+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    It used to air on nbc a couple of decades ago, i think so now it's happening again.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Yes this saturday live, When WWE made there deal with USA network it was included in the deal, NBC (General electric) also owns USA network so they got there deal like they use to do back in the day when they were on USA and did the saturday night main event. It use to be on at 11:30 when they did not want to show a rerun od SNL, so this saturday, NBC, LIVE!!!! 8pm It will be 3 - 4 times a year

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Is this really going to be aired on NBC?? Live?

Can I ask why/how this happened? Or are there any links where I can check this out? It seems pretty crazy that WWE will be on NBC.
    I'll get you my pretty, and your little dog too...

I'm so psyched for Wrestlemania Sunday night!!! I know it's unlikely but I really hope HBK finally turns the tables on the McMahon's and kicks Vince's sorry &%@! And I think Mickie James needs a straight jacket. Seriously. The woman is even more psychotic than Victoria used to be. Victoria at least seems to have tamed a little but Mickie. What a wack-job! As far as Edge and Mick Foley goes, I think there will be a major upset. I think 1 of 2 things is going to happen. Either Edge is gonna beat Mick (which would be an upset) oooooor..... Edge will have Mick on the ropes and ask for Lita's help (Ask her to hit Mick with a chair or something) and instead of hitting Mick, she'll hit Edge. Now, she'll make it look like an accident but in actuality, this chair shot will be intentional and Edge will lose the match. Her motive? She's tired of Edge leaving her in the lurch whenever one of his opponents has her in a devestating move. It happened with Cena (I think. Can't remember right now) and another wrestler and then just recently, Edge didn't do anything to help her when Mick had her in that Mandibal (or whatever it's called) claw! She's gotta be getting tired of it. So she finally says "Enough is enough. I won't take it anymore. I'm done." What would be even more shocking is if not only does she intentionally give Edge a chair shot ending her relationship with him but as she's walking back up the catwalk, she's welcomed with open arms by Matt Hardy! LOL That would be so cool! As much as I love Edge.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I'm so psyched for Wrestlemania Sunday night!!! I know it's unlikely but I really hope HBK finally turns the tables on the McMahon's and kicks Vince's sorry &%@! And I think Mickie James needs a straight jacket. Seriously. The woman is even more psychotic than Victoria used to be. Victoria at least seems to have tamed a little but Mickie. What a wack-job! As far as Edge and Mick Foley goes, I think there will be a major upset. I think 1 of 2 things is going to happen. Either Edge is gonna beat Mick (which would be an upset) oooooor..... Edge will have Mick on the ropes and ask for Lita's help (Ask her to hit Mick with a chair or something) and instead of hitting Mick, she'll hit Edge. Now, she'll make it look like an accident but in actuality, this chair shot will be intentional and Edge will lose the match. Her motive? She's tired of Edge leaving her in the lurch whenever one of his opponents has her in a devestating move. It happened with Cena (I think. Can't remember right now) and another wrestler and then just recently, Edge didn't do anything to help her when Mick had her in that Mandibal (or whatever it's called) claw! She's gotta be getting tired of it. So she finally says "Enough is enough. I won't take it anymore. I'm done." What would be even more shocking is if not only does she intentionally give Edge a chair shot ending her relationship with him but as she's walking back up the catwalk, she's welcomed with open arms by Matt Hardy! LOL That would be so cool! As much as I love Edge.
    yeah I am to, I think Edge will win only because Folley likes to help the younger guys and put them over.

Stephania & HHH Baby news

Triple H has been telling people that he and Stephanie plan to bring the baby on the road with them on their luxury bus after Stephanie gives birth. On CNN Showbiz Tonight earlier this week, Triple H said that the baby is due on his birthday (July 27th). Also, he said that he and Stephanie don't know the sex of the baby. They want to be surprised.

WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony Recap

WWE Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony 2006 Recap

- The crowd has already been let in at the Rosemont Theatre, and a huge "We Want Bret" chant has broken out.

- They are using the same stage set as last year for the Hall Of Fame.

- All of the WWE stars arrived as a group at 6:45pm local time to take their seats in the front rows. There was a big pop for all the stars coming out. Jimmy Hart got a big pop as he entered.

