+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

Quote Originally Posted by DezBelle
    hahaha that will be just a little hard to do since I'm a dude hahahah. Now if they were looking for the next WWE superstar??? hmmmm, nah I can't see getting my @ss kicked almost everynight, even if a lot of the punches are pulled, those chest slaps hurt like hell, and getting suplexed is no joke. I get to go back stage alot. Those guys work hard. Now I would love to be a ref or one of the annoncers, but you are on the road 4 days out of the week. What about you, are you ging for it?
    Nah, EXlurker won't allow me to. He said I should "know my role."

FORT Newbie
    Is there any new talent coming up that looks promising? I don't see the WWE as being a major force much longer. They have done every plot line over and over. I still watch if nothing else is on, but the shows aren't what they used to be.
    www.fanoftv.com for info on shows and casting calls

LT1
    With no real competition to draw away fans, there is real push create better story lines. Before WCW became a real force, WWE booking was horrible like it is now.

Don't really watch it much anymore since most of the stuff they show is too mature for kids to see.

LT1
    Hey AIWANNABE, actually Vince wrestled (excuse the pun) with the ideal of bringing back ECW (since he owns it now) but put it off right now, he wants to get his cable chanel WWE 24/7 up and running first. He still might bring it back later

It would be cool if they brought back ECW. I saw them live during the first and only time they came out to Los Angeles at the Grand Olympic Auditorium. I remember the whole stable got onto a fight with a local Extreme promotion, that happened to be sitting in the front row, when the main event was going on. That fight real and spilled out into street.

WWE News:JBL Fired from CNBC & WWE/First interview with JBL...

Well JBL (bradshaw) was fired this week for giving the hitler sign in Germanys Smackdown show. CNBC fired him and is been said WWE has fired him(but thats not confirmed). Here is his first interview today from the Washington Post.

CNBC Wrestles With a Bad-Boy Image
    By Lisa de Moraes

Thursday, June 10, 2004;

Three weeks after announcing it had hired WWE wrestling bad boy John "Bradshaw" Layfield as a financial analyst for the network, CNBC said yesterday it was shocked to learn that JBL was in fact a WWE bad boy and it sacked him for doing the Nazi goose step and stiff-armed salute during a World Wrestling Entertainment match in Munich.
    That, Layfield told The TV Column, is something he'd done before when performing in Germany both for WWE and for a German wrestling outfit, and is among the "reprehensible" things the character he plays has done.
    "We find his behavior to be offensive, inappropriate and not befitting anyone associated with our network," the NBC cable financial network said in a statement about Layfield, who wrote the book "Have More Money Now: A Commonsense Approach to Financial Management." "They hung me out to dry," Layfield told The TV Column. "I was playing a character. It's the same as Vin Diesel playing a Nazi." Layfield insists he's not an anti-Semite and says he made the gestures to incite the German audience to root for his opponent, Eddie Guerrero, during the Munich match.
    "I'm a bad guy [on WWE]. I'm supposed to incite the crowd. I've done [the Nazi gestures] for decades. I really didn't think anything of it -- I know how bad it is, I've lived [in Germany]. I've been to Dachau, seen those places where they exterminated millions of Jews." But, Layfield continued, "I draw the line between me and my character. That's like saying Anthony Hopkins really enjoys cannibalism." Layfield said he had discussed his WWE character with CNBC before taking the contract and even had language put into the contract saying the network understood the nature of the role he played for WWE. "The only thing they asked me not to play was a stock market cheat or fraud. Other than that, they said they totally understood, that it was like [California Gov.] Arnold Schwarzenegger playing a cyborg. . . . "I thought I had it covered. I thought they understood the character is a bad guy and is going to do bad things," he said. "[JBL] has done some reprehensible things recently.
    "I'm the worst bad guy they have on ['WWE Smackdown!']," he added. Though a WWE spokesman acknowledged that JBL had done the goose step and Nazi salute before, the organization also put out a statement saying that Layfield had been reprimanded for last weekend's gesture. "What he did in the ring was not probably the best thing to have done," the WWE rep told The TV Column. "We all understood why he did it and know that his intentions were good ones in terms of trying to make it the best experience for the fans and his fellow professional Eddie Guerrero -- to get the fans even more with [Guerrero], which is what John was supposed to do as the bad guy." A CNBC spokeswoman said the network first received word of the incident via e-mails. She did not elaborate and referred to the CNBC statement in response to additional questions.
    It would seem that CNBC was okay with the fact that Layfield's character recently was seen on UPN telecasts of "Smackdown!" as a Hispanic-taunting anti-immigration fanatic.
    Layfield says his character has turned into "JR Ewing meets Pat Buchanan":
    "Most of my promos are straight out of Pat Buchanan's run for election. That's where I got it from -- preaching against immigration, the fact that they're teaching in Spanish in public schools, and I say 'Spanish' with a despicable look, like I want to throw up. I got all of this from Pat Buchanan."
    CNBC apparently also was fine with the fact that in a column on the WWE Web site, JBL wrote of his detractors: "How long has it been since you guys that spend all your time reporting on us have been with a woman other than your mother? After all, when I see you in airports hanging out, you are always with guys. You guys don't have a questionable sexual orientation do you?"
    Layfield penned that bit on May 11, just six days after CNBC announced proudly that it had signed the wrestler and author, who'd been a guest on that network and others, including Fox News Channel, as a contributor on several shows.
    "John brings a fresh perspective to the stock market, politics and finance," CNBC said in its announcement. "We are excited that he is part of our team and look forward to his engaging, entertaining insights."

