FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN SPOILERS FOR 4/7/06
***WARNING*** DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT TO WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY!!!
1. The Gymini (w/ Simon Dean) defeated CM Punk and Sterling James Keenan by pinfall.
2. Matt Hardy defeated Colt Cabana after the Twist of Fate. The crowd popped huge for Hardy's music. I guess the sound guy took notice, because he accidentally started playing his theme at the count of 2. After the match, Animal came out and destroyed Hardy with a chairshot against the ringpost.
Matthews and Romero come out Velocity.
1. Fit Finlay defeated Psychosis by pinfall.
2. Kid Kash & Jamie Noble defeated Scotty 2 Hotty and Funaki with a spear/clothesline combination on Funaki, scoring the pin. There were a lot of boos for Scotty.
3. Bobby Lashley (Chimmel kept his first name here, not sure about Finlay) defeated Vito after his version of the Dominator.
The SmackDown pyro went off after a few minutes and we were set for our first match...
1. Brian Kendrick & Paul London defeated MNM by pinfall after a quick roll-up. This match had a lot of near-falls and was pretty fast-paced.
Backstage, Booker T and Sharmell bounded into Teddy Long's office after Teddy got off the phone. Long inquired as to why Booker was so happy, and Booker said that they'd gotten a restraining order against Boogeyman. Long wasn't too happy.
2. Gunther Scott defeated Booker T by a roll-up after Boogey's music started to play. No Boogeyman in Peoria, though.
After the match, Teddy Long came out and made fun of the "music miscue." Once again, Long announced the winner to rub it in Booker's face.
Backstage, Benoit pumped up this Gunther Scott guy.
3. Chris Benoit defeated Simon Dean after using the Crippler Crossface.
Still with Benoit in the ring, a promo aired for JBL about how he's going to have some "Great American" celebration next week.
Backstage, Kurt Angle stares down Randy Orton pumping up. A video played before the break with Orton in it, too, so I thought that was kind of weird. I also thought it was odd that Orton was still on the show, despite his 60-day suspension. Anyway, Orton gets bitch-smacked by Kurt Angle and Angle screams "YEAH!" two times.
4. Rey Mysterio defeated Randy Orton after using two consecutive 619s and a West Coast Pop leg drop. The first was on the ring post, and then the other on the ropes.
On the screen, Palmer Cannon says the network does not endorse the following...
A Miz promo!
Backstage, Kristal interviews Rey. Rey says he wants to say "thank you."
More backstage - William Regal goes up to Pirate Paul and tries to smoothe things over. He wants to give Paul another chance. They argue over Paul's choice of attire and Paul makes a deal - if Regal wins, Regal can make Paul where whatever he wants. If Paul wins, Regal would "make for a buxom wench."
5. Pirate Paul defeated William Regal after the C4.
In Long's office, several members of the roster were assembled. Long said that the KING OF THE RING!~ tournament would be coming back, and that our first match next week would be...Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton!
Mark Henry cut a promo.
6. Undertaker vs. Mark Henry goes to a no-contest, I guess. Undertaker had taken Henry outside and was doing some damage until Daivari marched to the ring with a man of ungodly size. I BELIEVE it was Dalip Singh from OVW. Anyway, this guy comes in and puts a beating on the Undertaker. The Deadman stays down as this monster raises his arms and holds them, sets them down, holds them up again, and repeats the process a few more times. Finally they leave, and Undertaker slowly walks back.
Dark Cage match not on TV:
While they set up the cage, they aired videos on the troops and on the Divas.
DARK MATCH: JBL defeated Chris Benoit to retain the United States title in a steel cage match.A few minutes into the match JBL did the little Eddie dance and pointed up, but the fans booed what I thought was a nice little tribute. JBL put the 3 Amigos on Benoit, and Benoit came back with 3 of his own. A FINE-looking Jillian Hall got involved by distracting the ref as JBL tied Benoit to the top of the cage with the tag rope. Benoit struggled, but JBL ran out the door and back to his limo
BY THE WAY: as I stated...Randy Orton is suspened for 60 days but have no idea when Orton's going to serve his suspension? I thought when you got suspended, it was an immediate thing...