-A huge "LOD" chant broke out for Road Warrior Animal as he walked in.

- There were loud boos and "You Screwed Bret" chants as Shawn Michaels entered and took his seat.

- Lilian Garcia came out to welcome the crowd to the event, and reminded them to be loud.

- Batista entered to a huge pop, and a chant broke out for him.

- The first induction of the evening was the Blackjacks, Mulligan & Lanza, who were inducted by Bobby Heenan. Heenan played an April Fool's joke on the crowd, telling them to look under their seats for an envelope with backstage passes. Mulligan remarked that the Blackjacks were part of "Americana", sandwiched between the Road Runner and the Cisco Kid every Saturday morning.

- Verne Gagne was inducted next, by his son Greg. Greg said that "twenty years ago if you told him they'd induct Verne, he'd say you were out of your minds" and then noted, "and no, this doesn't mean we joined 'a very special club'." Greg then thanked the McMahons for all they have done for wrestling. Greg then talked about the Gagne family, and then listed the people Verne had trained, including Ken Patera, Jim Brunzell, The Andersons (which got a big pop), Ric Flair, The Iron Sheik, Chris Taylor, Buddy Rose, Sgt. Slaughter, Ricky Steamboat and Curt Hennig. Greg then spoke about the formation of the AWA and the stars it created, naming Hulk Hogan and Jesse Ventura.

- Verne Gagne then made his acceptance speech. At one point he mentioned Vince McMahon, which drew boos from the crowd, and Verne remarked "I never liked the guy either". Verne said that being put in the Hall Of Fame meant the world to him. There crowd chanted "One More Match" at Verne. Verne closed his speech by complimenting McMahon on putting together "the greatest wrestling promotion".

- William "The Refrigerator" Perry was next, inducted by John Cena. Almost the entire building was booing John Cena, and a "Cena Sucks" chant started up. Cena remarked "It seems everyone is ready for Wrestlemania". They showed HHH on the screens, and the place popped. The crowd was not letting Cena talk, and Triple H stood up briefly at one point, resulting in chants of "Triple H" and "One More Day". The crowd then chanted "F*** You Cena" as Cena tried to do a Howard Cosell impersonation. Music started to play as Cena talked in an attempt to drown out the crowd, who were now chanting "Boring". The fans continued to boo Cena, while the screens above the stage focused on a small group of fans who were clapping for Cena.

- William Perry then made his acceptance speech, talking about playing for the Chicago Bears, and how he never knew that would lead to him being in the ring with wrestlers he watched while growing up like Andre The Giant, Big John Studd, Tony Atlas and the Killer Bees (yes, he said the Killer Bees).

- Sensational Sherri Martel is next, inducted by Ted DiBiase. During the video package for Sherri, there was a big pop from the crowd when Randy Savage appeared in a clip. The crowd also booed every sign of Shawn Michaels in the video package. DiBiase received a standing ovation from the crowd as he came out. DiBiase put over Sherri for her toughness, noting she fought for everything she had, and came from a broken home, never knowing her dad. DiBiase said Sherri proves you should never be told you can't achieve your dreams. He said she shows the passion it takes to be a wrestling star, and she wanted to do this from the time she saw her first show in an auction barn. She moved to Memphis because she wanted to become a star, and there was a company based there, where she was trained by Butch Moore. DiBiase says that Sherri went on to become one of the greatest of all times, and that she was the first lady to hold both the WWF and AWA Women's Titles. DiBiase then went over her managerial career, noting how she did everything she could to make her charges the biggest stars she could.

