be returning to WWE anytime soon, if ever.
    Both Test and Scott Steiner have been medically cleared to return to the ring but WWE has no plans to use them anytime soon. WWE is planning to just let Scott Steiner's contract run itself out.
    As it stands, it looks as though Christopher Nowinski will never be able to wrestle again due to his concussion syndrome.

WWE NEWS: June 20, 2004: Bradshaw on Howard Stern

John Bradshaw Layfield made an appearance on Howard Stern's syndicated radio show friday morning to speak about his recent firing from CNBC. While Stern interviews several WWE wrestlers each year, he admitted to not watching WWE, but rather, recognizing Layfield from CNBC. Throughout the interview, Stern was sympathetic to Layfield for his actions in Germany.
    Confirming that WWE had no part in scripting his actions, Layfield stated that he "makes fun of everybody he can," and that his character is a cross between JR Ewing, Pat Buchanan and David Duke.
    Making the same argument he did in a recent news article, Layfield stated that criticizing a pro wrestler for a heel promo is like calling an actor like Anthony Hopkins a cannibal because he portrayed Hannibal Lecter.
    Despite the report that a fan attempted to attack him, Bradshaw denied any allegations that fans in the arena protested and stated that it was NOT illegal in Germany when under the scope of entertainment.
    As a reponse to a fan who wondered whether he felt the outbreak of controversy was backlash for his anti-Internet comments several weeks prior to the incident, he agreed, stating that his firing was the result of "some little guy that had a pro wrestling website" who e-mailed the network. While this reporter certainly would not be able to confirm the true reason he was fired, especially since he had not gotten in trouble for past racist and anti-homosexual comments, there was some talk going around that various websites did encourage readers to e-mail the network regarding Bradshaw's actions.
    Bradshaw was never formally informed of his release from CNBC, but stated that he would not consider a lawsuit against the network.
    Other tidbits from the interview including Bradshaw announcing his engagement to FOX News' Meredith Whitney and that he condemns Hitler's actions during Nazi Germany.

WWE NEWS: Chavo Classic drugged and robbed?

As reported over the past few weeks, Chavo Classic had been telling people that he left the WWE because he had been mad at the storylines they were trying to get him to do, and that they weren't treating him like a legendary wrestling on TV.
    Here's a story that has not yet been reported. When WWE company officials finally got in contact with Chavo after he no-showed the St. Louis and Springfield house shows, Chavo claimed that he was drugged and robbed, which was why he was out of contact with the company. The story that he gave was that he had gotten a $6,500 check and then went out to El Paso to celebrate, before being drugged and robbed.
    Given Chavo's past track record, management did not buy the story at all due to the fact that Chavo had been totally out of contact for two straight days. Also, the fact that he had never told this story to anyone else after being fired may indicate that they are correct in their assumptions. A funny story nonetheless.

*John can't help but notice that someone in here is apparently talking to himself*

WWE **SPOILERS** for Smackdown to be aired on 7/1/04

**SPOILERS** WWE SmackDown! & Velocity Taping

Results

Dark Match

Shannon Moore defeated Carly Colon with a corkscrew moonsault. Fayetteville isnt far from Raleigh, Moores hometown, so he got a good pop to start the night. Several Shannon chants during the match.

Velocity Tapings

FBI defeated The Basham Brothers when Nunzio and Stamboli hit their tag team-finishing maneuver and got the three count. The crowd was into the FBI, as they played the role of the good guys in this contest. Did they turn babyface on Velocity or something? This was a pretty solid match. Nunzio was very entertaining, as usual, and he and the Bull did some solid tag team work.

Charlie Haas defeated Mark Jindrak when Haas hit a German suplex pin to score the pinfall. Before the match, Teddy Long hyped the Reflection of Perfection and Jindrak stared at himself in the mirror. Haas was also pretty over (hot-crowd). Jindrak is quite the athlete, but still needs some work in terms of wrestling. Decent match.

Paul London and Billy Kidman defeated the Dudley Boyz via DQ (non-title match) when Brian Hebner was pulled from the ring while counting a pin attempt following a Billy Kidman Shooting Star Press on Dvon.There were a lot of Tables chants and Bubba mouthed off to the crowd quite a bit to ensure he got the heat he wanted.

Just before the SD tapings, several officials came out and set-up red, white, and blue banners all around the ring.

