+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

Re: WWE

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13
    From what the news is saying, they believe that he killed his wife and son during the weekend and then later killed himself. I'm having a hard time feeling much for him if that is the case. If someone else did it, I'll eat my hat. But if not, how in the world could you shoot your child?
    No gun was used. They said the "instruments" used were found at the scene but did not elaborate as to what. The only thing they would say was that it was not a gun. Here is the lowdown on when and where the family died according to an article on WWE.com:
    Nancy: Saturday: Living Room
    Daniel: Sunday: His Bedroom
    Chris: Monday: His weightroom
    They're still not ruling out that all 3 of them were murdered but they are definitely leaning towards the idea that it was a double murder-suicide. I kind of had a feeling that that would be the case. Whenever a robber enters a house, you always see them using a gun. They said no gun was used. And if it were a robbery, Daniel probably would've been hiding in his room and they wouldn't even know he was there. Not to mention a robber would've killed both parents at once. So we rule that out. Now, something Stone Cold said about Chris last night struck a cord with me and this is why I thought murder-suicide. He said: "Chris was the kind of guy...the whole world could be crumbling down around him and you'd never know it because he just held everything together." Now, if you go through your whole life holding in your emotions and not telling someone when things are going wrong, something is bound to give way and you're liable to snap. So it sadly doesn't surprise me that Chris did this if he was that desperate. Apparently he sent a curious text message to Chavo on Monday morning. They didn't say what it was but it was enough to have WWE call the police and ask them to check on the residence.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I am so saddened at this news. Chris was an awesome wrestler - one whose talents are irreplaceable. He could wrestle a match like few others.

So many of these guys are dying off. Owen Hart, Curt Hennig, Guerrero and now Benoit...

I'm still trying to make sense of it all. I hope they can soon sort the real details of what happened. It is hard to believe Chris would take the lives of his wife and his young son. I pray this isn't true. My condolences to both families.

Goodbye Rabid Wolverine - you'll be sorely missed.

A sad day indeed. : (
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I think it's incredibly inappropriate to have any kind of a "tribute" to a man who killed his wife and his seven-year-old child. My stomach is churning thinking about what that little boy suffered while his mom was laying dead in the family's living room. At least it looks like the WWE has pulled any kind of "tribute" off their website.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'd have to agree with you, but has it been confirmed that he in fact killed them? Maybe WWE should have waited until the details of the incident were confirmed before doing a tribute show.

I agree that someone who murders ANYONE, whether it be wife or child, does not deserve a tribute show. It'd be almost like condoning the person's behaviour. I have been hoping very much that Chris didn't carry out this horrific tragedy, but so far, everything I've read seems to indicate that he did.

Just goes to show that one never knows what is going on in the next person's life - their secret pain, private hell or whatever....

Who could have seen this coming? Does anyone know if a suicide note was found?

From what I know, they believe that this is how it happened but as I said they are also not ruling out that all 3 were murdered. My first instinct was to look at the other son (I don't know how old he is). I've been watching too much Amityville Horror. LOL
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Does anyone know what time the three were found yesterday? I think that when it comes to the question of whether or not the WWE should have run a tribute show last night, that is a cricial piece of information. They were contractually bound to put on a live TV show last night. Suddenly, they were faced with the news of the tragedy and had to deal with two things -- 1) Their employees reacting to the news of what happened (the on-air people as well as the behind the scenes people needed to make the show happen) and 2) What to do about a live TV show they had to do.

WWE is not like some other TV shows where airing a re-run was an option. If they had received news of the suspicion on the circumstances of the death by the time they had to make the decision on what to do with the show (and that's a big if) they still have to fill the hours of programming that USA expects from them. If they had decided that the show must go on because a tribute would not be appropriate, would we be debating the cruelty of forcing all those employees to do a normal show in spite of the news they'd just heard? And if they don't do a normal show, and don't do a tribute show, how do they fill the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2452164;
    Does anyone know what time the three were found yesterday?
    2:30 PM.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;2452151;
    My first instinct was to look at the other son (I don't know how old he is).
    His other son from a previous relationship? How old is he?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'd think if they had enough time to edit together a tribute AND the WWE were the ones who reported the suspicious text messages to the police, they had enough to go on that would have proven that the better part of caution was to not air a tribute just yet. If it turned out that Benoit wasn't a child and wife murderer, then there's all the time in the world for an appropriate tribute. Otherwise, WWE could eat the loss of the air time and USA could air three episodes of Law & Order like they do every other night.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2452164;
    Does anyone know what time the three were found yesterday? I think that when it comes to the question of whether or not the WWE should have run a tribute show last night, that is a cricial piece of information. They were contractually bound to put on a live TV show last night. Suddenly, they were faced with the news of the tragedy and had to deal with two things -- 1) Their employees reacting to the news of what happened (the on-air people as well as the behind the scenes people needed to make the show happen) and 2) What to do about a live TV show they had to do.

WWE is not like some other TV shows where airing a re-run was an option. If they had received news of the suspicion on the circumstances of the death by the time they had to make the decision on what to do with the show (and that's a big if) they still have to fill the hours of programming that USA expects from them. If they had decided that the show must go on because a tribute would not be appropriate, would we be debating the cruelty of forcing all those employees to do a normal show in spite of the news they'd just heard? And if they don't do a normal show, and don't do a tribute show, how do they fill the time?

They still should have done a live show but should have done just a regular show. That would have been the better option in my opinion. Vince could have made some sort of a statement at the beginning of the show about how saddened the WWE was about the news of Chris' passing. That would have been the safer and more ethical route to go until more information about the tragedy came to light.

+ Reply to Thread