- Sherri made her acceptance speech. She talked about how she got to watch all the big stars grow in the business, naming Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and Big Show. A fan yelled for Macho Man, and Sherri said "Now, that was a psycho ... and it took a psycho like me to work with him". Sherri noted how many different people she worked with, and joked to Pat Patterson, who was in the crowd, that she was jealous because "he keeps partners longer than she does". She then asked Booker T why he lost Sharmell to the Boogeyman when Booker never lost her when they were together. A fan yelled "She's drunk" and Sherri responded "I worked 26 years for this and you paid for your ticket, so be quiet". Sherri then thanked everyone she worked with, including Pat Rose, Buddy Rose, Nailz, Randy Savage, Tom Prichard, Shawn Michaels, and last, but not least, Ted DiBiase and Ric Flair. She then told a story about going out drinking with Ric Flair before signing divorce papers, but couldn't remember which husband she was divorcing. Sherri also thanked Eric Bischoff, who was in attendance, for her job in WCW. Sherri talked more about working with Flair, and about with Harlem Heat, saying she was closer to them than her own family. Sherri said that Harlem Heat taught her what having brothers is like, and that "there are no colors in wrestling, just brothers". A fan was yelling something from the balcony, but the fans drowned him out with chants of "Kick him out". Sherri then talked about training, and thanked the Fabulous Moolah and her friend Kathy Fitzpatrick. A production said something to Jerry Lawler, who then whispered something to Sherri. Sherri then rushed through a slew of thank you's to end her speech.

- Billy Kidman is in attendance at the event with Torrie Wilson. Ron Simmons is also in attendance. CM Punk is there, sitting with Maria.

- Tony Atlas is next, inducted by S.D. Jones. The video package for Atlas mentioned that Atlas faced Hulk Hogan and slammed him, but not that he pinned him. Jones, who was introduced as Atlas' longtime partner, and said that he and Atlas met in Allentown, Pennsylvania and became close friends. Jones said they went to the office and asked to become partners, and became one of the best tag teams at that time. He said they challenged Fuji & Saito, but didn't win the belts. Jones said it was his fault, and he stepped aside, which led to Rocky Johnson teaming with Atlas. Jones said Atlas and Johnson didn't get along, which resulted in Atlas and Jones becoming partners again. Jones then told a story about he and Atlas being in a gym in Spain, and having a lifting competition with some of the people there. Atlas lifted 660lbs., and no one in the gym wanted to try and compete with him. Jones then talked about Atlas out lifting Olympic athletes all around the world, then talked about Atlas' title victories.

- Tony Atlas then gave his acceptance speech. He thanked all the wrestling fans, saying there would be no stars without them. Atlas talked about some of his opponents and partners, including Ric Flair, Ken Patera, Dusty Rhodes, Superstar Graham, and noted that this was likely his last time in front of a huge crowd. Atlas told the story of his mother working two jobs to get by, and how they were "dirtpoor" and how they ate off of newspapers on the dirt floor of their house. Atlas said he was wearing the same pants at his High School graduation that he wore when he started school, but he was blessed to be born in the greatest country ever. Atlas said he proves that if you put in a good effort no matter who or what you are, you can make a name for yourself because you are in the United States. Atlas then asked a woman named Monica to stand up, and said in 1989 he was homeless when she took him in. Not knowing who he was, she educated him and now he's a certified personal trainer because of her. Atlas then said that Vince McMahon gave him a job as Saba Simba to give him a chance to earn money and get back on his feet, and thanked Vince for that. He closed the speech by asking everyone to remember that they live in the greatest country in the world.

- This ended the taping for the WWE.com broadcast. The rest of the show is being taped for USA Network.

- Hulk Hogan came out to induct Mean Gene Okerlund. The fans started chanting "One More Match" at Hogan, and soon a "Hogan-Austin" chant rang out. Hogan rubbed his fingers in the "money sign" and then admitted that would be a "great match someday". Hogan talked about Mean Gene's career and how they became friends. Hogan said that Okerlund helped wrestlers with promos when they didn't know what to say. He said Mean Gene became the "voice of wrestling and the life support of Hulkamania".

- Okerlund gave his acceptance speech, joking about tagging with Hulk Hogan. Bobby Heenan hugged Mean Gene and kissed his bald head. Mean Gene then told a bunch of stories, including making fun of the infamous Gobbledy Gooker, and talked about Ric Flair, the Hillbillies, the Sheik, Jake Roberts and others.

- It appears WWE has had John Cena come off the stage and sit amongst the other wrestlers in the front rows instead.

- The Eddie Guerrero induction, which will be airing on USA, is beyond amazing, with many WWE workers visibly crying.

- The Bret Hart induction is next. When Steve Austin came out, fans chanted "Austin-Hogan".