2004 The Washington Post Company
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

WWE News: Brock Lesnar to return soon.

WWE officials fully expect Brock Lesnar to return to World Wrestling Entertainment once his NFL situation plays out. They expect that Lesnar will mature greatly and his life will calm down, which will cause him to realize just what kind of opportunity, with a few more years of full-time work for WWE, he would have to create a major long-term financial security to hold under his belt.

WWE News: Vince McMaho/Hulk Hogan/Sting

Vince McMahon was on "Off The Record" in Canada the other night, and the following are a few key points that he brought up during the interview: Vince said that Hulk Hogan is officially done with the active WWE roster. Although he said that once in a while Hogan may come in for the "odd pop" but "for the most part" Hogan is done with WWE. The reason for this, according to Vince, is that the investment isn't worth it on Hogan anymore. The Mr. McMahon character is no longer on TV for the same reason, because Vince feels as though it is not worth the investment at this point in time. Vince said that he would rather invest in young talent.
    During the "name game" when asked about Sting, Vince replied that he does not know him, and he doubts that he will come in to WWE due to the investment factor that he had earlier talked about regarding Hulk Hogan and the Mr. McMahon character.(Although it is reported Sting is in contract talks). Take that for what it's worth.

New Talent

Quote Originally Posted by tvfan30
    Is there any new talent coming up that looks promising? I don't see the WWE as being a major force much longer. They have done every plot line over and over. I still watch if nothing else is on, but the shows aren't what they used to be.

Well John Cena is the young Talent thats the hot thing right now, Rene DuPre is coming up, and they will be giving Mark Jendrack a big push soon, but Mordecai is going to be the new thing. Mordecai worked house shows over the weekend and was said to be very impressive. WWE has already stepped up his in-ring entrance with various pyro's and darkness throughout the arena. He is expected to work some sort of program soon vs The Undertaker very soon, mayb by SummerSlam...

Quote Originally Posted by LT1
    It would be cool if they brought back ECW. I saw them live during the first and only time they came out to Los Angeles at the Grand Olympic Auditorium. I remember the whole stable got onto a fight with a local Extreme promotion, that happened to be sitting in the front row, when the main event was going on. That fight real and spilled out into street.
    Yeah it would be cool to bring it back, he was almost there and was going to use Paul Heyman (the original owner) to manage it, but other programs he had to deal with, then recently he was thinking about it again, but he wants to concentrate on smackdown young talent and now dealing with this JBL mess. But since the Undertakers return, and RVD, Booker t, and the Dudley boys arival on SD, Smackdown ratings are up, and there stocks took a dive 2 weks ago, but they are back to normal now also.

WWE News: Chavo Classic (Sr.) Fired

Well Chavo Guerrero Sr. AKA Chavo Classic has been fired from the WWE for not showing up at the shows..Read: *
    Chavo "Classic" Guerrero, Sr. was released from WWE yesterday. He made his final appearance for WWE at last night's SmackDown! tapings.
    Chavo missed the house shows on Sunday and Monday. Many backstage were worried that something might have happened to Chavo, but it turns out that he merely blew off the shows without a good reason. Thus, WWE had no choice but to fire him. Considering he lucked into his position, it is rather surprising that he would take his role for granted. Some sources have also noted that Chavo would turn down various ideas in booking meetings, which did not help his situation.
    Guerrero did not try to argue his way out of the firing; he accepted it and moved on.

+ Reply to Thread