SMACKDOWN TAPINGS

The show opened Kurt Angle on the Titantron. He said that at the Great American Bash, as true travesty had taken place in the Texas Bullrope Match. He continued by saying that the travesty was that Nick Patrick had declared Eddie Guerrero the winner when, in fact, he hadnt won. Luckily, said Angle, the GM had gone down to the ring and made the right decision in giving JBL the title. Kurt then introduced the new WWE Champion, JBL.
    JBL came to the ring and cut a promo on winning the WWE title and being a champion that we could all be proud of. The basic gist of this segment was to get across that the JBL-Eddie feud isnt quite over and that tonight, JBL would defend the WWE title against someone who was at the Great American Bash (I immediately thought of Spike Dudley). He also mentioned that Eddie wasnt here tonight. Entertaining stuff from the new champ also of note were the number of Eddie chants during this segment&
    Booker T defeated RVD and Rene Dupree in Triple Threat match to determine the number one contender for the US title. This was a good triple threat match that was given the proper time to develop and turned out with no blown spots. Should come across well on TV. The crowd was really into Rob Van Dam, as there were numerous chants of RVD.

Backstage, JBL was visiting in the locker room with Cena, Book, the Dudleys, and Rey Mysterio. Basically, he announced that despite the fact that all the above were good performers, he had chosen Spike Dudley to be his opponent tonight with the WWE title on the line.

Rey Mysterio defeated Mordecai when Mysterio countered the Crucifix powerbomb into a hurricarana pin. Yes, you read that right; the cruiserweight champion defeated the second coming of the Undertaker. this was a good match, decent overall effort, nice to see Rey get the win.

Backstage, Luther Reigns was talking to referee Charles Robinson about the mistake he made in the Torrie-Sable match at the Great American Bash. Apparently, Robinson made the three count on Torrie despite her shoulders not even touching the mat. Kurt Angle says- Re-match with Robinson as ref again.

Paul Heyman made his way to the ring and showed us all what happened at the Great American Bash again. Paul Bearer is dead and the Undertaker apparently did do the right thing because he got rid of his conscience on his own. Heyman said that Taker was now unleashed and would be a more dominant force than ever and he owed it all to the brilliant mind of the former Paul B. Dangerously. Heyman went on to say that he expects to be repaid. Suddenly, lightning bolts strike the post and the Undertaker appears on the tron. Taker said that he had felt he had to get rid of Paul Bearer because he was his only weakness. He then said that since he had killed the only person who meant anything to him; just imagine what he was going to do to Heyman. Heyman looked stunned.

Torrie defeated Sable, crowd was alive when the ladies came out. Well, at the conclusion of the Torrie vs. Sable match, Angle though that Robinson needed more punishment for screwing up on Pay Per View, so he booked him in a match against Luther Reigns. Reigns came down and they wrestled to a no conest because Charlie Haas came down and made the save.

Kenzo Suzuki made his way to the ring and cut a promo that was entirely down in Japanese he got the WHAT!? chant after everything he said. Then John Cena came out and proceeded to translate everything Suzuki had just said. It was a very fun segment, as even though Cena got a little corny at times, he still managed to make something entertaining of the horrible Kenzo Suzuki. BTW, they kept showing a Cena vs. Booker T match for the US title on the screen&I ASSUME thats going to happen next week, which is sweet.

Backstage, JBL was making his was toward the arena, shaking hands and acting all political on everyone, when he walked past Eddie Guerreros car. After getting conformation that it was indeed Latino Heats low-rider, he continued his way to the arena with a far-off look.
    JBL defeated Spike Dudley when Layfield connected with a powerbomb to pick up the pinfall victory. The crowd was all over Bradshaw and he received more Bradshaw sucks chants than I can recall. Several Eddie chants, as well. Afterward, though, Eddie Guerrero came out (about a split second after the bell signaling the end of JBLs first title defense was rung) to MASSIVE POP He brawled with JBL, gave the champ a low blow, and then nailed a DDT before ascending to the top rope for Frog Splash. Unfortunately for us, Layfield slid away at the last second. He then got on the microphone and told us that before Angle had become GM, he had managed to secure a re-match clause in his contract. The interesting part was that the re-match clause specifically stated that Latino Heat could choose the type of match in the re-match. So, in two weeks, Eddie will challenge JBL for the title in a STEEL CAGE MATCH! SWEET!!!!
    Thats likely where the TV taping ends. The crowd was awesome tonight, as we were red hot for everything. Not a single match went without some sort of massive chant, but it was clear who drew the biggest pops and the most heat.
    Biggest Pops-
    1) Eddie Guerrero (by far unreal how over he was with the NC crowd)
    2) Cena
    3) Taker
    Most Heat-
    1) John Bradshaw Layfield (by far see Eddie comments above)
    2) Paul Heyman
    3) Kurt Angle

Quote Originally Posted by John
    *John can't help but notice that someone in here is apparently talking to himself*

I know I know John, but hey I'm trying, I get a reply every once in a while. But I get a lot of responces on the Smackdown Spoilers, I don't expect replys there, just lookers. I got Spoilers for tomorrows show up.