- During Bret Hart's induction speech, he told a lot of Owen Hart and Jim Neidhart stories. There were no references towards Shawn Michaels, except for Bret telling a story about how he once disciplined his son, so his son went to his room and came out with a Shawn Michaels shirt and glove on and said he was "in the kliq". Bret said while WWE took a lot from him, they gave him a lot too. Bret finished his speech about 15 minutes after 11pm (that's Eastern time, not Chicago time).

That ends live coverage of the Hall Of Fame, will have a more detailed recap of the Okerlund, Guerrero and Bret Hart inductions from the USA Network special on the site later today.

Bret Hart speech

Bret Hart Cut Short, Surprises At HOF, Backstage News

Bret Hart's Hall of Fame ceremony speech on the USA Network last night was heavily edited. Only seven minutes of the speech was actually shown. In actuality, his speech was said to be between 30 to 45 minutes. You'll need to purchase the Wrestlemania 22 DVD, which will include the entire Hall of Fame ceremony on a single disc, to see Bret's speech in it's entirety. Also note, the inductions of Mean Gene Okerlund and Eddie Guerrero were not edited.

The WWE Hall of Fame ceremony had a few surprise guests as Billy Kidman (sitting with Torrie Wilson), Barry Windham, Ron Simmons, Andrew "Test" Martin, Eric Bischoff, Tank Toland and C.M. Punk (sitting with Maria) were in the audience.

The 2006 Hall of Fame broadcast was on a one hour tape delay. The crowd's reaction to John Cena's appearance had to be incredibly edited.

Vince McMahon was present at the Hall of Fame ceremony but remained backstage and chose not to sit in the audience.

More on Hall of fame cerimony Bret/Eddie/hogan/Austin

-When John Cena was trying to induct William Perry, the crowd was just giving him a massive amount of boos. A "F*** you Cena" chant even started. In the arena, you couldn't hear what Cena was trying to say. When they showed Triple H on the big board, the crowd gave him a massive face pop.

-Ted DiBease threw out REAL money to the first few rows of the crowd prior to inducting Sherri, and he was in character for some of the speech. Sherri had a bit of trouble with guys saying derogatory remarks about her in the crowd, and she threatened to kick a heckler out. A huge "Kick him out" chant started.

-Hogan got a massive face pop as usual.

-SD Jones told an interesting story about how Tony Atlas would always bench press more than Olympic stars would be able to. Atlas said that Vince helped him so much since he had been dirt poor prior to working with the WWE.

-Shawn Michaels left with a large party right before the USA portion of the induction started.

-The Eddie chants were very apparent, and I witnessed several people in the crowd becoming teary eyed during the Vicky Guerrero's speech.

-When Bret came out, the ovation was unbelievable. When Bret Hart was telling a story that involved Hogan, the camera panned to Hogan and he looked like he was giving Bret a bit of a dirty look.

-The "Austin/Hogan" chants were very apparent when Stone Cold inducted Bret. Austin turned to Hogan and said something along the lines that "He has one more can of whoop ass with Hogan's name on it." The camera then showed Hogan's face who looked a bit irked by the comment.

Wrestlemania 22 recap

18 man battle royal preshow....Visara wins

WRESTLEMANIA 22

- Michelle Williams did a nice rendition of “America The Beautiful.”

- Video highlights of past Wrestlemanias aired.

- More Wrestlemania hype; video highlights of current programs.

- Pyro blasting at 7:07PM kicks off the live show with Jim Ross welcoming us.

1. World Tag Team title match: Carlito & Chris Masters vs. Kane & Big Show. Two separate two-man booths are show. Ross & Lawler in the Raw position, Cole & Tazz in the Smackdown booth. Bell rings at 7:12PM ET to kick off the first match of the night. Match starts off with Big Show and Masters in the ring. WWE has large posters of many current and past superstars hanging from the raftors. Kane comes off the top rope onto Carlito and Masters on the arena floor early in the match. Earlier in the match, Carlito was able to remove the top rope turnbuckle in the heel's corner. Masters puts Kane in the master lock at 5:10, but a big boot from the Big Show breaks that up. Masters bumped Carlito coming from the top rope trying to save his partner from a chokeslam, but it backfired. Kane pinned Carlito at 6:41 to retain the tag team straps.

WINNERS: Big Show and Kane

After the match, Masters and Carlito exchange words.

