+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

Re: WWE

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2452332;
    Have they changed wrestling now so that there is an off-season and repeats? They did not have an off-season back when I used to be a regular viewer.
    Not that I know of. Of course I could be mistaken.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

The quick google search I just did indicates that there is no off-season. So if there is, it's a very new development.

LG.

I understand the concept of wishing even a murderer the chance to "rest in peace", as nilesgirl's avatar asks. While the part of me that appreciates justice feels that murders don't deserve peaceful rest, I can understand that there's a mindset among a great many people on this planet that god forgives everyone, that murderers may be tortured souls themselves, etc. I don't disdain that belief, even if I'm not sure if I agree with it.

To me, whether Chris Benoit is burning in hell, at peaceful rest, or gone from all modes of existence totally is a bit separate from the rest of this issue. The bulk of this has to do with the living, not the dead, and I think that for the sake of the living, the kind of reflection and respect you and I both seem to agree was necessary after these events had to happen. And didn't, of course, thanks to some real cock-ups at the WWE.

I do find myself able to smile at Phil Hartman appearances. Heck, I can even have a weird appreciation of OJ Simpson's athletic grace the rare times I see him in vintage footage. I guess, with time, some of us are able to set up a filter in our minds to separate one part of a legacy from others. But even for someone like Hartman... an interval of less than a day is too soon. Even with someone who wasn't a murderer--a victim and not a perpetrator, it would have been too soon.

Shame on the WWE. I felt it a bit last night, but the more I think about it, the more I come to that conclusion. I don't care if I was wrong and they don't have some archive of repeats around they could have picked from. USA was NOT going to get on their case about canceling the program, because USA's own reputation was at stake too. They could have easily had the network air something else, and I bet the network was ready to do so if asked.
    Last edited by Krom; 06-26-2007 at 03:22 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I read a story where His wife killed their son then called him to come home due to an emergency, in a rage he supposedly kills her then kills himself.
    Unfortunately i don't have a link so i can't post it. Either way it's all sorts of bad.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Amy, do you remember where you saw that? Not a link but if you at least remember where you read it. And that would be a pretty amazing feat seeing as how the officials have already determined that Nancy died first on Saturday and then Daniel on Sunday.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

From the comments section at Tmz.
    I'd fault the WWE except i just don't think that they knew.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2452370;
    From the comments section at Tmz.

that's about the least reliable source I can think of. I'll stick with believing the facts as the police state them.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2452370;
    Oh I agree its likely they didn't know. They might have suspected, but they didn't know.

But lets say they didn't even suspect. My contention is that even if Chris Benoit WAS the golden hero people expected him to be, that an insta-tribute was improper. Again, this may be my particular peccadillo... but I don't think so. I think nostalgia without a proper interval is disgusting. I don't often use strong absolute words like "disgusting", but to me, in this case, it fits. It may not have come off like that to everyone, but to me you need the cushion of reflection (and for friends and fans some healing time and time for proper grief), before you wax nostalgic.

The more I reason it out, the more it seems like WWE MUST have had choices about what to do about their scheduled show--even if not repeats then appealing to USA. Or even if they defaulted on something, and USA were bastards about it, and WWE wound up owing USA some money, that would have been better than what they actually did.

that's about the least reliable source I can think of. I'll stick with believing the facts as the police state them.
    100% agreed. I'm prepared to get on my horse about tributes, but to me that has nothing to do with the facts of this case. Of which... there don't appear to be enough yet.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

If this past sunday was the paperview, they were likely going to have the champion defend his title again, set up mathces for the next payperview and continue the McMahon storyline.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me

Yes, this past Sunday was Vengance. Apparantly, Benoit called the offices and told them that Daniel was "coughing up blood" hence the "personal reasons" JR mentioned when explaining why Chris wasn't there. It's now looking more like Nancy was killed some time Friday, Daniel some time after that and then Chris hung himself hours, but no more than a day, after killing Daniel. Thanks to GERWECK.NET

+ Reply to Thread