+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: anybody here watch soccer?

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Oh yah, I have always thought Owen looked really short. But he's almost the same height as me!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Owen is short compared to most of the players, he especially is short for a forward i mean look at Niall Quinn .I was being sarcastic about the whole Dennis Irwin thing I mean he played with them for about 10 yrs so any fan woulld remember him
    Like I said you should have gotten all the teams autogaph and sold them at school you would have made a killing
    Even tho your not a Pool fan its nice to meet people like that and see what there really like
    Tony Adams was a brillant defender He was better at 35 that mst guys are at 25
    What does Genisis and Darwin have in common they both have no conclusive proof and are theories

Champions League QuaterFinals Match-Ups

Real Madrid vs Manchester United

Inter Milan vs Valencia

Ajax vs AC Milan

Barcelona vs Juventus

My reaction: .

It could be 3 Spanish teams in or 3 Italian teams in the Semis.
    But Man U will put on a good fight with Real.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

FORT Fogey

Soccer Fans, Japan doesn't like us! Who knew?

Japan cancels soccer matches in U.S.

Japan's national team has canceled friendly soccer matches scheduled in the United States later this month because of the war in Iraq, Japan Football Association (JFA) officials said Friday.

The officials said the JFA made the decision during Friday's board meeting after several soccer clubs of national team members requested that the American tour be canceled for security reasons.

The Japan team was slated to play Uruguay on March 26 in San Diego and the United Sates on March 29 in Seattle.

Soon after Washington and London launched attacks on Iraq Thursday, JFA President Saburo Kawabuchi asked domestic soccer clubs whether to go ahead with the tour.

Because many clubs showed disapproval, the association decided to cancel the soccer friendlies in America.

The JFA decided in mid-February to cancel the trip, but made an about face after the U.S. Soccer Federation guaranteed the safety of the visiting players.

Now that the March tour has been canceled, the JFA is discussing the possibility of hosting international matches in Japan. Uruguay's national team is being tipped to be a top candidate for a match in late March, JFA sources said.

The JFA will pay cancellation fees to its U.S. counter part. (Compiled from Mainichi and wires stories, March 21, 2003)

Hey, so sorry to hear that.

It's the same here when Oasis cancelled their trip due to the Bali bombings then.

I'm sure JFA had enough security reasons to not come over for the friendly. Nothing personal, I hope.

FORT Fogey
    To follow up on CaliGirl's Japan post, the U.S. Men's Team will now be playing Venezula in Seattle.

Venezuela's not exactly a powerhouse and I think their best defense would be to field some home-grown supermodels to distract our boys. Otherwise, I predict an easy 3-0 romp!

I'd love attend if I could though.

As for the Champions League, I'm a Barça supporter but Real, ugh, is looking mighty fine.

FORT Fogey

Let's chat about that some time...

Better than a Barca Lounger.

"La Ley del Deseo" - great film! One of Almodovar's best

FORT Fogey

Re: Let's chat about that some time...

Better than a Barca Lounger.

"La Ley del Deseo" - great film! One of Almodovar's best
    It truly is! Carmen Maura is wonderul as Tina and the film's got this absurd restraint to it that's top notch.

Manchester United are top of the Premiership for the first time this season thanks to Ruud van Nistelrooy's hat-trick in a 3-0 win over Fulham at Old Trafford

Liverpool vs Leeds United

Arsenal vs Everton ~ today

Something to look forward to, CaliGirl?

+ Reply to Thread