- Backstage, Coach interviewed HBK. Michaels said tonight's match is going to be ugly, and not a five star classic. HBK said McMahon is going to endure hell tonight.

2. "Money in the bank" ladder match. Rob Van Dam, Ric Flair, Shelton Benjamin, Matt Hardy, Fit Finlay, Bobby Lashley. All four announcers are calling the action. RVD does an early cross body over the top rope onto Matt Hardy holding a ladder. Benjamin follows suit over the top rope onto Lashley, Van Dam on Lashley on the area floor. Hardy superplexs Flair from the top of the standing ladder. Referees called for help, and Flair was helped to the back. Benjamin powerbombed Lashley off the ladder, but it took help from Finlay and Hardy. Chants of RVD are heard. Cole noted that its Hardy's third Wrestlemania ladder match. At the 6:18 mark, Flair returned from the back and went after Finlay. Fans chanted whoo. Flair almost had the brief case, but Finlay stopped him with a foreign object. Lashley hit his finisher on Benjamin and grabbed a ladder. RVD used a dropkick using a chair from the top rope to stop him. Hardy dropped a leg on Lashley coming off a ladder. Hardy hit a side effect on Finlay off the ladder at the 10:20 mark. RVD splashed Finlay off the top of the ladder. Chants of ECW were heard. RVD knocked off Shelton and Hardy from a second ladder and grabbed the brief case at 12:20 to win the match.

WINNER: Rob Van Dam

- Backstage, Josh Matthews interviewed Mean Gene Okerlund. He talked about his bar tab last night, but was interrupted by Randy Orton. Orton said he would be inducted into the hall of fame some day. A dressed up Batista interrupted, and said the winner of the 3-way match is just holding the title until he returns.

- Howard Finkel introduced the class of 2006 hall of fame inductees. Fink said Bret "Hitman" Hart was uncomfortable and wouldn't appear. Vickie Guerrero came out with Chavo Guerrero in Eddie's spot. Fans chanted "Eddie, Eddie." The Blackjacks raised Vickie's arms in the air.

3. U.S. title match: Chris Benoit vs. JBL (with Jillian Hall). They raised the enterance ramp to allow JBL’s limo to drive in. Early in the match, Benoit worked on JBL's injured left hand and tried for an unsuccessful crippler crossface. Benoit hit a few German suplexes, and did his throat slash gesture, but JBL was able to counter. JBL hits a superplex on Benoit, as chants fan "let's go Benoit." JBL attempted Eddie's three amigos, but Benoit blocked the third attempt. JBL slowed the match down with a headlock on the mat. Benoit hit the three amigos on JBL and called his for headbutt. Benoit hit the headbutt, but JBL kicked out. JBL went for the clothesline from hell, but Benoit countered. JBL held the rope and pinned Benoit at 9:45 to win the U.S. title.

WINNER: JBL to capture the United States title

4. Hardcore match: Edge (with Lita) vs. Mick Foley.
    Ross and Lawler welcome Joey Styles into the Raw booth as he has called a few hardcore matches in his day. Styles is doing the play by play with The King. Edge hits Foley with the cookie sheet over the head. Edge hit the spear, but appeared to have his injured his shoulder in the process. Foley had barbed wire under his clothes, as Edge starting bleeding from the shoulder area. Foley clotheslines Edge and Lita onto the arena floor. Foley covered Edge for a two count. On the outside, Edge slams Foley into the ring steps. Edge sets up a table on the floor, and puts Foley onto it. Edge headed towards the top rope, but Foley gets off the table. In the ring, Edge pulls out the lighter fluid and pours some on Foley. Edge hits Foley with his barbed wire covered baseball bat, as Foley begins to bleed. Edge pins Foley, but he kicks out. Edge brings in a sack with thumbtacks, and spreads them out on the mat. Foley reverses a maneuver, and puts Edge back first on the thumbtacks! Foley drops "barbie" onto Edge as he juices "big time" from the forehead. Foley puts lighter fluid on the table. Lita hits Foley with "barbie" in the mid section. With the table on fire, Edge spears Foley on the arena floor. Styles gives his classic "Oh My God." Edge pinned Foley at 14:35.

