WWE:NEWS: Brock Lesner/Tough Enough/Bret Hart
The Minnesota Vikings' website has started selling Brock Lesnar's #69 jersey for $64.99. The jersey is expected to arrive in stock on August 25th. This seems to be a good sign for Brock that he will make at least the practice squad.
- IGN.com reports that Bret Hart will be a character in the upcoming WWE RAW vs. Smackdown video game.
- As reported earlier, WWE is planning to start handing out fines to many wrestlers who have violated the company's new dress code. Wrestlers are now required to wear slacks and a shirt on flights, at arenas, etc.
- WWE has announced that they will be returning to Toronto (well, technically Kitchener, Ontario, Canada) on November 21st for a RAW brand house show at the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium.
- The winner of the next 'season' of Tough Enough will win $1,000,000. The announcement was on SmackDown! this week. The show will start this fall.
WWE NEWS: Goldberg trash's WWE!
A article that will be run this week in Alex Marvez' syndicated wrestling column, Bill Goldberg says he has no interest in coming back to the World Wrestling Entertainment and was unhappy with the way WWE creative tried to portray his persona.
"I think the way they handled my character was moronic. Any businessman who has business first and foremost on his mind wouldn't have done what they did ... People didn't want to see Goldberg have emotions or laugh. They wanted to see him rip people's heads off."
Also, Goldberg criticized how the fans responded to Brock Lesnar's dreams of joining the NFL, citing the "You sold out" chants during Wrestlemania XX.
"I felt really bad for the guy because he made a decision and stood up for what he believed. He wanted to fulfill a dream. Instead of being behind him 100 percent, the fans resented it."
Mentioned in the article is that Goldberg is working on Adam Sandler's The Longest Yard along with Steve Austin, Bob Sapp, and Kevin Nash. He is also putting together an "All-Star" show in Japan.
WWE NEWS: Pete Rose / Brock Lesner
The Associated Press has an article floating around about WWE Hall of Famer Pete Rose owing the IRS $1 Million in unpaid taxes. While it doesn't say where the money he made is from, one has to think that it includes some of the money that Vince paid Rose to appear at the WWE HOF Cermoney.
****- Detroit News Online (detnews.com) made a mention of Brock Lesnar getting hazed by his fellow teammates at the end of Viking Training Camp. In the article, it mentions who the men were that hazed Lesnar. It was Kelly Campbell (WR), Chris Liwienski (G) and NFL All Star Randy Moss (WR). Being that it was some of the starters, including the Viking franchise player, I would say that it was probably a good thing for Lesnar.
- The 8/19 edition of WWE SmackDown drew a 3.1 broadcast rating, according to Nielsen Media Research. This rating is up from last week's very low 2.6 rating.
WWE NEWS: Snuka Jr/ Trish Stratus / Selton Benjamin
Duvari has been signed to a WWE developmental deal and is set to manage Jimmy Snuka JR in OVW. Management are high on Snuka JR.
Trish Stratus is back on the road this week after being given time off from house shows recently, due to her hand injury.
Shelton Benjamin is possible for RAW tonight as management is happy with his house show work since returning. He'll make his return very shortly.