WWE **SPOILER** for 7/8/04 Smackdown: 3 men loose there championship belt!!!

Smackdown Tapings:Spoiler

This was said to been a really good Smackdown, one of the best all year, check out the spoilers and dont miss Smackdown on your local UPN station tomorrow ight 7/8/04

*Rob Van Dam defeated Mark Jindrak. Rene Dupree did commentary at ringside.

*Josh Matthews interviewed WWE champion John Bradshaw Layfield backstage. Bradshaw said he was going to fight a real champion, "El Luchadore" from Mexico later on tonight.

*Paul London & Billy Kidman defeated The Dudley Boyz to win the WWE Tag Team championships.

*Backstage, the wrestlers congratulated Billy Kidman and Paul London for their title win. The Dudleys came up to Kidman and London and shook their hands.

*Charlie Haas came to the ring to wrestle. Backstage, Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns announced that Haas was suspended for a week, but would face Reigns next week on Smackdown.

*Josh Matthews interviewed Kenzo Suzuki. Hiroki (Suzuki's wife) told the crowd that Suzuki loved the United States to get heat from Canadian fans. It appeared this was for the live crowd.

*WWE United States champion John Cena was rapping about Booker T. Kenzo Suzuki came out and brawled with Cena. Cena got the upper hand. Suzuki was knocked out of the ring. Luther Reigns came to the ring and laid out Cena.

*"El Gran Luchadore" defeated WWE champion John Bradshaw Layfield by countout. Eddie Guerrrero came down to the ring dressed like Luchadore and switched places with him. Guerrero hit the triple suplex combination and did his "Latino Heat" dance. Bradshaw realized it and left the ring, getting counted out.

*Backstage, The Dudleys confronted Spike Dudley and said that even though Spike didn't help them, they wanted to help him. Spike turned them down.
    Chavo Guerrero & Jamie Noble & Akio defeated Spike Dudley & Rey Misterio & Scotty Too Hotty when Noble pinned Dudley. This was said to have been a really good match.

*Paul Heyman did an interview inside the ring, placing the urn down inside the ring and telling The Undertaker (who did not appear) that everything that had happened the last few weeks was the idea of the Dudley Boyz.

*WWE United States champion John Cena pinned Booker T with the FU. Kurt Angle and Luther Reigns came to ringside. Cena accidentally hit Angle with a clothesline after Booker ducked. He then took out Reigns with Angle's cane. After the pin, Reigns attacked Cena and grabbed the US title and walked off. Angle announced that Cena had been warned that if he put his hands on Angle, there would be reprecussions and there are - Angle then announced that Cena was stripped of the United States championship.

After they went off the air, Booker T attacked Cena. Cena chased off Booker T and then did some mic work to send off the live crowd.

WWE NEWS: Undertaker/Lita & Kane/Eddie Guerrero/Kurt Angle's in ring return

The focus on WWE.com as it pertains to Sunday's Vengeance Pay Per View has been primarily Kane, Lita, and Matt Hardy. Tomorrow, it's likely to switch to one of the title bouts, Benoit & HHH or Orton & Edge.

Also advertised on WWE.com currently, Byte This! featuring call-in guests RAW General Manager Eric Bischoff and WWE Champion John Bradshaw Layfield.

Eddie Guerrero wasn't thrilled about losing the WWE Championship to JBL. According to one source, friends of Guerrero had grown concerned that he was putting too much pressure on himself to deliver as champion, and uphold championship status. Some say Guerrero took it personal when business dropped during his run. Business as champion wasn't on the verge of getting any better, as WWE had originally planned to have a program with Guerrero and Mordecai, who was recently sent to OVW for more development, likely after SummerSlam.

The top SmackDown! matches on SummerSlam this year are looking to be Undertaker as a babyface challenging John Bradshaw Layfield for the WWE Championship, while Eddie Guerrero will be taking on Kurt Angle in Angle's in-ring return to PPV. It's not clear yet what involvement Paul Heyman will have in the Undertaker/JBL storyline.

+ Reply to Thread