WINNER: Edge

After the match, a bloody Foley raised his arms to chants of "Foley!"

- Backstage, Booker T and Sharmell are nervous. They see Paul Birchall doing his pirate gimmick with a sword. As they walk backstage, they see DiBiase and Eugene. Snitsky is licking Mae Young's foot. Gross! Goldust wearing a dress. Goldust said all of them are freaks, as they all gather around Booker T and Sharmell and talk about the Boogyeman. Goldust whispered something to Booker, and he said tell me you just didn't say that. The Million Dollar Man did his classic laugh as Booker T and his wife walked away.

- They show the Snicker contest winners.

- They show NFL's Joe Theismann and Michelle Williams sitting ring side.

5. Handicap match: Booker T and Sharmell vs. The Boogeyman. Booker and Sharmell act totally scared of the Boogeyman. Booker hits the book end at the 2:00 mark, but Boogeyman kicked out. No crowd reaction whatsoever for this match. Sharmell attempted to hit Boogeyman with his staff, but is stopped. Boogeyman kisses Sharmell with a bunch of worms in his mouth. Sharmell runs off screaming. Boogeyman pinned Booker T at 3:52.

WINNER: Boogeyman

6. Women's title match: Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James. Ross rejoins the booth. Looks like Styles was brought to Wrestlemania to call the hardcore match only. Chants of "lets go Mickie" could be heard. James goes for the single leg boston crab and pulled Trish's hair until the referee was forced to break the hold. Odd, fans appear to be really behind James, even is acknowledged by JR. James kicked out after a running powerbomb. At the 8:48 mark, following a missed Stratusfaction attempt, James pinned Stratus.

WINNER: Mickie James, the new Women's champion

- Backstage, Vince called for a McMahon family prayer. Vince gets on his knees with Stephanie, Linda, and Shane. Vince tells God he is going to send HBK to hell.

7. Casket match: The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry.
    Cole and Tazz played up Taker's 13-0 Wrestlemania streak. This is the first casket match at Wrestlemania, and for the first time, Undertaker doesn't have to be pinned for his winning streak to end. At 4:20, Undertaker goes old school and walks to the top rope and nails Henry. Chants of "Henry sucks" could be heard. Henry falls into the casket and pulls Taker in with him. Henry hit a power manuever, and tried to cover The Undertaker, but of course, pin attempts don't count. The Undertaker hit the last ride from one corner of the ring. The Undertaker flies over the top rope (over the casket) to hit a clothesline. Taker hits the tombstone at 9:10 and pushes Henry into the casket and closes it at 9:26 for the victory.

WINNER: The Undertaker is now 14-0.

After the match, Cole talked as if Taker would get into the title picture now.

8. No Holds Barred: Vince McMahon vs. Shawn Michaels. McMahon has a blown up picture of his Muscle and Fitness magazine cover. Match starts on the outside as HBK wraps a cable around Vince's head. In the ring, HBK smashes the magazine cover over his head. The Spirit Squad did a run in and beat down HBK. Kenny tries to drop elbow, but HBK recovers. HBK hits each member of the squad with their megaphone. McMahon, now slightly bleeding from his head, uses his belt on HBK. Vince does the stomp for the superkick, but HBK catches his foot. HBK whips Vince with his own belt. HBK drops the top rope elbow at 7:15. Michaels calls for the superkick, but Shane McMahon hits HBK with the kendo stick. Vince pulls down his pants, but HBK blocks and pushes his son's face into his exposed rear end. HBK grabs Shane's handcuffs and cuffs him to the middle rope. HBK canes Shane with the kendo stick. HBK nails Vince with a chair in the ring. HBK calls for the superkick again, but pulls up. HBK goes outside and grabs a ladder from under the ring. HBK rams the ladder into Vince's head, as Mr. McMahon's head pours out blood. HBK goes for the kick again, but Vince dropped to his knees. HBK throws garbage cans into the ring. HBK nails Vince with a can as a helpless Shane looks on. HBK sets up a table in the ring, and places the chairman on it. HBK climbs the ladder, but climbs down. HBK goes out for a taller ladder. HBK puts a garbage can over Vince's head on the table and climbs the ladder. HBK does the DX chomp and drops the elbow through the table. Medical staff surrounded the ring. HBK gives Vince the superkick and pins him at 18:25.

WINNER: HBK

After the match, medical staff put Vince on a stretcher and wheel him out. Vince, being carted off, still gives HBK the finger as Shawn looks on.

HBK leaves the ring and gives his wife a kiss.

- They announced that Wrestlemania 23 will be at Ford Field in Detroit on April 1, 2007.

9. World Heavyweight championship: Kurt Angle vs. Randy Orton vs. Rey Mysterio. P.O.D. performed "619" song as Rey was the first one out. Before the match, Orton grabbed the title belt from the Charles Robinson and nails Angle. Angle does a double German suplex. Wow! Lots of early action. Fans chanted "lets go angle." Rey went for the 619, but Angle catches him and puts him into the ankle lock. Angle forced Orton to tap out, but Rey had the referee distracted. Orton hits the RKO at 6:06, but Angle kicked out at 2 1/2. Rey totally blew a spot on the outside. Orton hit a reverse neckbreaker on Rey for a two count. Lots of near falls. Rey hit 619 on Orton followed by a springboard into a pinfall. Good match, just way too short.

WINNER: Rey Mysterio to win the World title

After the match, they showed Rey's family. Chavo and Vickie Guerrero came out to congratulate Rey.

- Ross and Lawler talk about the HHH-Cena match. They showed Cena on the big screen, and already he's getting booed. Ross talked about Cena being a controversial champion.

10. Playboy Pillow match: Candice Michelle vs. Torrie Wilson. They announced Michelle from Boise, Idaho, but its Wilson who is from Idaho. Ross said the gate was over $2 million. Chants of "boring" were heard. Michelle pulled out scissors and cut off Torrie's black outfit. Wilson pinned Michelle with a roll up at 3:52.

WINNER: Torrie Wilson

11. WWE title match: John Cena vs. Triple H. HHH came out with a crown on his head with his symbol on a neckless and waist belt. He looked like a barbarian of some sorts. Cena came out ala the old Chicago style gangster with a gun in hand. As you might expect, Cena was largely booed. Early on, HHH tries to "school" Cena. HHH hit a vicious clothesline, but Cena kicked out at two. HHH puts Cena into a sleeper hold. Cena hits a clothesline as both men fall to the mat. HHH hit a spinebuster to babyface crowd reaction. Cena landed the five knuckle shuffle, and applies the STFU, but HHH made it to the ropes. HHH blocks the FU, but HHH, Cena and the referee end up in the corner and Triple H goes for a low blow and hits the referee. HHH gives Cena the DX chop. HHH gets the sledgehammer, but Cena blocked it first, but then is struck by it. Cena kicked out as the referee recovered. HHH kicks out after Cena hit the FU. Cena slaps on the STFU again. Referee checked HHH's arm, but it wouldn't drop for a third time. HHH tries for the ropes, but taps out at 22:03.

WINNER: John Cena

What Happened Before & After WrestleMania 22 Went Off The Air

What Happened Before & After WrestleMania 22 Went Off The Air & what you might not have seen on TV

- The entranceway for the wrestlers is made to resemble the Chicago skyline, with a giant Titantron above it.

- There are huge portraits of wrestlers hung throughout the arena. In addition to the current stars, there are portraits of Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Steve Austin, Rock and Hardcore Holly. Yes, Hardcore Holly.

- There are already chants of "Cena Sucks" from the fans in the arena. Later, there were "Eddie" chants.

- The Wrestlemania 22 program has a review of classic title matches that have taken place in Chicago.

- A Wrestlemania video was shown on the screens, and the crowd popped when an image of Hulk Hogan appeared.

- Smackdown's Tony Chimmel came out to the ring, then introduced Raw's Lilian Garcia. Tazz & Michel Cole then entered, with Tazz receiving an "ECW" chant from the crowd. Jim Ross then entered to a huge pop and ovation from the crowd. Jerry Lawler came out, but no Jonathan Coachman.

- They are holding an Inter-brand 18-Man Battle Royale for the fans in the building (and probably the DVD again). Participants included: Eugene, Viscera, Goldust, Gene Snitsky, Sylvan, Tyson Tomko, Lance Cade, Trevor Murdoch, Matt Striker, Super Crazy, Psicosis, Sho Funaki, Steven Richards, Johnny Nitro, Joey Mercury, Road Warrior Animal, William Regal, and Simon Dean. The wrestlers had T-shirts on representing their brand, similar to last year. Simon Dean grabbed the mic and tried to speak, but was immediately thrown out.

- Viscera won the battle royale, last eliminating Gene Snitsky. Viscera also eliminated MNM near the end. Viscera grabbed Lilian Garcia and went to kiss her. She started to protest, but then let him, and the crowd popped for it.

- The crowd went back to chanting "Cena Sucks" and "Eddie" waiting for the show to begin. Every shot of Cena in the opening video was booed.

- The heat from Kane's fire set off a pyro burst on the stage by accident.

- Kane & Show vs. Masters & Carlito - It was an OK opener. That pyro is insanely hot. Crowd liked it but wasn't insanely behind either team. They were behind Carlito big time during the dissension with Masters.

- Money in the Bank - RVD and Benjamin both made their best Mania showings to date here. Flair was good as Terry Funk, doing things he's far too old to do with the crowd loving him for it. Good showings by all involved. You have to love the huge ECW chant for the 5 star frog splash off the ladder. Far too many great spots to recap but an amazing match.

- JBL vs. Benoit - An OK match. Scattered Chants for Eddie Guerrero during the match but nothing very loud live, so I doubt they were picked up. Lots of applause for Benoit as they left.

- Foley vs. Edge - It was good to see Joey Styles get a chance to call this as he deserved to be here. Great match with Foley pulling out all of his classic death match stuff and Edge doing an awesome job in all respects...bumps, facials, and making everything seem brutal. people were shocked to see them doing the fire spot outside the ring but it was an awesome moment that was. Great ovation for Foley's exit.

- Booker T & Sharmell vs. Boogeyman - Funny

- Trish Stratus vs. Mickie James - The Surprise match of the night so far was a good part of the crowd chanting and cheering for James because Trish is from Canada and there's a Chicago vs. Canada thing going on. This was probably the best Women's bout in Mania history until the point Stratus appeared to blow out her knee as it fell apart from there on. The crowd popped every time James kicked out and booing Stratus. James avoiding the Stratusfaction was classic. They lost some momentum with the finish but that couldn't be helped. Stratus was limping badly as the referee walked her to the back after.

- Undertaker vs. Mark Henry - Well, the entrance was nice. Taker hitting the dive was insanely scary especially since it didn't look like Henry was going to catch him, The crowd went crazy for the tombstone.

- Michaels vs. McMahon - It took about 10 seconds for the Bret Hart chants. McMahon was great mocking Michaels. Ken Doane of Spirit Squad was awesome in the Squad's sequence. Everyone was looking for Bret during the Kiss my Ass tease. McMahon is insane for taking that chair shot at his age. Ditto the trash can shots. They lost the crowd a bit during the set up take down and set up another ladder sequence. That elbow was awesome, though. The crowd popped for the old school DX crotch chops too.

- The crowd booed the Detroit announcement for Wrestlemania 23. I thought that was funny.

- World title - They started off awesome in the ring. No Eddie chants for Rey early in a surprise. Pat Patterson was out watching the match. There was so much smoke sitting in the Arena, a portion of the upper deck was chanting, "We can't see you." Crowd booed Rey breaking up a submission by Angle on Orton. Crowd wants Angle to win. The Eddie chants started a little as Orton got some 2 counts on Rey but they died out as soon as Angle returned. Crowd popped huge for the win by Rey. It was a nice touch to send Vicki and Chavo Guerrero out.

- Pillowfight - HOT!!!

- Al Capone got a huge pop from the crowd when he appeared on the screen. Pat Patterson and Johnny Ace could be seen watching the match near the stage.

- After the PPV ended, Cena celebrated in the ring and cried. The crowd was 50/50 for him, with lots of people walking out as soon as the match was over. Triple H got up on his knees in the ring after Cena left, and there was some applause, but a lot of boos. Triple H picked up the sledgehammer and walked to the back. There was a "Triple H" chant as he got to the stage and exited.

+ Reply to Thread